Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shitty Player Countdown: Day 10

13»

Comments

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ray Horton is the all-time greatest Husky to wear #10. And it's not close.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Ray Horton is the all-time greatest Husky to wear #10. And it's not close.

Agreed!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I definitely lament the lack of coaching and guidance Jake received. Fucking Tebow kicked ass in college and his mechanics are awful. Granted he had elite talent around him. Jake could have really done something if UW had taken football seriously ten years ago.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I definitely lament the lack of coaching and guidance Jake received. Fucking Tebow kicked ass in college and his mechanics are awful. Granted he had elite talent around him. Jake could have really done something if UW had taken football seriously ten years ago.

Doogs love hypotheticals.
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Locker was a likeable dumbass. He would have definitely been better suited as a defensive player. I'll admit that at the time the Locker-to-safety debate was going on on doogman, I didn't get it. But, it didn't take long for me to change my mind.

I never understood the safety thing. If he was going to play defense he would have been a LB. But he was too fragile to last at either of those positions so irregardless it's a moot poont.
    *mute.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Less than zero percent chance Petersen ever lets Lockner take a snap
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam

Less than zero percent chance Petersen ever lets Lockner take a snap
    We had a real life laboratory named Lindy who would have been a 4 year starter under Ty or Sark
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Saracen said:

I feel like there's some recency bias going on here. Thus I submit:

This is who I was trying to remember! I knew someone I hated wore 10 back in the day.
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club
    Saracen said:

Saracen said:

This is who I was trying to remember! I knew someone I hated wore 10 back in the day.
    Not many were as good at providing uncontested catches or getting beat on a route and not having the closing burst to recover as Scott Greenlaw, of the Eastside sub-prime mortgages Greenlaws*

* ™ @AEB
    I'm glad one person gets that abortion missed opportunity .
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2017
    Doesn't anyone have a gif of Timu whiffing on a jailbreak sack or dropping a pick 6 that softly bounces off his hands (followed by repeated pounding of fists on the turf)?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Doesn't anyone have a gif of Timu whiffing on a jailbreak sack or dropping a pick 6 that softly bounces off his hands (followed by repeated pounding of fists on the turf)?

I looked, couldn't find anything. I blame @GrundleStiltzkin.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Saracen said:

Saracen said:

Not many were as good at providing uncontested catches or getting beat on a route and not having the closing burst to recover as Scott Greenlaw, of the Eastside sub-prime mortgages Greenlaws*

* ™ @AEB
    ------------

I was at a tailgate with that guy at the hight of his mortgage company's fame and he was talking about building a sky scraper in downtown Seattle. So I asked him how he was going to go from a mortgage guy to a real estate developer. His answer?

"Because I'm the shit."

Eight months later the refi market dried up and the company imploded.

It was obvious he thought Boiler Room was aspirational and not cautionary.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Saracen said:

Saracen said:

* ™ @AEB
    ------------

I was at a tailgate with that guy at the hight of his mortgage company's fame and he was talking about building a sky scraper in downtown Seattle. So I asked him how he was going to go from a mortgage guy to a real estate developer. His answer?

"Because I'm the shit."

Eight months later the refi market dried up and the company imploded.

It was obvious he thought Boiler Room was aspirational and not cautionary.
    I definitely had 2 bosses who made us watch boiler room.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

I looked, couldn't find anything. I blame @GrundleStiltzkin.
    Skrong policy