Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Projected starting 5 for next year

Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited July 2017 in Payton's Place
PG:
David Crisp

SG:
Jaylen Nowell

SF:
Matisse Thybulle/Hameir Wright (Wright will probably start by the pac 12 season if he lives up to the hype)

PF:
Noah Dickerson

C:
Sam Timmins

Comments?

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Timmins should never see the court
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Give him another chance, maybe he'll be better under coach Hop
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Doog on young brotha!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Doog on young brotha!
    @backthepack don't tell me that peterman3098 is also underage?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

He's a stiff that can't move with questionable skill ... I will be shocked if he ever contributes
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

He's a stiff that can't move with questionable skill ... I will be shocked if he ever contributes
    Yeah I agree, you have to start duruisseau or him though, duruisseau is not much better and you're going to sacrifice height.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Yeah I agree, you have to start duruisseau or him though, duruisseau is not much better and you're going to sacrifice height.
    Or u go small ball
    That works too. We need guys to actually make shots though. I don't know who's our go-to guy anymore, Jaylen Nowell? Hameir Wright?

I know sound like a Crisp hater, but he should not be starting if Nowell can actually start at point guard. Crisp is a liability on defense and he shoots way too much. His 3 point percentage is alright because he takes like 10 shots behind the arc and makes 3 of them.
  • Options

Dickerson
    Wright / Johnson
    Thybulle
    Nowell / Carter
    Crisp

This is probably the best lineup, but I'm not sure if it'll actually work as we don't have any tall guys.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Small ball will work. Wright can play the 4, and Thybulle/Johnson both can too in an emergency (both have in the past due to foul trouble). Rotate Dickerson/Timmins at the 5.

Crisp has never shown that he's a good enough passer to run the point. Hopefully Jaylen Nowell is.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Small ball will work. Wright can play the 4, and Thybulle/Johnson both can too in an emergency (both have in the past due to foul trouble). Rotate Dickerson/Timmins at the 5.

Crisp has never shown that he's a good enough passer Player to run the point. Hopefully Jaylen Nowell is.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Crisp has never shown that he's a good enough passer to run the point. Hopefully Jaylen Nowell is.

Crisp is the worst player on the team besides Green and that shitty Aussie white big who ruined his life by choosing UW. Crisp doesn't do a single thing well, he's small, and he shoots way too damn much.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Crisp is the worst player on the team besides Green and that shitty Aussie white big who ruined his life by choosing UW. Crisp doesn't do a single thing well, he's small, and he shoots way too damn much.
    Green might have a place on the team because he has a large wingspan and might be useful for defense. Timmins really needs to improve on his footwork, he has some potential but it's too raw atm.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Disagree ...

Crisp has talent ... also has the disease of Seattle AAU ball

If he buys in he could easily be most improved
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Disagree ...

Crisp has talent ... also has the disease of Seattle AAU ball

If he buys in he could easily be most improved
    If he fixes his shot, maybe he can be a shooter like Bryce Alford, but I don't see that happening right now.
  • Options
    I personally would start Nowell because he's more talented and athletic. Even though he's less experienced which means he might be inconsistent, it's not like Crisp is a consistent shooter either. We don't know how good Nowell's defense is but Crisp's defense is also non existant. I think that coach Hop would start Crisp though.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Jaylen Nowell is a SG, not a PG.

Crisp is most likely the guy. If not, Pryor is WAY more likely to play PG than Nowell. Since you know, he's an actual PG.

CHRIST.