Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Meyer with a dig at Tom Herman about blaming players

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Love it. 100% spot-on. Meyer would make a fine HHB.
"C'mon man. I don't know where that came from," Meyer told CBS Sports. "It's like a new generation of excuse. [Herman] said, 'I can't rub pixie dust on this thing.' He got a dose of reality"

"The full quote by Herman in Saturday's postgame: "If we all thought that we were going to come in here and in nine months sprinkle some fairy dust on this team and think that we've arrived then we're wrong."
"Players read that," Meyer continued."

Herman replaced Strong at Texas. Strong was an assistant for four Florida coaches, including Meyer from 2005-09, when he led a dominant defense that helped the program win two national championships.
It's not clear if Muschamp ever directly suggested the cupboard was bare when he took over for Meyer. However, at the time of his Florida firing in 2014, Muschamp told CBS Sports, "[We] changed the culture of the program that was labeled by the previous head coach [Meyer] as 'broken.' He said it. I didn't."

Meyer saw 14 of his recruits selected in the three drafts after his departure following the 2010 season.
"You had Jeff Driskel, Chris Rainey, Jeff Demps, that whole defense got drafted," Meyer pointed out.
Rainey was selected in the fifth round in 2012. Demps went undrafted but played briefly in the NFL. Both were tailbacks. Seven Meyer-recruited Florida defenders were drafted from 2011-13.
Driskel, a quarterback, was recruited by Meyer and signed in Muschamp's first recruiting class.

"That's like, when I got here, everybody wanted me to say Jim Tressel left the cupboard bare," Meyer continued. "If I heard any assistant coach [say that], they'd be gone. You're done.
"Those are your players. I hear TV guys [say], 'Wait until they get their own players in there.' They're our players. What do you mean 'their players?' The minute you sign a contract, they're your players.
"You didn't choose me, I chose you. You're mine, absolutely. I love you, and I'm going to kick the shit out of you, and we're going to do it right …
"[Blaming players] drives me insane."

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sark believed this. He turned around willinghams mess on day one.

Peterman struggling without Sark recruits.

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

"The full quote by Herman in Saturday's postgame: "If we all thought that we were going to come in here and in nine months sprinkle some fairy dust on this team and think that we've arrived we could keep maryland from hangin half a hundred on us then we're wrong."

this fuckin guy.

enjoy your coaching search in 3 years hoorns.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love a good dumpster fire, especially when it involves a major football program.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I love a good dumpster fire, especially when it involves a major football program.

Agreed. Texas has no fucking excuse.
    Of pretty much every team not named Florida State.

I have a sneaking suspicion some weirdness is gonna go on at usc this year and next.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agreed. Texas has no fucking excuse.
    Of pretty much every team not named Florida State.

I have a sneaking suspicion some weirdness is gonna go on at usc this year and next.
    USC is the rightful power of the PAC 12. Every year they live up to the preseason hype and are in the hunt until the very end. They are the premier program of the PAC 12 with countless titles won on the field, and always distinguish themselves as superior in every way. They are really too good for this conference and should be granted honorary membership in the SEC.
    Good post but you sound green with envy duck FAN