Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Now that they've declared themselves virtuous, their work is over. Back to getting handsomely compensated to play games. I'm touched.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The Germans still have about 100 years left in my view before they get to share their opinions on the internal affairs of another nation. Seriously - fuck off.

This.

Fuck the fuck off 12 million times.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

Welcome to Dresden
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Welcome to Dresden

The German's were the first to open that Pandora's Box...

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    Whatevs you fucking americans
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Welcome to Dresden

Amazing resemblence to modern day Detroit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

Welcome to Dresden

I was just reminding them

And it was mainly the Brits that lit up Dresden. Good call
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017

Welcome to Dresden

I was just reminding them

And it was mainly the Brits that lit up Dresden. Good call
    @RaceBannon There was a recent documentary on the History Channel (don't watch it much as the content usually sucks) or Nat Geo - I can't remember - about the German Empire's WWI Zeppelin raids over London, which was the first instance of one European power trying to terrorize the other's civilian population through aerial bombardment.

Turns out, Zeppelins were actually really difficult to shoot down with the technology of that war. Using regular machine gun fire couldn't poke enough holes in the damn things other than to cause a slow leak (would have taken days for the enough hydrogen to leak out before crashing the damn thing). Then the Brits tried bullets which caught fire, but that didn't work either because there wasn't enough oxygen to combust the hydrogen. Finally, the pilots figure out that they had to strafe the same spot on the zeppelin over and over to allow enough oxygen in to cause the initial explosion.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    Ungrateful bastards still resent getting their ass handed to them in WWII. If it weren't for us being there now they'd all be speaking Russian.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Ungrateful bastards still resent getting their ass handed to them in WWII. If it weren't for us being there now they'd all be speaking Russian.

One of the more chinteresting counterfactuals in the field of history- i.e., would the USSR still been able to defeat NAZI Germany, had the US not entered the war in Europe? Remember the Soviets had stopped the Germans from taking Moscow a full year before we had any troops engaging Wehrmacht units in N. Africa. Lend lease aid hadn't started in earnest yet either. All that being said, Jake Browning sucks; and I think the more likely outcome would have been some sort of stalemate on the Eastern front had the US not entered the war.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946

Sledog said:

One of the more chinteresting counterfactuals in the field of history- i.e., would the USSR still been able to defeat NAZI Germany, had the US not entered the war in Europe? Remember the Soviets had stopped the Germans from taking Moscow a full year before we had any troops engaging Wehrmacht units in N. Africa. Lend lease aid hadn't started in earnest yet either. All that being said, Jake Browning sucks; and I think the more likely outcome would have been some sort of stalemate on the Eastern front had the US not entered the war.
    Stalin just needed more time to get his own guys in there in '42.

Eventually in a war of attrition, Russian still wins but probably not until at least a year, maybe two later than 1945. And by then, it's possible Germany would have developed the A-Bomb.

People forget Russia came in for the gold medal match with Japan right before Hiroshima. On the other hand, if the US threw everything it had vs. Japan rather than deploying into N. Africa and Europe, the Pacific War might have ended earlier and the US could have funneled supplies to Russia via the Pacific side without much hassle from German U0Boats and shit.

Either way it would have been chinteresting.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Stalin just needed more time to get his own guys in there in '42.

Eventually in a war of attrition, Russian still wins but probably not until at least a year, maybe two later than 1945. And by then, it's possible Germany would have developed the A-Bomb.

People forget Russia came in for the gold medal match with Japan right before Hiroshima. On the other hand, if the US threw everything it had vs. Japan rather than deploying into N. Africa and Europe, the Pacific War might have ended earlier and the US could have funneled supplies to Russia via the Pacific side without much hassle from German U0Boats and shit.

Either way it would have been chinteresting.

Stalin definitely pulled a Petersen in the late 1930's trying to get his OKG's.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Hitler got close the Asia at Stalingrad (and El Alamein for that matter), but technically speaking they were on European soil for the duration.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Hitler got close the Asia at Stalingrad (and El Alamein for that matter), but technically speaking they were on European soil for the duration.

Thanks for letting the few remaining people who didn't realize I am stoopid in on the secret.