Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Projected starting 5 for next year

2»

Comments

• Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jaylen Nowell is a SG, not a PG.

Crisp is most likely the guy. If not, Pryor is WAY more likely to play PG than Nowell. Since you know, he's an actual PG.

CHRIST.

Nowell can play PG, he played PG in garfield.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Dickerson
    Wright / Johnson
    Thybulle
    Nowell / Carter
    Crisp

Pretty much this. I'll take Crisp, Nowell, Thybulle, Johnson and Dickerson though. I'm skeptical of the bottom of the top 100 2018 guys who just reclassified to 2017. If they had trouble emerging from amongst juniors in HS I don't think they're going to come in and do a ton as college freshman a few months later. I think they're good prospects and I'm glad we? got them. I don't think they're starting right away though.
  • Options

Dickerson
    Wright / Johnson
    Thybulle
    Nowell / Carter
    Crisp

Pretty much this. I'll take Crisp, Nowell, Thybulle, Johnson and Dickerson though. I'm skeptical of the bottom of the top 100 2018 guys who just reclassified to 2017. If they had trouble emerging from amongst juniors in HS I don't think they're going to come in and do a ton as college freshman a few months later. I think they're good prospects and I'm glad we? got them. I don't think they're starting right away though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2017

Dickerson
    Wright / Johnson
    Thybulle
    Nowell / Carter
    Crisp

• Options
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Crisp is most likely the guy. If not, Pryor is WAY more likely to play PG than Nowell. Since you know, he's an actual PG.

CHRIST.

Murray played some PG in HS too. Neither one is a PG.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

CHRIST.

Never seen Nowell, but I know he's not close to being Murray.

Murray is a legitimate lead guard. Whether he's a point or not doesn't really matter.
  • Options

CHRIST.

I'll defer to you on Nowell, but Murray is a PG. He sure as hell isn't a shooting guard.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nowell as a sophomore sure seemed to outplay Murray as a senior for the State Title in the Tacoma Dome
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

CHRIST.

I'll defer to you on Nowell, but Murray is a PG. He sure as hell isn't a shooting guard.
    Murray didn't play PG in HS or college. Nowell is WAY less of a PG than Murray. Both have moves to score buckets, NOT to run an offense full time. Big difference. This is based on what he has done, not based on what he could do. But if I had to guess, I'd see Nowell having a career/style that more closely resembles Q-Pon than Conroy.
  • Options

dnc said:

CHRIST.

Murray didn't play PG in HS or college. Nowell is WAY less of a PG than Murray. Both have moves to score buckets, NOT to run an offense full time. Big difference. This is based on what he has done, not based on what he could do. But if I had to guess, I'd see Nowell having a career/style that more closely resembles Q-Pon than Conroy.
    He split time at point with Andrews in college. I can't comment on HS. And again, I'm deferring to you on Nowell, I haven't seen him play. But Murray is a point guard. He plays like a point guard. He's a very good ball handler who can penetrate and a very good passer. He's also a shit shooter. He's much more PG than SG.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

CHRIST.

Q Pon is a good call ...

I could see Nowell struggling a bit early in his career as he transitions from the individual game to rounding out the team aspects of the game. If he's smart and stays 3-4 years he'll be a really good player by the time he thinks about getting to the NBA and probably in a position to have a fairly decent NBA career as a role player.