Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nick Saban gives Coker and DDY's analysis the finger

Accepts commitment from Tommy Brown.

I'm surprised I'm surprised.

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Dude bama dropped like 3-4 kids last year and forced one to grey shirt
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Also gives the middle finger to the UW and USC coaching staffs, both of whom didn't think he was worthy of an offer.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    BallzDeep said:

Good, Brown is fat, soft, and slow and he won't make it at Bama. That program is a meat grinder. Nobody sees the five to eight guys that get dropped from Bama's roster every year to make room for the next class. They don't see Nick Sabans recruiting misses. They only see the successful players and the wins. Better Bama than Oregon not because he's good but because I don't want Oregon getting another "4 star" rated player and generating more hype because other recruits who are legitimately good look at recruiting rankings.

If he really sucks I'd much rather have him go to Oregon. Whatever free pub value they might get from his commit is more than mitigated by the cost of giving a scholarship to a player who sucks.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BallzDeep said:

Good, Brown is fat, soft, and slow and he won't make it at Bama. That program is a meat grinder. Nobody sees the five to eight guys that get dropped from Bama's roster every year to make room for the next class. They don't see Nick Sabans recruiting misses. They only see the successful players and the wins. Better Bama than Oregon not because he's good but because I don't want Oregon getting another "4 star" rated player and generating more hype because other recruits who are legitimately good look at recruiting rankings.

Nobody sees the "recruiting misses" because Bama plays for the national title every year.
    Source?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    BallzDeep said:

dnc said:

BallzDeep said:

If he really sucks I'd much rather have him go to Oregon. Whatever free pub value they might get from his commit is more than mitigated by the cost of giving a scholarship to a player who sucks.
    I would rather have Oregon get players that both suck and are rated low. Oregon getting 4 star players that suck still helps them recruit other 4 star players that are actually good.
    this thread is krisvashon retarded.

let's stipulate something, shall we? nobody on this board has any fucking inkling whether some 4* recruit sucks.

unless I'm being whooshed here, in which case ...

nevermind.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I found this really interesting too. Would Bama take a legacy that was a lower caliber recruit then normal just because he's a legacy? I just don't see it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    tvoie said:

dnc said:

I found this really interesting too. Would Bama take a legacy that was a lower caliber recruit then normal just because he's a legacy? I just don't see it.
    Maybe Saban's planning on retiring soon and so he doesn't gaf?

The whole "Bama offers a west coast recruit USC and UW didn't" is strange. Accepting said kid's commitment is strange as fuck.