Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Observation

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I drove past this park a couple of times in July. They apparently practice youth football in July when it's 100 degrees. The players were at least 40% black kids, probably 50 or 60 percent. The city is maybe five percent black.

White parents are making their kids play shit like lacrosse and soccer instead of football.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I drove past this park a couple of times in July. They apparently practice youth football in July when it's 100 degrees. The players were at least 40% black kids, probably 50 or 60 percent. The city is maybe five percent black.

White parents are making their kids play shit like lacrosse and soccer instead of football.

On the east side, cricket is also an option.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Such Fag J isn't here to defend the honor of divegrass
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    Founders Club

My kids will never make the pros in any sport that black people know about and aren't afraid of.

We will stick to hockey, swimming, golf, lacrosse, and polo. And will have to look into cricket as well- TYFYS AtomicDawg.

Jim Brown was the greatest lacrosse player of all time.
    I think you mean Jim Thorpe.

@Swaye! True??
    This. Fucking Jim Brown? Jesus. A black man getting a native sport trophy? That will be the day.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

My kids will never make the pros in any sport that black people know about and aren't afraid of.

We will stick to hockey, swimming, golf, lacrosse, and polo. And will have to look into cricket as well- TYFYS AtomicDawg.

Jim Brown was the greatest lacrosse player of all time.
    I think you mean Jim Thorpe.

@Swaye! True??
    One of our favorite role plays is the presentation of the Jim Thorpe award. Really gets that red blood flowing. We change things up, sometimes @Swaye gets the trophy, sometimes I do. Either way, we both always win.
    This is all true.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

whlinder said:

If anyone cared about soccer players they'd find they fuck their heads up a lot. Since they are always faking injuries no can tell when it's serious

Girl's soccer has the 2nd highest rate of concussions for HS sports after football.

It's awful coaching middle school rec soccer. None of them are ever going to make a dime in soccer and maybe 1 or 2 might get a sniff at an athletic scholarship.
    Girls are nasty and don't eff around. Elbows, pushing, etc. Refs are clueless/lazy so I have to coach them to make sure they give out more shit than they take.

But if they show any signs of a concussion, they are no warning, just gone from the game. It's not worth possibly messing with their long term well being over something as insignificant as rec soccer.
    You know why

@89Ute, true?!?!?!!?!!!?
    Oregon gotta oregon.