Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"It takes time" vs facts

chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
It takes time. We keep hearing it over and over. It's the last refuge of doog scoundrels. So I did a little experiment and looked at the top-25 teams (AP). Then I looked at the tenure of the head coaches. Take a look:

1. Alabama. Saban. 7th.
2. Florida State. FIscher. 3rd.
3. Baylor (9-0). Briles. 6th.
4. Ohio State (10-0). 2nd. (weird circumstances, not super on-point)
5. Oregon (9-1). Helfrich. 1st
6. Auburn (10-1), Malzahn. 1st
7. Clemson (9-1). Swinney. 5.5
8. Missouri (9-1). 181st.
9. Texas A&M (8-2). 3rd.
10. Stanford (8-2). 3rd
11. Oklahoma State (9-1). Gundy. 9th.
12. South Carolina (8-2). Spurrier. 9th.
13. Michigan State (9-1). Dantonio. 7th.
14. UCLA (8-2). Mora. 2nd.
15. Fresno State (9-0). DeRuyter. 2nd
16. Wisconsin (8-2). Anderson. 1st
17. UCF (8-1). O'leary. 10th.
18. LSU (7-3). Miles. 9th.
19. Arizona State (8-2). Graham. 2nd
20. Northern Illinois (10-0). Carey. 2nd
21. Louisville (9-1). Strong. 4th
22. Oklahoma (8-2). Stoops. 15th.
23. USC (8-3). Orgeron. 1st
24. Ole Miss (7-3). Freeze. 2nd
25. Duke (8-2). Cutcliffe. 6th.

14 are in their 4th year or less. More than half of the top-25 is having success with newly tenured coaches! And that includes football powerhouses like Louisville and Ole Miss and NIU.

But UW could never pull off such a feat. Sark deserves year 6.

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Did you read the JS's letter from Young's lackey?

You have no idea the depths of this program when Sark got here. NONE of those guys had to deal with that
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,595 Swaye's Wigwam
    We should have fired Sark last year and hired Gary Anderson.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    edited November 2013
    Great work. Choices:

1. Mora
    2. DeRuyter
    3. Orgeron
    4. Graham
    5. Dantonio
    6. Craig Bohl
    edited November 2013

Great work. Choices:

1. Mora
    2. DeRuyter
    3. Orgeron
    4. Graham
    5. Dantonio

Get the fuck off of this site already.
    We'll see. If Haden doesn't hire him, somebody else in the Pac-12 will. If for no other reason, his recruiting contacts.

I see the Kim rules apply here also? If you don't suck up to the bored opinion, you get personal attacks?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Great work. Choices:

1. Mora
    2. DeRuyter
    3. Orgeron
    4. Graham
    5. Dantonio

We'll see. If Haden doesn't hire him, somebody else in the Pac-12 will. If for no other reason, his recruiting contacts.

I see the Kim rules apply here also? If you don't suck up to the bored opinion, you get personal attacks?
    GTFO millcreekcoog

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Great work. Choices:

1. Mora
    2. DeRuyter
    3. Orgeron
    4. Graham
    5. Dantonio

Everyone gets personal attacks here.

If you can't handle it, LEAVE!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    where did you guys find Hugh's missing nerd machine?
  • Good stat and even misleading towards the "it takes time crowd" as it includes guys like Saban who turned Bama around in only year two.

If you have a great coach then you damn well make sure he never leaves. If he is an average coach which is what we have then he needs to go.
    Question: Are all General threads also listed on the Hardcore Bored? It's a bit confusing.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Good stat and even misleading towards the "it takes time crowd" as it includes guys like Saban who turned Bama around in only year two.

If you have a great coach then you damn well make sure he never leaves. If he is an average coach which is what we have then he needs to go.

Great point.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    "Yeah but none of these teams were 0-12"
  • Cutcliffe shows that it takes 6 years to win 8+ games at FUCKING DUKE (there's an outside chance they win 10 this season).

Doogs are pretty happy if Sark wins just 8 in Year 5 at FUCKING WASHINGTON

• loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    edited November 2013
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry anymore with numbers and evidence that is increasing by the day and more convincing to anyone who isn't a doog or involved in the AD or upper campus. Thanks for ruining my Saturdays in the fall for the last decade. If you can put a winner in place to coach the soccer, volleyball, cross country, and softball teams, then why in the fuck do you neglect the golden goose of them all?
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    Excellent assemblage of statistics. However, none of these programs experienced the "damage that Ty did". So by doog logic, these facts are irrelevant.

Which happens to be the #1 problem with doogs...facts are simply irrelevant to them.