Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Steve Sarkisian: Quarterback Guru

I really didn't need to see anything new to convince me that Sark has to go but, unbelievably, last night I did.

Despite all his other shortcomings, one thing we've always been told (and I guess I believed) is that Sark at least has some skill at developing and mentoring quarterbacks. We were told to expect that no matter how bad everything else looked, we could at least take assurance that Sark would bring us competent play at that one position - because that's what he's purportedly good at. Developing QBs was supposed to be Sark's ONE area of expertise. After watching Cyler Miles with his bony ass and popgun arm, it turns out that the Doogs weren't even right about that one.

With all that's wrong with the program, this is probably not the time to single out our freshman backup QB. I'm doing it anyway. After five long years of having a purported QB guru as head coach, I am astounded that our backup QB looked as unprepared and unskilled as Miles did last night. Attn. Doogs: Miles does not have a Pac-12 caliber arm and he's not going to grow one between now and next fall. All those loopy floaters reminded me of a high school game.

After five years and even knowing all I know about Sark, I am still amazed that Miles is the best we can do in the quarterback of the future department. Sark's brought in five quarterbacks during his tenure. Four of those were four-star prospects rated in the top 15 at their position. This is the best we can do?

As far as I'm concerned, Sark has now failed as a head coach in every way possible. There is no valid argument left for keeping him around even a minute longer.

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Fuck you. SC wanted Miles!

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I'm going to guess that until one of them becomes the fulltime starter, neither Miles nor one of the other freshmen QB's will ever get enough snaps in practice to learn how to execute Sark's offense under anything resembling game conditions. They've all been standing on the sidelines watching Keith Price take the snaps in weekly preparations for Saturday's (or Friday's) games and although they do the film study routine and go to all the meetings, Sark isn't going to waste a minute of precious practice time on developing a young QB who isn't going to start and may not even take one snap in the upcoming game.

Although I don't attend any of Sark's practices, this is the way it typically is for these intellectual offensive geniuses such as our current head coach and QB/offensive guru. It was that way at Neuheisel's practices which didn't get him any points with those of us who were used to DJ's practices which were not time limited and where player development at all positions and levels of depth was important if not always essential throughout the long season. Since the Dawgs will be getting ready for another loss on Saturday in the burrito bowl, we should recall what a great job Sark did in getting the Montana kid ready for the Beavs two years ago.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Miles had a lot of trust issues out there last night.

Happiest feet in the country.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    He had happy feet, but also atrocious pocket awareness go figure.
  • Miles looked like his coach......very average.

Miles won't be better than Price as long as Sarkingham is here.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    sark took over, 0-12 program, other schools cherry picked local recruits when the program was down, sark took UW to a bowl in year 2, great recruiter, offensive genius, QB guru, socal connections, ticket sales are up, beat USC in first year, holiday bowl win.

now has lost starting QB (everyone wanted cyler to start the year), best no name lineman hurt, lost Timu, lost shamburger...most experience. fluke turnovers, hung in there with a young #13 team in the nation.

Sark will get a number of years, he will start 5-0 next year. They will shit the bed, and the excuse will be a freshman QB doesn't have the experience yet to be expected to compete.

Sark is here to stay....cook it.......money guys are happy, the pocket book is happy, doogs are happy making excuses....husky football is doing fine.

There is a small fringe of haters, that want UW to fail, and are short sided.

Only two callers on the post game show were even discussing letting go of Sark. dawgman show had lots of callers saying they loved sark.