Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yo DDY

Migos is DWAG shit! Kendrick Lamar is not.

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kendrick Lamar has like 2 good songs and nobody actually likes him. They just think they should like him because he has psuedo-philosophical ramblings and 'clever' word play. Rakim was amazing at that shit, but most people in his wake just talk a bunch of shit that is supposed to mean more than it does.

But I'm a less is more guy.

Versace! Versace! Versace!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXZxipry6kE
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kendrick Lamar is the shit
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kendrick Lamar is the shit boring.

• Options

Kendrick Lamar has like 2 good songs and nobody actually likes him. They just think they should like him because he has psuedo-philosophical ramblings and 'clever' word play.

Kendrick Lamar's last album was annointed "album of the year" before it even came out. His "critical acclaim" is really just a bunch of hipster group-think. Not sure what Kendrick's shit is but it isn't rap or hip-hop in the classical sense. In my mind he's just the same quasi-trap music bullshit that is so prevalent right now with some "conscious" lyrics. 20 years from now, people won't revere Kendrick Lamar the way we hold up Tribe Called Quest or Wu Tang. Kendrick is good by comparison to the rest of the bullshit that is currently being peddled as rap music.

This is like the rap equivalent of Lebron wouldn’t be able to hang in the Jordan era. Music evolves like everything else. I agree that a lot of the bullshit out there these days is garbage..... I’m sure their was a lot of shitty music back then too. Difference is it is way easier for people to make albums now so numbers game wise of course there will be more shitty stuff

Kendrick is good. DAMN is one of the only really good albums that has come out recently. It is stupid that it got anointed amazing before it even came out. Pre season rankings are bullshit as always but I think he followed through pretty well on this one.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Shout out to the all time less is more anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yRme0C2pmI
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kendrick Lamar has like 2 good songs and nobody actually likes him. They just think they should like him because he has psuedo-philosophical ramblings and 'clever' word play.

Kendrick Lamar's last album was annointed "album of the year" before it even came out. His "critical acclaim" is really just a bunch of hipster group-think. Not sure what Kendrick's shit is but it isn't rap or hip-hop in the classical sense. In my mind he's just the same quasi-trap music bullshit that is so prevalent right now with some "conscious" lyrics. 20 years from now, people won't revere Kendrick Lamar the way we hold up Tribe Called Quest or Wu Tang. Kendrick is good by comparison to the rest of the bullshit that is currently being peddled as rap music.

You lost me comparing it to old shit, but it was already "album of the year" before it came out.

The problem with Kendrick is that his dumb fans think he's so clever and conscious that most of his songs suck at the expense of having substance.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is like the rap equivalent of Lebron wouldn’t be able to hang in the Jordan era. Music evolves like everything else. I agree that a lot of the bullshit out there these days is garbage..... I’m sure their was a lot of shitty music back then too. Difference is it is way easier for people to make albums now so numbers game wise of course there will be more shitty stuff

Kendrick is good. DAMN is one of the only really good albums that has come out recently. It is stupid that it got anointed amazing before it even came out. Pre season rankings are bullshit as always but I think he followed through pretty well on this one.
    Damn sucks.
  • Options
    On what basis?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Jesus fucking Christ on a popsicle stick. Take this shit to the rap bored.

This is the Rapp bored
  • Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I feel old, rich, and white after reading this thread.

You sound like a Macklemore fan. Lastly, Macklemore sucks as do all white rappers
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    BallzDeep said:

I like Schoolboy Q, ASAP Rocky, The Fugees, Kid Cudi, Nas, Travis $cott, Post Malone, $UICIDEBOY$, and some Young Thug.

Rule of thumb... any rap name that contains "ASAP" or a "$" means the rapper sucks
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    skinned said:

I will not argue with your point on Rakim. Paid in Full is one my favorite albums of all time.

Bit I'll take 90's era west coast rap and anything that sounds like Schoolie D before this Migos/Quavo/Lil Uzi Vert bullshit.

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BallzDeep said:

The Fugees, Nas,

Christ
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2017
    BallzDeep said:

I like Schoolboy Q, ASAP Rocky, The Fugees, Kid Cudi, Nas, Travis $cott, Post Malone, $UICIDEBOY$, and some Young Thug.

Post Malone sucks fucking dick