Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thank you for your service Mr Smith

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
You have a lot of work to do in Corvallis. No need to get any FREE PUB coaching in the bowl game. Get started now!

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    At least we know the beavs will continue to suck!!! For many years to come.

Beavs gonna beav
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

At least we know the beavs will continue to suck!!! For many years to come.

Beavs gonna beav

You forget How Smith was the greatest Beav QB of all time. This is their path back to the Rose Bowl!

Pac12 North is now the toughest division in football. Hopefully Willie taggart pans out or Oregon is in for a tough stretch.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Not enough lols in the world for when the beavs win the civil war

That's close with UCLA running train after train on Oregon. Shoutout to az
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Can’t wait to see this bored when the Smith led Beavs beat our Dawgs the first time they play

Just like Sark did Carroll in year 1. The meltdown here would be epic. Will Sirmon or Yankoff be our Aaron Corp?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

Can’t wait to see this bored when the Smith led Beavs beat our Dawgs the first time they play

Except Jimmy will have the DB jump their first play which be a pass of course and it will take it to the house.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Of course now we will never know if Peterman would have fired Smith. As a compassionate human I'm glad Smith got a job instead of getting fired, but I would like to know if Petermen hated him as much as us,

Consider this a one time pass. Peterman has done enough as head guy to earn it, but as every long time half brain knows, the head coach is responsible for the program, not the assistant. He didn't have to fire Smith to keep his job either which is the other part of it.

The hire and the results on the field will speak volumes. I tend to agree with the wise oriental @RoadDawg55 that its Petermen's offense. And he did run the damn ball more after we blew the title.

We'll see

“Firing a lackluster assistant is what a good coach does, but a great coach patiently waits to pawn him off on a rival program.”

- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    It is entirely possible Petermen is on the next fucking level and pulled this off like a fucking boss.

BEER ME WHILE I DOOG
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Of course now we will never know if Peterman would have fired Smith. As a compassionate human I'm glad Smith got a job instead of getting fired, but I would like to know if Petermen hated him as much as us,

Consider this a one time pass. Peterman has done enough as head guy to earn it, but as every long time half brain knows, the head coach is responsible for the program, not the assistant. He didn't have to fire Smith to keep his job either which is the other part of it.

The hire and the results on the field will speak volumes. I tend to agree with the wise oriental @RoadDawg55 that its Petermen's offense. And he did run the damn ball more after we blew the title.

We'll see

“Firing a lackluster assistant is what a good coach does, but a great coach patiently waits to pawn him off on a rival program.”

Great coaches don't keep shit coordinators for four years.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Do they hire Lane Kiffin and Sark back to back?
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

We'll see

there is such a thing as too loyal (as it pertains to business and many things in life). I am afraid both Seattle head coaches fall in that category.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

We'll see

Yeah they do.

Even great coaches are dumbfucks.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

We'll see

Yeah they do.

Even great coaches are dumbfucks.
    I don't understand what Urban Legend sees in Schiano as a DC. Forget the Pedo stuff, the Ohio State defense is getting worked by any team they play with a pulse. Clemson, Oklahoma, Iowa were all disasters

He's like Smith in that tOSU looks great against shit teams