Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Concussion diagnosis is subjective

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    What does this have to do with CWU Football?
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It's like climate change -- you just say the science is quackery, no proof!, and send the player back out to play.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No one cares.

Nobody watches football games concerned about the hired help getting a concussion.
  • Options
    poynt being that #1 there is no agree upon definition of what a concussion is and #2 no agreed upon way to diagnose it then -- you can always make the argument so and so is no suffering a concussion.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I was always told to walk it off
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is something I have been fighting. I coached in Arizona and Oregon during this concussion conscious era.

In Arizona they would give them a sideline test and if they passed they were good. They weren't given anything after that. If they were diagnosed with one on the sideline they would be given a test everyday and when they passed that test they could return regardless of time off.

In Oregon if it wad suspected their night was done, no questions asked. They weren't allowed to return until they were given the ok by a doctor, then they needed to pass the test before they could return.

How is a concussion rehab different in different states and why are they diagnosed differently?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922
    I had a point to make on this thread but forgot what I was going to say.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The worst concussion I ever saw was in high school on a kickoff. A skinny receiver dude apparently got jacked.

When we lined up for the first play on offense my coach was like wtf where is this kid?!

They found him wandering around in the parking lot.

We had a kid on a kickoff fall down right in front of the return man. He was on all fours with his head up and the returned tried to jump over him. The returner hits his knee right into the kid's face mask and his head snaps back, the returner does a complete flip in the air over him.

Our kid is out cold, stone dead for 3 or 4 minutes. He wakes up and starts crying. I'm not talking like the end of Rudy type deal, like absolute terror, screaming, clawing at people, wild animal type shit. He woke up and had no idea who he was, where he was, or what was happening. It was fucking nuts.

Concussions are serious business, but there needs to be some uniform diagnoses. The blanket of every decent hit needs to stop.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm sure it had something to do with tits
  • Options
    I had at least 3 concussions. (Although cuntwaffle will be glad to know not when I "played" college football.)
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922

You stick to being a dick and I'll stick with my tit schtick.

You do like titties, right?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

This is something I have been fighting. I coached in Arizona and Oregon during this concussion conscious era.

In Arizona they would give them a sideline test and if they passed they were good. They weren't given anything after that. If they were diagnosed with one on the sideline they would be given a test everyday and when they passed that test they could return regardless of time off.

In Oregon if it wad suspected their night was done, no questions asked. They weren't allowed to return until they were given the ok by a doctor, then they needed to pass the test before they could return.

How is a concussion rehab different in different states and why are they diagnosed differently?

Chica, I'd find a cave somewhere in the congo, club you silly and have my way with you caveman style. , id even hunt and gather so you'd have something in your tummy when the ball sauce trickled on down.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

You stick to being a dick and I'll stick with my tit schtick.

You do like titties, right?
    Of course. I am much more of an ass man though.