Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history

2»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

Carbon 14 is made from nitrogen in the air being struck by space radiation or whatever. The nitrogen turns into a heavy form of carbon (carbon14) and then they just measure the radioactive half life of carbon 14 particles laying around shit they find in the ground to make a matter of fact statement. Welcome to Science.

No Nukes
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'll have to see a hockey stick
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

I like to argue with science. I do that.

So did Einstein. And Keppler, Newton and others. Even your ancestor, Gigantopithecus, understood the laws of science get broken and are replaced by new laws as our knowledge expands. Your 3rd grade science book is not going to stay accurate forever Donnie. Get up to speed.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791

AZDuck said:

So did Einstein. And Keppler, Newton and others. Even your ancestor, Gigantopithecus, understood the laws of science get broken and are replaced by new laws as our knowledge expands. Your 3rd grade science book is not going to stay accurate forever Donnie. Get up to speed.
    OBK just indirectly compared himself to Einstein. That's a new level of special
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

AZDuck said:

There's a bit of truth in this observation, but while science is never completely settled in some areas it's a lot more settled than it was in the time of Keppler, Galileo, and Newton. Those dudes just didn't have the technology to get everything exactly right.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Somewhat ironic that in a thread about re writing everything we know about science due to a discovery, we would have the settled science team out telling us how science shouldn't be questioned.

Scientists were vital to White Supremacy. People forget that

#NeverForget
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

Carbon 14 is made from nitrogen in the air being struck by space radiation or whatever. The nitrogen turns into a heavy form of carbon (carbon14) and then they just measure the radioactive half life of carbon 14 particles laying around shit they find in the ground to make a matter of fact statement. Welcome to Science.

Thanks. We all learned that in Jr High. You may get back to your X-box now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing that the earth rotates around the sun
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2017
    NEsnake12 said:

AZDuck said:

OBK just indirectly compared himself to Einstein. That's a new level of special
    You are still in high school, so your science book is probably more up to speed than the quook's. But its still packed with bogus shit, most of which will be disproved 20, 50, 100 years from now. Be more open minded, like btp.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017

Somewhat ironic that in a thread about re writing everything we know about science due to a discovery, we would have the settled science team out telling us how science shouldn't be questioned.

#NeverForget

So were devout Christians. Deo Vindice.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

#NeverForget

Devout Christian folks were abolishinists
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

#NeverForget

Devout Christian folks were abolishinists
    Many were abolitionists. And many were pro slavery.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    in fairness to slavery, everyone in the 1860's was pretty het up about God
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

RedRocket said:

Stopped reading after 9.7 million. Can a species that can't even cure the common cold, really measure the age of something accurately that far back in time? No.

Creationist confirmed. Did you speak in tongues and do a Jesus induced hot lap around your Pentecostal church today?
    Gullible sap confirmed. Believes everything he reads from the experts without confirming that the science behind it is actually sound.
    "NEWS FLASH" Oregon Sucks....Source...me
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

AZDuck said:

Yeah. You're just like those guys.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    salemcoog said:

Gwad said:

The only thing you learned was how to hand over your lunch money.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Gwad said:

I was actually backing OBK up but no one seen it. Finding Carbon 14 in the same sediment layer as an item is circumstantial evidence to me.