Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dawg Defensive Line controlled the line of scrimmage

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2017
    rutgers (fucking rutgers) averaged 4 yards per play and had 131 yards rushing. Moreover, they ate up a ton of clock.

I guess my standards are a little bit higher.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2017
    On offense UW wasn't prepared for a stout Rutgers DL. On defense, UW didn't tackle for shit, particularly the LBs and DBs. Can we all agree that Budda was one of the best husky tacklers of all time and we miss the shit out of him back there? The youngsters played pretty well, otherwise, covered pretty well, and broke on the ball at the right times. If not for a frosh DB tripping at the goal line, Rutgers only scores 7. A lot of the defensive stuff on the back end will improve, but it takes maturity to learn to wrap up first, instead of trying to kill guys Earl Thomas style with bone-crushing shoulder hits that only succeed 50% of the time.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

I agree they could have done much better but this is bullshit.
    Maybe not on the majority of them but on a lot of the 3rd and shorts that Rutgers attempted to run they got nothing.

That was Jerry Kill being an idiot. Edwards was averaging like 6 yards a carry, but every 3rd & short they would run that other little guy out there to lose two yards.

Rutgers is a prime example of why there should only be 5 FBS teams max. There just isn't the coaching talent at that level to compete. I look back to when it was 10-7 and Rutgers had 4th & 1 from the UW 40 and they punt it away. You're a 30 point underdog at home. Why the fuck would you punt there?

The second you stop trying to win as a coach your players stop playing to win. Then you throw in those multiple roster blunders at key points. A program like Rutgers is a coach that has no business being an FBS head coach trying to keep his seven figure job as long as he can. Trying to lose by less instead of trying to win shouldn't be rewarded.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    Oh, and BBK has no arm strength, at all, as we saw from his multiple unsuccessful attempts to claw down the Rutgers RBs from aside or behind, resulting in 7 yard gains, 5 yards after BBK Contact.

I think that's a stat we should keep: YABBKC.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Can we all agree that Budda was one of the best husky tacklers of all time and we miss the shit out of him back there?

Absolutely.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,726
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It's all relative considering we play a 2-4-5 on defense. I get that lineup in the Pac 12 but when you have a team that is bigger than you, and they are running the ball down your throat, how do you not put another 1 or 2 guys back on the line? Everyone who wants to talk about Babushka getting cute should say the same shit about Kwietkowski(sp?). We ran that shit against Alabama and it was pathetic. They had Psalm as a 230 pound edge player and Alabama would run at him 2-3 times in a row because they knew we couldn't set the edge. Play to your fucking strengths... our strength on D is our D-Line depth.

Rutgers averaged liked 3.1 yards per carry ...

Your understanding of our defense and performance makes you suited to be a supporter of Gary Andersen ... what do you say @89ute
    Sure if you include the sack.

Also they had a bunch of carries from their own 1 where we knew they were running and sold out to stop it.

Both their RBs had their moments tearing through the front 7.
    The equivalent of getting salty on the "if you remove the 75 yard fly sweep TD when up 24 the ypc allowed was 3.2" line of thinking
    Yeah it's not though I am looking at all of the information not being selective to make a point.

And including sacks is bullshit.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2017
    Lots of PT in critical moments? Levi is going to be a stud. Murphy is a star.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    It's not an overreaction to say UW very well may be mediocre this year. Rutgers is not good. No way around it.
  • Options

tvoie said:

It's not an overreaction to say UW very well may be mediocre this year. Rutgers is not good. No way around it.

About as fucking mediocre as they were last year after beating Arizona.
    LIPO
    Arizona is horrible!
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    tvoie said:

tvoie said:

LIPO
    Arizona is horrible!
    No shit
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    tvoie said:

tvoie said:

LIPO
    Arizona is horrible!
    That's the fucking point
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,234
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sometimes shitty teams look terrific beating other shitty teams. Sometimes good or great teams look shitty beating shitty teams. Same as it ever was. I've got a hard time believing we are going to be shitty at all the positions that looked shitty yesterday once league play starts.
  • Options

tvoie said:

tvoie said:

LIPO
    Arizona is horrible!
    No shit
    I am an idiot. I thought you were taking about Rutgers. Point taken.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It's all relative considering we play a 2-4-5 on defense. I get that lineup in the Pac 12 but when you have a team that is bigger than you, and they are running the ball down your throat, how do you not put another 1 or 2 guys back on the line? Everyone who wants to talk about Babushka getting cute should say the same shit about Kwietkowski(sp?). We ran that shit against Alabama and it was pathetic. They had Psalm as a 230 pound edge player and Alabama would run at him 2-3 times in a row because they knew we couldn't set the edge. Play to your fucking strengths... our strength on D is our D-Line depth.

Rutgers averaged liked 3.1 yards per carry ...

Your understanding of our defense and performance makes you suited to be a supporter of Gary Andersen ... what do you say @89ute
    Sure if you include the sack.

Also they had a bunch of carries from their own 1 where we knew they were running and sold out to stop it.

Both their RBs had their moments tearing through the front 7.
    The equivalent of getting salty on the "if you remove the 75 yard fly sweep TD when up 24 the ypc allowed was 3.2" line of thinking
    Yeah it's not though I am looking at all of the information not being selective to make a point.

And including sacks is bullshit.
    We had 1 sack ... it's a massive over reaction to act like it skewed the numbers significantly
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    tvoie said:

It's an overreaction
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

@Tequilla .... could Pete actually be smarter than all of us HHBs??? Maybe he don't wanna win Spring or Fall practice and he pre judged the opposition and thought it was wise not to hit in practice and limit live action. No one came out of practice seriously hurt. We have seen the defense and offensive lines get better through the season. Maybe Pete wasn't concerned about the point spread

Very fair line of thinking ...

We know that Pete likes using these preseason games as preseason games ...

There's a lot of over reaction to last night to me ... the reality is that we won't really have much to get too bent out of shape about until we play Colorado ... just like at Arizona last year.

The only real concern I had yesterday was Browning back footing a lot of throws ... you can't play QB at a high level doing that
    This is what I hope is true, that Pete had a few goals going into the game:

-get a win
    -get the new guys some experience
    -no injuries
    -don't give away too much of the offense