Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Today's shocking revelation

124»

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Franken admitted guilt then calls for a Senate investigation on himself. I’m assuming it’s to see if his guilty admission is truthful?

You just can’t make this shit up.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    doogie said:

Franken admitted guilt then calls for a Senate investigation on himself. I’m assuming it’s to see if his guilty admission is truthful?

To take responsibility. Get the facts, censure if substantiated (which they will be), and move on.

The benefit to the GOP is this de-fangs Franken for the next few years and opens him up to primary challenge and may render his seat competitive again. Minnesota is still purplish-blue, so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he could be beaten there.

I'd say that's pretty substantial, especially when you consider that some people were talking about him running for Prez in 2020. That's most likely not gonna happen now.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

doogie said:

To take responsibility. Get the facts, censure if substantiated (which they will be), and move on.

The benefit to the GOP is this de-fangs Franken for the next few years and opens him up to primary challenge and may render his seat competitive again. Minnesota is still purplish-blue, so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he could be beaten there.

I'd say that's pretty substantial, especially when you consider that some people were talking about him running for Prez in 2020. That's most likely not gonna happen now.
    This was not a disqualifying offense for the Republican candidate in 2016.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

AZDuck said:

doogie said:

This was not a disqualifying offense for the Republican candidate in 2016.
    IOKIYAR
  • Options
    Franken’s out. He’s fucking done. The only thing left is the Donner Party feast. Libs are gonna eat their own on this one.
  • Options
    doogie said:

Franken’s out. He’s fucking done. The only thing left is the Donner Party feast. Libs are gonna eat their own on this one.

He confessed. She forgave. I don't think he gets burned at the stake at the auto-da-fe. They just whip him some.

I could be wrong, but the Dems haven't had a good circular firing squad in a while.
  • Options
    Circular firing squads seem to be a thing, again everywhere.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

doogie said:

I can think of a couple other reasons why that would never have happened.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,911
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Disagree.
  • Options
    Valarie Jarrett has entered the fray which means Obama has spoken. He’s out. The great #SEXPURGE2017 is underway to clear the decks for a brand new demOcrat party.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

doogie said:

He confessed. She forgave. I don't think he gets burned at the stake at the auto-da-fe. They just whip him some.

I could be wrong, but the Dems haven't had a good circular firing squad in a while.
    They're going to sacrifice him so they can stay unconflicted going after Moore. They know they'll keep the spot thanks to the blue guvnah.

Franken's collateral damage for the DNC.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,271
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

doogie said:

Franken is a huge douche canoe. Shouldn't be allowed out in public.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

doogie said:

Pot.
    Kettle.

Black.
  • Options
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

AZDuck said:

doogie said:

Pot.
    Kettle.

Black.
    Dumb.
    Fucking.

Donkey.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

I hate Al Franken, but this is getting stoopid now. News flash, people have been grabbing tits for thousands of years. Everyone on this bored with hair on their balls has done it. I have done it. Whatever. Sure, full on assault is bad, as is buggering 14 year olds, but half of this shit is now "he pinched my butt" bullshit. Rape is bad. Doing kids is bad. Half of this shit is Oops, I grabbed your ass. NOSGAF

I mostly agree. The photo is in poor taste but it doesn't even look like he's grabbing her. As for the kiss, most of us have kissed somebody or been kissed by somebody without it being mutual (I've been on both ends) (lol!). Kissing someone against their will isn't a crime as far as I know.

Sensationalizing this kind of shit diminishes REAL sexual assault IMO.
    Obviously Helps Trump, IMO.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

dnc said:

AZDuck said:

Frankenpology.

At least he's not dismissing it as "locker room talk" and threatening to sue his accuser.

Sark > Ty!
    Disagree.

Taking responsibility >>>>>>>>>>>>>> deflecting
    Of course it is.

It's almost like being caught saying something offensive and being caught doing something offensive are different things. You can't deflect the accusation of forcing your tongue in someone's mouth as "locker room talk", nor a picture of you pretending to feel someone up while their asleep as "locker room talk". Franken's deflected a ton of offensive things he's said over the years. This is a completely different situation.

On the scales of what is worse than something else Actual rape >>>> pseudo fondling >>>>>>>>>>>> saying something offensive.

Actions are bigger than words, even in this pussy society. Comparing the response to wrong words to the response of wrong action is fucktarded. And I've defended Franken in this and can't stand Trump.

*> = worse.

All that being said Jake Browning sucks.
    Let's see, there's:

Al Franken ("actual rape", apology, submission to Ethics Committee and probable career over);

And... you've got Kevin Spacey ("actual rape") deflect - career over;

Louis C.K. (masturbating in front of women, apology - career over);

Harvey Weinstein ("actual rape" - deflect, career over and possible prosecution);

Roy Moore ("actual rape" - fondling a 14-year old, plying an underaged teenager with alcohol and forcibly coming onto another in a parking lot and dating numerous other teenage girls) - denial, still running for Senate in Alabama and will probably win;

Trump has gone well beyond words if you listen to his many, many accusers.

Besides admitting to touching "locker room talk," actual walking into dressing rooms of half-dressed teenage pageant hos... there was the Ivana Trump rape allegation in a deposition which she backed off from due to an NDA, an unwanted kiss ("actual rape") of Temple Taggart, Jill Harth - groping (actual rape?), Natasha Stoynoff, pushed against a wall and unwanted kiss ("actual rape"), Jessica Leeds - groped on plane (actual rape?), Summer Zervos, "actual rape" and then some - suing). And Trump has deflected, and his voters were willing to look the other way to keep Killary out of the White House.

Leaving aside some other names who have been caught up in this whole thing, like Oliver Stone, Roy Price, Ben Affleck, the US women's gymnastics team doctor, etc. - from the political standpoont the gap between Franken and Troomp/Moore seems pretty wide.

And I reckon this shit goes a lot further, what with the use of NDAs and settlements to cover things up. And if worse comes to worse, you can just flee the country if you're popular with Euroartfags like Roman Polanski.

And the thing is - the people who actually apologize are opening themselves up to civil suit and possibly criminal prosecution depending on the circumstances. It's an incredibly dangerous thing to do that no lawyer would ever advise you to do, in terms of your own personal liability.

Let's see what the people in Alabama decide to do. I don't think the guy Moore's running against ever raped or harassed anyone, although I suppose we're probably going to find out as the oppo research machine gets into full gear.

Oh yeah, and Butbillclinton? Got his shit dragged through the mud in the 1990's. Not much came of it then when there
    was no incentive for a woman to hold back. But who knows, maybe more women will come forward now. If there was ever an opportune moment, this is it.

Wellness check on azquook pls
  • Options
    doogie said:

Valarie Jarrett has entered the fray which means Obama has spoken. He’s out. The great #SEXPURGE2017 is underway to clear the decks for a brand new demOcrat party.

They will replace them with rue commies.