Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Offense (ive) thoughts from game

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Start with the happy ones:

TE: Sample was really good downfield catching passes and getting Open. If we can get that production every game out of the TE's yummy yummy for my tummy

RB: Lavon danced too much and looked slow. I would lose my male virginity to Gaskin. He is so patient on his runs. If he's added the ability to catch out of the backfield 3-4 times a game praise allah

in the LIPO camp:

OL was physically beat in the first half. Once we picked up tempo, and gave our AA level back more than two touches like we did the first half, we were better. I still believe we have enough pieces up front (including Dissly dawg and Sample) to be successful pounding the rock against the crappy defenses most of the Pac-12 have.

QB: Jake took a shot that when it happened I thought killed him, broke multiple bones in his body, would have a season ending concussion in that order. To his credit he got up and shook it off. Throwing off his back foot equals no Bueno.

TSIO guys have been on him brownsocking when there is game pressure on him for over a year, and last night Ecklund from Dawgman mentioned it during the game for the first time over there as far as I know. My initial reaction was wow he wouldn't come out and say it without someone in the program mentioning it (a coach) to him, but he said it's been a issue with Jake since high school so now I'm not so sure.

It will be up to Smith and Peterson to factor that into the game plan as we go forward, and that's why the easier completions we can get from the te and rb groups will be so important going forward

Frowny face:

WR: Pettis is money, and after that we have a bunch of smurf jags. Chico will get you 2-4 catches a game but he is always going to be a complimentary slot receiver. If our "big" wr package consists of one target and completion to Lenius, then for fucks sake don't burn Jones redshirt. Not worth it.

It was obvious Pete was not happy after the game and during his press conf. with our OL getting physically beat in the first half. Me's suspect it won't be an enjoyable week of practice for the big uglies.

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Sample looks like he has good hands, but he's a pussy after making the catch - he's obviously scared of taking a big hit and slows down in a guarded, hunched-over pose after making the catch. He needs to stop that crap and run full speed and make big plays AFTER the catch. He's not going to score many TDs running slow and guarded. He's a big boy, he doesn't need to worry about the big hit.

Lavon needs to run mostly outside, he doesn't have the evasive moves that Gaskin has inside.

Baccelia plays a bit too small, I'd like to see a taller WR in there, even if slower. Aaron Fuller had some weak moments last night, he needs to step things up or go to 3rd string.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    biak1 said:

priapism said:

Sample looks like he has good hands, but he's a pussy after making the catch - he's obviously scared of taking a big hit and slows down in a guarded, hunched-over pose after making the catch. He needs to stop that crap and run full speed and make big plays AFTER the catch. He's not going to score many TDs running slow and guarded. He's a big boy, he doesn't need to worry about the big hit.

Lavon needs to run mostly outside, he doesn't have the evasive moves that Gaskin has inside.

Baccelia plays a bit too small, I'd like to see a taller WR in there, even if slower. Aaron Fuller had some weak moments last night, he needs to step things up or go to 3rd string.

I see Sample as more being about ball control than being a pussy. Like Pete would castrate him and savage his mother if he fumbled the ball.
    Bingo. That's exactly what he was doing: protecting the football.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2017
    Why was Coleman lining up so deep? I thought he was a lot closer to the LOs last year
    And Fuck you SmithFS. More passes to our TE's white and black because our receivers are pusssys
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    koopdog said:

haie said:

Let's over-analyze a scrimmage

So you and @TierbsHsotBoobs are fucking now?
    We've been fucking (with Harv) for a long time. Try to keep up.