Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2014 OOC Schedule

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
Has there ever been a better opening schedule in Washington history (to break in a new a head coach and system)?

Comments

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

or to prop up an existing failure?

As I've posted before, I think the early road trip to Hawaii will be a supreme challenge for Sark given his poor road record. Hawaii hasn't done much of anything recently (they are winless in 2013), but that can change quickly. Hawaii is always a trap for mediocre football programs that don't know how to travel.

The 2014 Husky Football schedule is the weakest and wimpiest I've ever seen in my 50 years of UW football fanaticism. Cupcake Woody should be congratulated for returning us to the glory days of Gil Dobie and OOC schedules that included the Ballard Meteors, Washington Park A.C, Gonzaga, and Whitman. I can understand now why AD Woodward wanted to downsize the new Husky Stadium, but why not just move back to Denny Field and erect some bleachers ? I'll bring the Salty Dawgs if you'll bring the blanket and cookies.

By-the-way, we couldn't find a single cookie for sale in the new Husky Stadium. However, there's a kiosk serving cupcakes for (I think)$4 each located on the 100 level concourse just above the student section. It might be operated by The Oregon Way,... for those doogs truly into cupcake football.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited November 2013
    I can't wait to see the level of doogery we'll see after the 4-0 start. It is going to be epic!!!

This administration is much smarter than any of you give them credit for.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Man. 2014 is shaping up to be thr most successful season in husky history since 1991.

That is sweet. The offense is really taking off and we get Stanford, ASU and UCLA at home.

Smells like extension time!!

I totally agree. It's such a good idea, I'll see if I can get some of our boosters to help with his raise. It would be a great way to supplant our foothold in the Washington recruiting front.
  • I can't wait to see the level of doogery we'll see after the 4-0 start. It is going to be epic!!!

This administration is much smarter than any of you give them credit for.

"Why can't you guys just be happy with 4-0?!" even though we were 4-0 this year and accomplished jack shit.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    There's a lot of time over on the islands for Sark and Nansen to have some "Dude bra" moments
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    the script for excuses is already prepared. If we start 4-0, 5-0, the dodging out with be at a fever pitch. If any of these games are losses, the built in excuse is already obvious in that "we're breaking in a brand new QB who has zero career starts; you can't expect to be successful with a brand new QB."
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991

HWSNBN would have loved it.
  • or to prop up an existing failure?

Take that He who shall not be named Doog bullshit back to Doogman!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

HWSNBN does not belong here.

Neither do you.