Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sarkisian: 2012 Huskies couldn't overcome the youth factor

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013

We've been whooooshed

That's what I'm thinking.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013

So if they had been 9-4 last season like they should have been, then would you say the program is in good condition? A couple of stupid fluke losses away from being 9-4 and the program is hopeless? Yes those losses were an embarrassment and inexcusable mistakes. But that does not define where the program is currently at.

The program rose to respectability the last 4 years, and now with the new Husky Stadium and facilities upgrades, we can finally "take the next step" (I know you all love that quote from last season haha) to elite status.

We fell behind in the facilities race for far too long. Not even Nick Saban could win the Pac 12 with a piece of shit stadium with a fucking track around the field, and a decade of miserable losing seasons.

I know you are whoosing everyone, but I would think the exact same of the program, even if we went 9-4. By the end of the Apple Cup, I really didn't give a shit that we lost. It was more the way we played. We were making the Cougs' Samoan DT look like Warren Sapp in his prime. I watched 3 or 4 other Coug games and never noticed the guy one time when I did.

There's no excuse for getting blown out in year 4 like we did. We were arguably LSU's easiest win all season. Towson played them tougher than we did! Arizona beat us 52-17! How can you ignore that shit?

Did you see the game against Cal? How about Colorado? We looked like a team that was close to contending in those games? The program sucks and there is more than enough evidence that Sark is no better than average. I guess the program isn't hopeless in the sense we are better than we were under Ty, but we are hopeless to thinking we can contend for conference championships. It's not going to happen under Sark. I will gladly eat my words if we go 9-3 this year, but I know that is never going to happen.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We've been whooooshed

Disagree

Let's roll
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited June 2013

This is what I am trying to say. Sark is the one. He is the next Dawgfather. He is a great leader and he knows what he is doing. That is my opinion. If I am wrong and we only win 8 games next year, then I will say fire him. I say we will win 10 games next year. After that, the next great Husky QB will be Troy Williams, he will take us to Rose Bowls and a NC.

Everyone here wants Sark to be the one but its not promising. Sure, there is a healthy amount of talent on paper but the problem is two-fold: weakness on the lines and sloppy/inconsistent play. Those two areas are critical and more important than talent. You may not recall the 2002/2003 squads but they were very strong on paper and projected to be top 15 teams. Both had problems on the OL and DL and were hugely inconsistent and overall disappointing.

Dude, have you seen our DL? If Danny Shelton gets hurt the DL could be worse shape than the OL from early last season.

Oregon and Stanford will be losses while we'll likely lose 2/3 to UCLA, ASU and OSU. Thats 4 losses right there before even playing Boise, Cal and Arizona. Best scenario is we beat OSU (its a good matchup) and upset one of the other 4 and go 9-3.

I commend you for having high expectations, if that's really the case and I agree on Troy Williams. He is going to be damn good.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013

We've been whooooshed

Disagree

Let's roll
    That sort of feels like a low tweak.
  • Options
    NorthLakeDubNorthLakeDub Member Posts: 47
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

We've been whooooshed

I'm not familiar with this term. What does it mean?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

We've been whooooshed

Hi Harv?

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

So if they had been 9-4 last season like they should have been, then would you say the program is in good condition? A couple of stupid fluke losses away from being 9-4 and the program is hopeless? Yes those losses were an embarrassment and inexcusable mistakes. But that does not define where the program is currently at.

The program rose to respectability the last 4 years, and now with the new Husky Stadium and facilities upgrades, we can finally "take the next step" (I know you all love that quote from last season haha) to elite status.

We fell behind in the facilities race for far too long. Not even Nick Saban could win the Pac 12 with a piece of shit stadium with a fucking track around the field, and a decade of miserable losing seasons.

Disagree.
  • Options
    Founders Club

This is what I am trying to say. Sark is the one. He is the next Dawgfather. He is a great leader and he knows what he is doing. That is my opinion. If I am wrong and we only win 8 games next year, then I will say fire him. I say we will win 10 games next year. After that, the next great Husky QB will be Troy Williams, he will take us to Rose Bowls and a NC.

Great leader you say?

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Nothing will change.

As a bench warmer in the SEC, I played very little, but I did see how winning teams are built. Cream Puff is not even close.

Lack of preparedness, direction, attitude, toughness, player development and accountability. These are coaching problems. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see things changing until a new head coach takes over.

And after having a 12-1 season as BYU QB, and being a protege under Pete Carroll at USC, Sark knows absolutely nothing about how a winning team is built. He has never seen what a winning team looks like, has he?

So I guess you must have some kind of privileged insider's perspective of the UW program and you see the daily ins and outs of the program that leads you to the conclusion that nothing will change and Sark is not even close to building a winning team?
    I watch the games. That's all I need to see to know that Sark is not even close to building a winning team.

HTH
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

We've been whooooshed

Hi Harv?

NorthLakeDub is a bit less obvious than QueenAnneCoog.
  • Options

Nothing will change.

As a bench warmer in the SEC, I played very little, but I did see how winning teams are built. Cream Puff is not even close.

Lack of preparedness, direction, attitude, toughness, player development and accountability. These are coaching problems. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see things changing until a new head coach takes over.

And after having a 12-1 season as BYU QB, and being a protege under Pete Carroll at USC, Sark knows absolutely nothing about how a winning team is built. He has never seen what a winning team looks like, has he?

So I guess you must have some kind of privileged insider's perspective of the UW program and you see the daily ins and outs of the program that leads you to the conclusion that nothing will change and Sark is not even close to building a winning team?
    I watch the games. That's all I need to see to know that Sark is not even close to building a winning team.

HTH
    7-6>7-6>7-6. Hope THAT helps.

• Options
    Swaye said:

Disagree.
    You disagree on Saban?

• Options

Nothing will change.

HTH
    Well I guess you are a glass half empty and I am a glass half full point of view on the current state of the program. But my expectations are not any lower than yours. I expect championship level football, and that is where I think we will be.
  • Options

We've been whooooshed

Hi Harv?

NorthLakeDub is a bit less obvious than QueenAnneCoog.
    If you guys think I am some old poster named Harv, I am not. I am new to this forum. I have read the articles posted in the past.
  • Options

Nothing will change.

HTH

And if we don't get to at least 9-4 in 2013 then its time to make some changes. But like I said before, I think we'll get 10 wins. We will win out at home this year, yes even beating the Ducks, finally!

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Disagree.
    You disagree on Saban?

Yes. I think Saban could win with two tracks around the field. Don James won big with a track around the field. Sure, facilities matter, but did you ever see the dump that Miami won all those NC's in? At the end of the day all you need is a solid AD and a great Coach, and Saban is a great college football Coach. He would win and win quickly here, no matter the stadium.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nothing will change.

HTH

And if we don't get to at least 9-4 in 2013 then its time to make some changes. But like I said before, I think we'll get 10 wins. We will win out at home this year, yes even beating the Ducks, finally!

You were doing pretty well until the "even beating the Yucks (LOL), finally!

• Options
    The facilities argument is completely flaccid. USC has consistently had the worst facilities in the conference. As soon as Carroll showed up they started kicking ass again. Oregon's program turned around before most of the facilities improvements. The reason it turned around was because the conference sucked in the mid to late 90s and they were able to string together 4-4 and 5-3 conference records which would be inflated by their non-conference schedule, Kansas St-lite. They had all the great facilities before Chip but never became the national program they thought they were. It was Chip who took them there.

You will see in the next few years that the new facilities will not elevate mediocre-Sark to a sudden championship coach.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Disagree.
    You disagree on Saban?

Yes. I think Saban could win with two tracks around the field. Don James won big with a track around the field. Sure, facilities matter, but did you ever see the dump that Miami won all those NC's in? At the end of the day all you need is a solid AD and a great Coach, and Saban is a great college football Coach. He would win and win quickly here, no matter the stadium.
    Any coach at Saban's level, at that point in his career, would not take the job with a track around the field and crumbling stadium.

Yes, James won with the track around the field, 20-30 years ago. Husky Stadium was cool back in the 80's and early 90's. Look, I love the old Husky Stadium because of all the great memories there. But let's face it, it was damn embarrassing having a crumbling stadium with an ugly ass track around the field, with the fans on the west end sitting 50 yards away from the endzone.

Last time I checked the AD doesn't call any of the plays. As long as the AD puts full support behind football and basketball, and makes the right coaching hires, then he is doing his job. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Woodward have a lot to do with the stadium being rebuilt? I'd say that is a pretty big accomplishment.

6-5-1, 6-6, 7-5, 6-6. Nick Saban's first four years as a head coach at Michigan State. His first four years as a head coach were proof that he would never become a great college coach.....oh wait, actually he turned out to be pretty damn good.