Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keep making your logical arguments

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Not only is Kim Grinolds obsessing over this message board, but the UW athletic department is also monitoring it.

It's time for Sark to go. Maintain the debate, drenched in HHB wit.

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,136
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    But we just landed a 5 star recruit!! We have to keep Sark so we get this guy!

(Dear UW people reading this, that's sarcasm.)
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,085
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Do we have it on good authority that Kimmy is obsessing and the AD is monitoring?

Maybe both the aforementioned parties should realize that with all the traffic this place is producing, perhaps we aren't the lunatic 1% they claim we are.

Fire Sark.
  • Options
    I prefer emotional mobilization

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,947
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    wow, we must be really special
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

wow, we must be really special

2013 special?

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Fetters pulled out the whole "talking about a coaching change on the message board hurts recruiting more than losing games" argument yesterday. What a bunch of idiots.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Stanford was turned around to a BCS bowl team in four years. Washington has been stuck in neutral the past four years.

#SimpleFact
    #FireWoodward
    #FireSark
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    They're only here for the NBA talk.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    There have been a couple halfway decent letters to Poolboy posted here. Let's vote on the best one/edit it, improve it, and pin it. People can then download and email it, fax it, or snail mail it from my brother-in-law's Madison Park address.

Who's with me
  • Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2013
    tracker said:

Would you tolerate an average lawyer in charge of the law school?

We certainly do NOT have an average lawyer running the Law School. Kellye Testy is the foremost authority on LGBT Rights Law in the United States. She chaired the Search Committee that hired UW President Michael Young. She is an avid Husky Women's Basketball, and Softball fan and would certainly be on the Search Committee if we ever hired a replacement for Woodward.

At Seattle U Law School, she was instrumental in getting LGBT Law on the curriculum, while dropping anti-trust and maritime law. (Why would attorneys be interested in that, when MicroSoft was in one of the biggest anti-trust cases in history, and we don't have a Port in Puget Sound?)

Let's hope that nobody has any personal agendas about the Graves Building. That just is NOT allowed on a college campus.

So, we're being monitored? Let's all step it up a notch, shall we?

papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=965787

Dean Kellye Testy, Esq.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    IMO candidates for a UW head coach should have the following on their resume:

1) History of success as a head coach.
    2) Experience as an assistant or coordinator under an elite coach and at a top tier program or an NFL team.

I do not think those are unreasonable.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

2) Experience as an assistant or coordinator under an elite coach and at a top tier program or an NFL team.

I agree with #1 but don't give a flying fuck about #2. I'd change #2 as has demonstrated to be a successful coordinator at other schools.

I like Tim DeRuyter not only because of his head coaching W-L but also because every school he has coached at as a DC he improved them over night. These weren't your stacked programs like Sark/Kiffin had USC either.

In fact as a past coordinator I'd rather the coach have coached at a school where he had success but at a school where he didn't have the best talent week in and week out like Sark/Kiffin/Holt/Chow did while at USC.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Your argument is sound, #1 is far more important than #2. DeRuyter was the DC at A&M too so he had a taste of big-time football from recruiting/media/limelight standpoints. I guess it isn't a game-changer to have but it certainly helps in adapting.
  • Options
    death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

I agree with #1 but don't give a flying fuck about #2. I'd change #2 as has demonstrated to be a successful coordinator at other schools.

I like Tim DeRuyter not only because of his head coaching W-L but also because every school he has coached at as a DC he improved them over night. These weren't your stacked programs like Sark/Kiffin had USC either.

In fact as a past coordinator I'd rather the coach have coached at a school where he had success but at a school where he didn't have the best talent week in and week out like Sark/Kiffin/Holt/Chow did while at USC.
    I couldn't agree more. Taking the same players and getting a better result could only be a result of improved coaching. Obviously, Sark is better than the worst coach in the history of college football, and the players were motivated by any new coach. I also like DeRuyter, but Mora is from the Don James coaching tree. Mora #1, DeRuyter #2.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I bet Scott enjoys the COTW.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I bet Scott enjoys the COTW.

I think Scott would prefer the Bear of the Week.