Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

National narrative is already shifting to the Pac 12 sucks

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,698
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Because USC lost to WSU. Rod Gilmore says UW wont get in because of their OOC schedule.

Gonna be great when Oklahoma loses to Iowa State.

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    As big of a UW homer I am I wouldn't put UW in right now. Go ahead, down vote me assholes.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Lose a game and we?re probably screwed.

Win out and it doesn't matter what the narrative is.

At the start of the year I thought the same thing. But after last night and tonight I don't believe that to be the case.

The Pac-12 sucks period end of story. Clemson and Bama are on a different level and even if they lose a game (it ain't happening but play along) they will still be ranked above us.

Penn State with the "last year we got screwed" narrative plus with their front runner for the Heisman RB I can see that being a 50/50 shot for them as well.

That leaves us and Oklahoma. Their win at Buckeye ville, plus the Big XII not being quite as shitty gives them a 35% chance of still getting in over us with 1 loss.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,698
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We are Boise State except if we all the rest of our games they have to give us the Natty.

Problem is Boise didnt play teams like Bama. Yeah they beat Oklahoma who Id compare to like Penn State last year...Bama is different
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2017

Our defense can play with anyone in the country. Our offense looks like shit at some points in time.

This is what happened last year against Bama. Our defense played really fucking good against them. The score didn't reflect the real vibe of the game (we were close to forcing jalen into throwing a pick among other things). The offense late in the first half gave up 7 running a stupid fucking play. Almost got a fumble in the 3rd that would of given our O field position on Alabama's 40. A chance to tie the game because we were moving the ball a little in the third. Alabama was starting most their drives practically mid field too.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gwad said:

Our defense can play with anyone in the country. Our offense looks like shit at some points in time.

This is what happened last year against Bama. Our defense played really fucking good against them. The score didn't reflect the real vibe of the game (we were close to forcing jalen into throwing a pick among other things). The offense late in the first half gave up 7 running a stupid fucking play. Almost got a fumble in the 3rd that would of given our O field position on Alabama's 40. A chance to tie the game because we were moving the ball a little in the third. Alabama was starting most their drives practically mid field too.
    Doog poast.

Doog poaster.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

Gwad said:

Doog poast.

Doog poaster.
    Ya i actually watched the game.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,667
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm glad that ESPN is finally realizing that the PAC 12 just exists to get UW ready for their playoff game against Oklahomo.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Came to post the same thing. Defense is good enough to win a natty. ST and offense though...
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Came to post the same thing. Defense is good enough to win a natty. ST and offense though...
    outside of kicking, our special teams is legit.