Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• "Ah, yes. It gets back to the crazies, the message board commenters of the world. The adults valiant enough to chastise teenage athletes on Twitter for not choosing our school, our team, our heritage, our tradition when, you know, things don’t go the way we (collective “we,” because they’re doing this on behalf of all of us, you see) would like."

That's not us you fucking clown.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

"Ah, yes. It gets back to the crazies, the message board commenters of the world. The adults valiant enough to chastise teenage athletes on Twitter for not choosing our school, our team, our heritage, our tradition when, you know, things don’t go the way we (collective “we,” because they’re doing this on behalf of all of us, you see) would like."

That's not us you fucking clown.

My first reaction as well. He obviously hasn't actually read anything poasted here, because this is the place that blames the coach for not getting the kid, not the kid for not choosing us.

Our collective mancrush on Myles Jack should settle that once and for all. It's the Doogman idiots that want to keep Sark that hate Jack.

• Chris November 21, 2013 at 3:59 pm
    Copypasta-ing my FB comment about this:

Here is my argument: Don James went 7-5, 8-3-1, 7-4-1, 6-5, 8-4, then went 10-2 followed by 12-0 and a National Championship. Had he dealt with fans calling for firings like they do now, and we got rid of him after 5 seasons of 7 or 8 wins, we would have had to start over with someone new and we would never be talking about our ’91 NC or the legend that was DJ.

Not every team can win 10+ games every year. Not every coach had to deal with a team that went 0-12 before he showed up. Sark has the worst of both worlds – extremely high expectations while basically building a team from the ground up. After 5 years I understand people want more, want better.

But do you really think the team this year is no better than the first 7-5 team he coached? I would say they are a hell of a lot better, this team might have beaten Oregon 3 years ago. This team is GOOD, but every other Pac team has gotten better than they used to be thanks to all the new Pac-12 Network money. This is Sark’s first year to show what he can do, to not deal with Willingham’s leftovers, and he isn’t blowing us away yet, but that doesn’t mean that he should only get this one chance.

If we end up having another disappointing finish, and have a bad season next year again then I will understand all the vitriol, and probably join in. But as it stands now, I support Sark and think he is a good coach. I appreciate that he has the moral compass to teach these kids, not just coach them to win at all costs, and that’s something that should matter at a quality institution like UW.

Another post that tries to compare James to Sark nevermind that James by then had proven he can win two Rose Bowls, coach in three Rose Bowls and had a #2 ranking in the nation very recently prior to that run.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Here was my favorite part of this steaming loaf of shit:

"Be the first to like this."
  • Akita is a joke though, he thinks that by riding Ryan Divish coat tails that he is part of the media. Guy is so insecure he always has to name drop Condooga, Divish, Aaron Levine, Puckett or Furness.

Will have tweets "Just so you know us media guys always crack jokes about you" when he isn't even media just runs a shitty fucking website.

Not a coincidence he went to UW during the Ty era so he falls into the typical category(Road Dawg, Fremont and College Doog escaped this) of just being thankful we aren't Ty. Has no clue what UW football was and should be.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    This UW team would beat Oregon 3 years ago? The team that just lost to a UCLA squad starting 81 true freshman along the offensive line? Would have beaten a Chip Kelly Oregon team? Chip Kelly? In the NFL, Chip Kelly? First place in his division, Chip Kelly? Making Nick Foles look like Peyton Manning, Chip Kelly? That Chip Kelly, would have lost to Steve Sarkisian? Get the fuck outta here.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    https://twitter.com/MarinersRants
    this is his alternate twitter. Fucking hippocrite
  • dhdawg said:

https://twitter.com/MarinersRants
    this is his alternate twitter. Fucking hippocrite

All Doogs like him think it's fine to rip on the Mariners but you are an awful fan for ripping on the Huskies.

They can't see that both are the same since 2003 and the parallels are pretty scary.

Like I said Akita is a wannabe. At least those other hacks have actually made it while his claim to fame is name dropping reporters and riding their coat tails. You have done well for yourself there Alex.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Me thinks what offends doogs more than anything when they hear the pack of Fire Sark hounds continue braying the same ol' howls...... is the fact that some if not a lot of us were unhappy, unimpressed, or simply pissed about the hiring of an offensive coordinator from USC with zero head coaching experience. Thinking at the time about the last UW hiring of a super-incompetent coming north from USC to fuckup Husky Football, was it possible that with Sark, we might be getting another Trojan Horse?

Think back to where we really were at the end of the 2008 season which so many Sark apologists like to do to justify his hiring and retention. During the previous five years, we watched and listened in disgust to the botched firing-hiring-firing-hiring-firing of Neuheisel-Gilby-Willingham respectively by the UW administrative clown act of Huntsman/Hedges-Emmert/Turner-Emmert/Woodward.

Who was not thinking or screaming "Please, may the gods of football help us from this never ending bullshit and bring us the head football coach that our football program desperately needs and deserves!" And what does Dr. Snakeoil do for us before running away to fuckup the NCAA? He makes AD-in-training Woodward the permanent savior of Husky Football and helps his former pool boy hire rookie head-coach-in-training Sarkisian. Some might of have had a glimmer of hope with the Willingham mistake finally gone, but wasn't Sark's hiring in 2008 for you just a "Fuck you in the ear-hole, Dawgfans" parting shot from Emmert? I know it was for me, but what do I know.

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    This fucking guy - jeezus, where to start?

Winning 8 games now does not equate to winning 8 then, with the pussified schedule team's play nowadays.

Conference record comparison please, you fucking cunt?

"This is Sark's first year to show what he can do?" Go die in a fucking fire.

Sark has a moral compass? Really?

When discussing Husky Sports, I feel like Alec fucking Baldwin. I hate our fucking fanbase and hate the pussies that have taken over Seattle. Perhaps I will move to Canada.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Now that is the definition of a spineless aspiring reporter right there. Does he even answer his own question in the headline? Takes quite a few paragraphs to basically say nothing and sit on the fence. Get some guts kid and take a stance

Is this what they are teaching Gen Y/Millennial journalism majors these days? Where are the Royal Broughams and Emmett Watsons of Seattle? Embarrassing

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I knew Akita at UW, he was a class ahead of me. He was also one of the better posters on the bball free boards (RIP)

Shame he went soft. Odd.
  • Gladstone said:

I knew Akita at UW, he was a class ahead of me. He was also one of the better posters on the bball free boards (RIP)

Shame he went soft. Odd.

It's about access. If you read his old shit like right here http://seattlesportsnet.com/2009/12/01/two-big-things-we-learned-from-the-apple-cup/ where he is getting on Locker for regressing throughout the season you would see he had a spine.

Now IMO I always thought Akita was kind of a joke but he was never a pussy. I noticed around 2011 he started to become buds with Furness, Puckett and Divish which changed him. Now he rolls with those guys and is always name dropping them. Shit he even name drops Kim in his twitter mentions and they hang out at the same social places now too.

He is trying to move up the only way he knows how which is by sucking UW's dick. If you are an aspiring media person in this town you can't be critical or you'll be squashed before you even begin.

But Akita is a Doog at heart though. Same guy who believed in the Justin Smoak hype and wrote a piece how Romar should be given a lifetime contract.

Basically Akita despite not even being media is a spineless pussy. I mean what's the point in running a blog if you are going to be a kiss ass? I thought blogs were for the free minded people? How are you going to distinguish yourself by repeating the same rhetoric that every other media guy spews?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I would think the opposite approach would be the way to make a name in the media. There are a lot of Kim's, Akita's, Brewer's, etc. The media is missing someone who calls it how they see it and isn't afraid of upsetting pussified Seattleites.

The only member of the media who did/does this is Baker with the Mariners, but he's basically AuburnDoog. He talks some shit and is hard on the Mariners during their losing streaks, but has renewed optimism and sucks their dick the second they go on a three game winning streak or a new season begins.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Yeah you are right, it is all sycophantic bullshit I am sure. It would be nice if he found his balls and took the opposite approach. Alas. I will not be visiting SSN again.
  • RoadDawg, you are right guys like Akita or even Kim would make a much bigger name if they weren't like well us but if they were balanced.

However, Akita has become the Kim of this new generation. He wants to be in the "in" crowd. It's why he is always name dropping. Seriously spend like one day looking at his twitter or facebook and you'll see him name drop at least one media member.

His GF who is a former Seahawks cheerleader does the same thing. She always loves to bring up how athletes PM'd her hitting on her, how Seahawks used to send her dick pics, etc. Even referred to herself as "hot" saying "hot girls and athletes don't mix well". They really are a pathetic perfect couple.

Some people in life just want to be famous no matter what. Even if they have to give up their integrity and self respect in the process of doing it.

I'd say Akita is the closest guy to a Kim Grinolds that I can think of. Just wants to be in the "in crowd" and quite frankly doesn't really give a fuck if UW sports is good or shitty as long as can hear cool stories he's good.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

RoadDawg, you are right guys like Akita or even Kim would make a much bigger name if they weren't like well us but if they were balanced.

However, Akita has become the Kim of this new generation. He wants to be in the "in" crowd. It's why he is always name dropping. Seriously spend like one day looking at his twitter or facebook and you'll see him name drop at least one media member.

His GF who is a former Seahawks cheerleader does the same thing. She always loves to bring up how athletes PM'd her hitting on her, how Seahawks used to send her dick pics, etc. Even referred to herself as "hot" saying "hot girls and athletes don't mix well". They really are a pathetic perfect couple.

Some people in life just want to be famous no matter what. Even if they have to give up their integrity and self respect in the process of doing it.

I'd say Akita is the closest guy to a Kim Grinolds that I can think of. Just wants to be in the "in crowd" and quite frankly doesn't really give a fuck if UW sports is good or shitty as long as can hear cool stories he's good.

Was one of them Ken Lucas? He's packing heat. I've heard.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

If I aspired to run in a social circle with Kim, Ryan Divish, Ian Furness, etc. I'd hope one of you would kill me first.

I would.