Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jalen Hurt picked as first team All_$EC qb

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

What a fucking joke!

Their best qbs since the Mannings are what, Ryan Tannehill (oh no, he doesn't even count!), sCam Newton, Jay Cutler maybe?

Don't bring up Gack Prescott...probably a one hit wonder...

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2017
    I like how you count Bledsoe but not Brunell even though they were in the same draft.

You're overrating sine if the SEC guys and underrating some of the PAC guys, but your overall point is solid. The PAC has not produced superior QBs to the SEC the past couple decades.

That said, current PAC QBs >>>>>> current SEC QBs.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

I like how you count Bledsoe but not Brunell even though they were in the same draft.

You're overrating sine if the SEC guys and underrating some of the PAC guys, but your overall point is solid. The PAC has not produced superior QBs to the SEC the past couple decades.

The current PAC QBs are not that good.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Still >>>>>>> SEC QB dreckfest.

The best QBs are probably in the ACC.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Still >>>>>>> SEC QB dreckfest.

The best QBs are probably in the ACC.
    S>T POTD
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Strange thread. Poasts with both up and down vote potential. Are you guys on shrooms?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Mad_Son said:

Mosster47 said:

Matthew Stafford has been starting in the NFL for a long ass time and was a first round pick.

Tim Tebow won a Heisman and two National Championships. He might honestly be the best overall college QB ever. He would dominate in any offense in any era.

Johnny Football won the Heisman.

Jay Cutler made people watch Vandy for the first time ever, was a first round pick and is still starting in the NFL.

Cam Newton won a Heisman, an NC, was the #1 overall pick and made a Super Bowl.

Who has the Pac-12 produced? Akili sucked, Joey sucked, Feeley was a backup, Clemens is a backup, Dixon didn't make it, and Mariota might be ok. Herbert has the tools, but who knows.

Bledsoe was ok for a little bit before he was replaced, Leaf sucked.

Tui sucked, Lockner sucked, and Browning won't get a chance.

Luck is an overpaid turd, end Stanford.

Boller was fucking awful. Rogers is a Hall of Famer. The new kid on the Rams is on pace to be shit.

Carson Palmer was decent. Leinart was shit. JDB was shit. Sanchez is shit. Barkley is shit. Cassel was shit. Kessler is shit.

McNown was shit. The big nosed Hebrew will be shit.

Plummer was shit. Osweiler is shit.

Foles is shit.

Ryan Anderson was shit and Matt Moore is also shit.

That's what the Pac-10 has given the world in the last 20 years at QB. One stud who was a JUCO transfer, one guy with some potential going right now, and one guy who was really good until he got hurt. Then you got three Heismans between them all.

Pac-10/12 fans like to bust on SEC quarterbacks, but the Pac-10/12 hasn't done any better in college or the NFL.

What does the NFL have to do with any of this?
    Exactly, though he got tebow right
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Mosster47 said:

Matthew Stafford has been starting in the NFL for a long ass time and was a first round pick.

Tim Tebow won a Heisman and two National Championships. He might honestly be the best overall college QB ever. He would dominate in any offense in any era.

Jay Cutler made people watch Vandy for the first time ever, was a first round pick and is still starting in the NFL.

Who has the Pac-12 produced? Akili sucked, Joey sucked, Feeley was a backup, Clemens is a backup, Dixon didn't make it, and Mariota might be ok. Herbert has the tools, but who knows.

Boller was fucking awful. Rogers is a Hall of Famer. The new kid on the Rams is on pace to be shit.

Carson Palmer was decent. Leinart was shit. JDB was shit. Sanchez is shit. Barkley is shit. Cassel was shit. Kessler is shit.

Foles is shit.

That's what the Pac-10 has given the world in the last 20 years at QB. One stud who was a JUCO transfer, one guy with some potential going right now, and one guy who was really good until he got hurt. Then you got three Heismans between them all.

Pac-10/12 fans like to bust on SEC quarterbacks, but the Pac-10/12 hasn't done any better in college or the NFL.

What does the NFL have to do with any of this?
    Exactly, though he got tebow right
    Because college performance rarely measures how good a QB is. Timmy Chang was the best passer ever at one point.

Darren Thomas was like 24-2 and can barely play Arena Ball.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You're forgetting Brock and Damon. Damon actually had a sneaky successful career.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Doogles said:

You're forgetting Brock and Damon. Damon actually had a sneaky successful career.

Damon was a career back-up and situational starter. If he had a sneak-successful career, then Testaverde belongs in the HOF, and he does not belong in the HOF.

It really is a good poont. We? tend to think of the Pac as THE conference of QBs, and we've? been living off of rep. for a while now.

Though I agree you are underestimating a couple of guys. Bledsoe was better than 'ok' for a while, Palmer is/was more than 'decent' and Mariota is more than 'ok' when you take what he's done in context with his supporting cast, which has been dog shit, especially up front. I also think calling Luck an 'overpaid turd' is ridiculous.

But there have been a lot of flops, especially from the SC cohort, which included some players more than a few people, including yours truly, thought would be good pros. I thought Barkley, in particular, was going to make a good pro. Don't really know what happened there, but he's garbage. I also though Leinhart would be a good pro, and that was a huge whiff. People talk about Leinhart's noodle arm, but I don't think it was any more noodle than Montana's arm, and he turned out ok. So I'm not sure what happened there either. I was never a Dirty Sanchez groupie, so that didn't surprise too much.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,585
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

Damon was a career back-up and situational starter. If he had a sneak-successful career, then Testaverde belongs in the HOF, and he does not belong in the HOF.

It really is a good poont. We? tend to think of the Pac as THE conference of QBs, and we've? been living off of rep. for a while now.

Though I agree you are underestimating a couple of guys. Bledsoe was better than 'ok' for a while, Palmer is/was more than 'decent' and Mariota is more than 'ok' when you take what he's done in context with his supporting cast, which has been dog shit, especially up front. I also think calling Luck an 'overpaid turd' is ridiculous.

But there have been a lot of flops, especially from the SC cohort, which included some players more than a few people, including yours truly, thought would be good pros. I thought Barkley, in particular, was going to make a good pro. Don't really know what happened there, but he's garbage. I also though Leinhart would be a good pro, and that was a huge whiff. People talk about Leinhart's noodle arm, but I don't think it was any more noodle than Montana's arm, and he turned out ok. So I'm not sure what happened there either. I was never a Dirty Sanchez groupie, so that didn't surprise too much.
    Leinart cared more about banging Scottsdale chicks than playing football. Hth
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840

Doogles said:

I don't see a problem with that.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,585
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

I don't see a problem with that.
    There is no problem.

He's easily the smartest of these jokers.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Foles is shit.

Pretty sure you left out Jonathan Smith.. Surely an oversight?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think we can all agree that the QBs from the Big 12 suck ass.

Fuck RG3