Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2017
    That sucks. I guess the waiting was the hardest part after the breakdown.

"We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support. "

RIP TP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1cm0QJ9MSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Had never seen him in concert. Saw that he was touring with the Heartbreakers this summer. Put it down mentally as "we should go to that". Closest show is in Baltimore. Grrrrr.

Weekend rolls around and we're like oh crap that's this weekend. Oh well didn't get tix, forget it.
    Kid has a friend invite her over for a sleepover so she goes over. Free evening, got to local bar with live music. Wife gets a reminder of Petty playing that night. We're like shit, I guess we can go. Check real quick on stubhub to see prices. Not thrilled but not insane.

Make decision of fuck it, lets go and deal with tix in the car. Make hour drive to Baltimore. Fuck the Beltway and fuck Maryland drivers.
    Wife does not like any of the tix on stubhub and keeps waiting for the prices to go down. At 7pm show time for opening act, stubhub shuts off sales. We're walking to the arena at this point.

She's freaking out and I'm like come on let's go to the ticket window. Walk up and say what's available. Lady says some section and we say what about some other section, then she sees there are front row tix in the arena seating (not floor seating) available close to the stage. Done. Get those. I guess they were held back or something.

Amazing show, so close to the stage and not in the mess on the floor. Tom needed singer help of course but they still put on an incredible show. And now even more glad we went. No family pics, fuck all of you forever.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He was the bridge from the 60's super groups to the next wave. The best thing I can say about him is that his first two albums sounded older than they were.

By the Waiting the 80's had taken hold.

Cool story on the HBO series about how Petty's sound engineer took up a romance with Stevie Nicks while working on her first solo album. She needed a single so the guy asks Tom if they can use Stop Dragging my Heart.

That single made her solo album over shadow his big Waiting album that was his first since he won his lawsuit against his label
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2017

He was the bridge from the 60's super groups to the next wave. The best thing I can say about him is that his first two albums sounded older than they were.

Cool story on the HBO series about how Petty's sound engineer took up a romance with Stevie Nicks while working on her first solo album. She needed a single so the guy asks Tom if they can use Stop Dragging my Heart.

That single made her solo album over shadow his big Waiting album that was his first since he won his lawsuit against his label

That was none other than Jimmy Iovine.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tom Petty was, with no questions, the best concert ever.

Mother fucker put on a show.

Only saw him once.

Fiddlers Green in Denver during the Wildflowers Tour.

It was fucking pouring.

He couldn't believe the audience wasn't leaving ... so he just kept doing encores.

Best show ever.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    whlinder said:

Had never seen him in concert. Saw that he was touring with the Heartbreakers this summer. Put it down mentally as "we should go to that". Closest show is in Baltimore. Grrrrr.

Weekend rolls around and we're like oh crap that's this weekend. Oh well didn't get tix, forget it.
    Kid has a friend invite her over for a sleepover so she goes over. Free evening, got to local bar with live music. Wife gets a reminder of Petty playing that night. We're like shit, I guess we can go. Check real quick on stubhub to see prices. Not thrilled but not insane.

Make decision of fuck it, lets go and deal with tix in the car. Make hour drive to Baltimore. Fuck the Beltway and fuck Maryland drivers.
    Wife does not like any of the tix on stubhub and keeps waiting for the prices to go down. At 7pm show time for opening act, stubhub shuts off sales. We're walking to the arena at this point.

She's freaking out and I'm like come on let's go to the ticket window. Walk up and say what's available. Lady says some section and we say what about some other section, then she sees there are front row tix in the arena seating (not floor seating) available close to the stage. Done. Get those. I guess they were held back or something.

Amazing show, so close to the stage and not in the mess on the floor. Tom needed singer help of course but they still put on an incredible show. And now even more glad we went. No family pics, fuck all of you forever.

He played the rose bowl golf course this year at pasadena's inaugural summer music fest on the same tour. His set started out crunch-groovy 80s, followed by a psychedelic 20-minute "It's Good to be King" and ending up with a half-hour of his electric guitar classics. He's an LA loving transplant like Race. He'd play every venue there was (Fonda Theater, and rose bowl golf course and Hollywood bowl at the end).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I saw Petty at the Gorge a few years ago ... thinking it must have been 2014

A tremendous show ...

It's a sad, sad day today
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,803
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The Determined Ones. Fucking great documentary.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Makes sense about Stevie Nicks. The only time I saw him she came out for a couple songs unannounced. However the sound man must have been distracted as it was the lowest volume concert that I’ve ever been to.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ