Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck ESPN, just win baby

I just got home from the stadium, so I haven't seen the broadcast, but I'm having a hard time giving a fuck.

I'm a dipshit millienial doog and Husky football is fucking legit for the first time in my lifetime. There's no coach in America I'd rather have. This is bigger than a shitty non conference schedule, bigger than one playoff appearance, bigger than cupcakes. This thing is built to last and I'm dooging the fuck out.

As for the game, the defense is incredible. -40 yards rushing, how many sacks did we have? 2nd straight shutout for the first team defense. Defense giving up 7.8 points a game, would guess that drops to around 5 if you get rid of garbage time. They're straight murdering teams. Death Row is goddamn right.

My favorite offensive gameplan since probably Stanford last year. Amazing how much more effective play action is when you establish the run early. Hunter Bryant coming out party; kid's a manchild. Needed a #2 receiving threat to emerge next to Pettis and he did in a big way.

I'm not going to go full doog and suggest this ESPN bullshit is going to motivate the team... but there's no way a 13-0 UW is getting left out of the playoff, and it would be sweet as hell to beat the shit out of Herbie's Buckeyes, on his network, at the Rose Bowl.

Just win baby.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Pin this thread.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Great poast. Bravo Zulu.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also, it wasn't a shutout for the FIRST TEAM defense. It was a shutout for the DEFENSE. I'm happy Dante gave them that TD. Fuck 'em. We won 31-0.

We could've played for 6 more hours and they wouldn't have scored.

Same w/ the Beavs from last week. That game could still be going on and they wouldn't have scored.

PS: This "pod retirement thing" No one said it had to be a trio. As long as the star (you) is on board, you can make a duet work just fine. Pepsi is the straight man, you are the moneymaker, and TSIO website has needed content.

#weneedyou
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

haie said:

Agree with everything, I just hope the offense doesn't come out and shit their pants from here on out. It was good to see that Bryant and Gaskin are getting so many looks, while guys like Lenius are being filtered out until absolute garbage time.

Rewatching the game... Salvon is in and getting touches on the first drive. I don't remember him being involved that early yet this season. I bet he pops in one of the next couple games. Saw him lining up split out later on as well.

Love that the staff is slowly getting the young guys up to speed and implemented in the offense instead of rushing to play with their new toys. These guys will be major factors by the time November rolls around.
    Along those lines, Ty Jones took all of Lenius’s’s snaps, Lenius only came in in the fourth, Jones was rotating in on the first drive.
    I thought I saw him in as well but didn't know it was so early.

We're actually playing our good players! It's almost like the coaches have a plan and know what they're doing. Very encouraging.
  • Options
    SteveSuckisianSteveSuckisian Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

Agree with everything, I just hope the offense doesn't come out and shit their pants from here on out. It was good to see that Bryant and Gaskin are getting so many looks, while guys like Lenius are being filtered out until absolute garbage time.

Rewatching the game... Salvon is in and getting touches on the first drive. I don't remember him being involved that early yet this season. I bet he pops in one of the next couple games. Saw him lining up split out later on as well.

Love that the staff is slowly getting the young guys up to speed and implemented in the offense instead of rushing to play with their new toys. These guys will be major factors by the time November rolls around.
    Along those lines, Ty Jones took all of Lenius’s’s snaps, Lenius only came in in the fourth, Jones was rotating in on the first drive.
    I thought I saw him in as well but didn't know it was so early.

We're actually playing our good players! It's almost like the coaches have a plan and know what they're doing. Very encouraging.
    You mean Suckisian didn't have a plan ?