Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adrian Peterson's comments

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,979
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
It's been a week since Peterson said in an interview that he didn't believe in gay marriage. But there's no media outrage or groups threatening to sue the NFL.

Now imagine if Tebow had said it....

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's funny to me if someone holds a belief that gay marriage is wrong they are treated like they just killed a puppy. The person didnt actually do anything, just expressed and opinion. But the tolerant left crowd can't tolerate someone holding a varying opinion.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's funny to me if someone holds a belief that gay marriage is wrong they are treated like they just killed a puppy. The person didnt actually do anything, just expressed and opinion. But the tolerant left crowd can't tolerate someone holding a varying opinion.

Quit beating a dead horse. This has been discussed over and over. If it happens again, you'll be given a timeout.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2013
    The PC shit in this country has gone way too far. I'm all for gay marriage. Whatever people want to do is fine with me, but the sensitivity has gotten ridiculous.

At the other end, people should be able to have whatever opinion they want on the matter. Good for Peterson for giving his opinion. Whatever happened to free speech?

Roy Hibbert got fined $75,000 for saying "no homo." There was nothing hateful about it, and it is a popular reference in rap music and pop culture. It's a lot different than calling someone butt pirate or faggot.

I couldn't believe how many comments there were on espn.com saying Hibbert should be suspended for game 7, which is being played tomorrow. It's fucking pathetic. I guarantee Stern and the NBA will make it nearly impossible for the Pacers to win game 7. They can't have a team with a homophobic guy in the Finals.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

It's been a week since Peterson said in an interview that he didn't believe in gay marriage. But there's no media outrage or groups threatening to sue the NFL.

Now imagine if Tebow had said it.

Maybe someone could write a book about the underlying issue vis-a-vie how this issue resulted in the hiring and retaining of a certain coach well beyond the time it was obvious he had to go and how that issue aided in the destruction of a once proud football program.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Maybe someone could write a book about the underlying issue vis-a-vie how this issue resulted in the hiring and retaining of a certain coach well beyond the time it was obvious he had to go and how that issue aided in the destruction of a once proud football program.
    That idea sounds like a racist money grab.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

You can't tolerate intolerance.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

The PC shit in this country has gone way too far. I'm all for gay marriage. Whatever people want to do is fine with me, but the sensitivity has gotten ridiculous.

At the other end, people should be able to have whatever opinion they want on the matter. Good for Peterson for giving his opinion. Whatever happened to free speech?

Roy Hibbert got fined $75,000 for saying "no homo." There was nothing hateful about it, and it is a popular reference in rap music and pop culture. It's a lot different than calling someone butt pirate or faggot.

I couldn't believe how many comments there were on espn.com saying Hibbert should be suspended for game 7, which is being played tomorrow. It's fucking pathetic. I guarantee Stern and the NBA will make it nearly impossible for the Pacers to win game 7. They can't have a team with a homophobic guy in the Finals.

Being critical of comments someone makes has nothing to do with free speech. Peterson has every right to say what he thinks but everyone else has the right to point out what an idiot he is for holding that opinion.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

That idea sounds like a racist cathartic money grab.

I'm hearing that former players might be interested in contributing their point of view and that the former coach might not like what they have to say. This could be a way to shed some light on the perils of misguided support based on factors other than performance and at the same time provide an outlet for the poor bastards who suffered most from that misguided support. If the author makes a buck or two, good for him (or her :) ). Sounds like a win-win.
  • Options
    Founders Club

That idea sounds like a racist cathartic money grab.

I'm hearing that former players might be interested in contributing their point of view and that the former coach might not like what they have to say. This could be a way to shed some light on the perils of misguided support based on factors other than performance and at the same time provide an outlet for the poor bastards who suffered most from that misguided support. If the author makes a buck or two, good for him (or her :) ). Sounds like a win-win.
    FREE CHAMBERS!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    $75,000 for "no homo" is hilarious.

Our world has lost it's damn mind.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam

$75,000 for "no homo" is hilarious.

Our world has lost it's damn mind.