Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Undead Dick Cheney Rides Again

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

People forget that Reagan was a big tax cutter until he wasn't. Military spending which is the greatest Keynesian stimulus of all is 'spensive.

People forget Seattle tiuff liberals were built on the war mongers building B52s and shit.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2017
    2001400ex said:

I'm hearing that the economy will increase enough to pay for the tax cuts. Even after the CBO used dynamic scoring.

They've peddled that nonsense before a few times...people keep falling for it for some reason. The debt just goes up and the poor and what's left of the middle class get fucked. Dems and their identity politics and faggotry aren't much better, but they are better by a cunt hair.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463

2001400ex said:

I'm hearing that the economy will increase enough to pay for the tax cuts. Even after the CBO used dynamic scoring.

They've peddled that nonsense before a few times...people keep falling for it for some reason. The debt just goes up and the poor and what's left of the middle class get fucked. Dems and their identity politics and faggotry aren't much better, but they are better by a cunt hair.
    Yes millions more on welfare and food stamps was special under the raise the taxes Obozo era. Middle class shrank. So project that shit where it belongs!
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Yes millions more on welfare and food stamps was special under the raise the taxes Obozo era. Middle class shrank. So project that shit where it belongs!
    Actually. If you want to look at facts. Food stamp spending decreased after the tax increases.

HTH
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    edited December 2017
    When Obama took office in January 2009, almost 32 million people received SNAP benefits. The number increased during the Great Recession as more families turned to the program for assistance, averaging an annual high of 47.6 million participants in 2013. Sure sounds cheaper. Like Obozo care right?
    Sledog said:

When Obama took office in January 2009, almost 32 million people received SNAP benefits. The number increased during the Great Recession as more families turned to the program for assistance, averaging an annual high of 47.6 million participants in 2013. Sure sounds cheaper. Like Obozo care right?

Obama was impeached in 2013? That's news to me.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2017
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Actually. If you want to look at facts. Food stamp spending decreased after the tax increases.

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot
    @Sledog even posted the facts. Food stamp recipients and spending decreased from 2013 on. Tax increases were in 2012 (payroll tax relief ended) and 2014 (Obamacare).
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot
    As of July 7, 42.6 million Americans were receiving SNAP benefits during the current fiscal year, down from 44.2 million in 2016. The 2017 figure is the lowest since 2010, when 40.3 million people were on food stamps. The number peaked in 2013, at 47.6 million.

http://www.newsweek.com/people-food-stamps-snap-decline-participation-640500

But still.
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot
    As of July 7, 42.6 million Americans were receiving SNAP benefits during the current fiscal year, down from 44.2 million in 2016. The 2017 figure is the lowest since 2010, when 40.3 million people were on food stamps. The number peaked in 2013, at 47.6 million.

But still.
    Correlation does not equal causation. Dumb fucking shill.
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot

But still.
    Oh now you want causation. You are ok spouting that Obama spent $10 trillion dollars without discussing causation. (Well sledog did in this thread) And I never mentioned the cause, I just started a fact. A fact that makes you pissed off for whatever reason.
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot

But still.
    Oh now you want causation. You are ok spouting that Obama spent $10 trillion dollars without discussing causation. (Well sledog did in this thread) And I never mentioned the cause, I just started a fact. A fact that makes you pissed off for whatever reason.
    Now you think the talking points of your owners are facts? Ok shill
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot

But still.
    Then refute my facts. Show me where SNAP recipients went up after the tax increases.
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot

But still.
    Then refute my facts. Show me where SNAP recipients went up after the tax increases.
    No. Your history says enough.

Be a better poaster. El oh El.
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

HTH
    KOMO 4 faggot

But still.
    No. Your history says enough.

Be a better poaster. El oh El.
    Troomps hate facts.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    @pawz, Sledoog set it up, and Hondo knocked it down.

Sledoog said SNAP went up, but conveniently left out 2013 on. If Hondo's recitation of what happened is incorrect or otherwise misrepresented in any way, that's one thing. But nobody here is saying that.
    Sledog said:
    From your link.

From April 2015 to April 2016, participation is down 1.9 million participants.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    from your link
    We explained in a previous fact-check that it’s unclear whether SNAP sign-ups would have been just as high under a Republican president, as the economy was weakening before Obama took office. The beneficiary pool was already increasing under President George W. Bush, whose administration broadened eligibility criteria and tried to get more Americans to apply for SNAP assistance.
    So yeah, lots of people were on SNAP, but the number went down after 2013. And whether Obummer or a Republican were pesident makes little difference, since the economy sucked after the 2008 meltdown anyway.

But, sure.gif
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

@pawz, Sledoog set it up, and Hondo knocked it down.

Sledoog said SNAP went up, but conveniently left out 2013 on. If Hondo's recitation of what happened is incorrect or otherwise misrepresented in any way, that's one thing. But nobody here is saying that.

Yes... His Sark>Ty poast had some merit. First one of the day however.

The point is that there are still 8 Million more people sitting on their ass for food than there were when the economy crashed. Some justified, some not so much.

If you're gonna squeeze out another achor,... er uh baby, you should be able to feed them yourself with money earned by yourself.