Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

The college football schedule-makers were pretty cruel to the California Golden Bears.
    There are eleven fucking conference opponents, and Cal plays nine of them, on a set schedule. Just like every other fucking conference team does. If Cal wants to have a schedule that's ranked more easy, then it needs to fucking toughen up and be one of the murderous matchups for those other teams that it has to play every fucking year. I miss the apex of the Tedford years when teams were afraid to play Cal, instead of the other way around. And those "college football schedule-makers" who were so fucking hard on Cal are the fucking Cal administration that made the OOC arrangements with Ole Miss, North Carolina, and OMGWE'REGONNADIE Weber State. What a colossally fuckingly stupid thing to say.

Long story short: CGB is you're source?!?

People were scared to play a team coached by a guy with one shared conference title in all of his years?

This is news. Oregon went 5-6 that year and a dropped gimme touchdown gave Cal the win in Berkeley.

As always, Cal is too high.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2017
    Mosster47 said:

BearsWiin said:

The college football schedule-makers were pretty cruel to the California Golden Bears.
    There are eleven fucking conference opponents, and Cal plays nine of them, on a set schedule. Just like every other fucking conference team does. If Cal wants to have a schedule that's ranked more easy, then it needs to fucking toughen up and be one of the murderous matchups for those other teams that it has to play every fucking year. I miss the apex of the Tedford years when teams were afraid to play Cal, instead of the other way around. And those "college football schedule-makers" who were so fucking hard on Cal are the fucking Cal administration that made the OOC arrangements with Ole Miss, North Carolina, and OMGWE'REGONNADIE Weber State. What a colossally fuckingly stupid thing to say.

People were scared to play a team coached by a guy with one shared conference title in all of his years?

This is news. Oregon went 5-6 that year and a dropped gimme touchdown gave Cal the win in Berkeley.

Angry?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

BearsWiin said:

Mad?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I am genuinely curious how California does this year. I am not as high on Wilcox as most others, he was universally hated at USC and got destroyed by every team with a pulse at Washington. His resume at Boise State and Wisconsin is fairly impressive though.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    People are high on Wilcox?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Hopeful, not high. Still an unknown as HC, but he's done well as an assistant whenever he hasn't worked for Sark. He took a lower initial pay from Cal in order to put more money into OC and DC hires. So far he's doing and saying the right things; he "gets" Cal a helluva lot better than fucking Dykes evar did. Is he the Second Cumming of Lou Saban? Prolly not, but who the fuck is?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    WTF is there to GET about Cal? An occasional 9 win season sandwiched around anywhere from 3-9 to 7-5 Seasons?

The bar isn't high at Cal. It never has been.
  • Options

Everyone's high in Berkeley
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Gladstone said:

I am genuinely curious how California does this year. I am not as high on Wilcox as most others, he was universally hated at USC and got destroyed by every team with a pulse at Washington. His resume at Boise State and Wisconsin is fairly impressive though.

I wasn't aware anyone was high on Wilcox anymore. Didn't everyone outside of Berkeley think it was a retard hire? Or is that just me?
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

Gladstone said:

Mosster47 said:

BearsWiin said:

Thanks you to Galdstone for correcting the formatting issue so I can respond to the duck:

I'm glad you brought up "that year," the 2004 game. That was exactly what good teams do; they take the best that the other team has in the first half, then completely flatten them in the second. Oregon gained 310 yards in the opening 30 minutes, and gained exactly 56 after halftime. Cal rolled in the second half, and while duckie fanz look to the dropped pass at the end of the game, they conveniently forget the missed Cal FG and Robert Jordan fumble at the Oregon 28 in the second half. The only reason Oregon was in a position to threaten at the end of the game was due to Cal's own unforced errors. Huskieies might remember their own experience with Cal that year, where the Bears blew open a close 13-12 game at the half to roll to a 41-12 final. Cal ran the ball 42 times that game, while throwing only 17 times, as most of the Cal receiving corps was injured.

Oregon probably wasn't scared to play the Bears in 2006, but after the game I'm pretty sure they wanted nothing to do with Cal. 45-24 with two meaningless Oregon TDs to end the game, Marshawn faceplanting Chung, Dante Rosario stepping on a Bear in frustration as DeSean scampered for a spectacular TD, Dixon getting shredded, Stewart gaining maybe 25 yards the whole game. But maybe you're on to something; Oregon probably just wasn't smart enough to be scared.

disagree. but then again, I don't care.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

BearsWiin said:

Gladstone said:

Mosster47 said:

BearsWiin said:

Thanks you to Galdstone for correcting the formatting issue so I can respond to the duck:

I'm glad you brought up "that year," the 2004 game. That was exactly what good teams do; they take the best that the other team has in the first half, then completely flatten them in the second. Oregon gained 310 yards in the opening 30 minutes, and gained exactly 56 after halftime. Cal rolled in the second half, and while duckie fanz look to the dropped pass at the end of the game, they conveniently forget the missed Cal FG and Robert Jordan fumble at the Oregon 28 in the second half. The only reason Oregon was in a position to threaten at the end of the game was due to Cal's own unforced errors. Huskieies might remember their own experience with Cal that year, where the Bears blew open a close 13-12 game at the half to roll to a 41-12 final. Cal ran the ball 42 times that game, while throwing only 17 times, as most of the Cal receiving corps was injured.

Oregon probably wasn't scared to play the Bears in 2006, but after the game I'm pretty sure they wanted nothing to do with Cal. 45-24 with two meaningless Oregon TDs to end the game, Marshawn faceplanting Chung, Dante Rosario stepping on a Bear in frustration as DeSean scampered for a spectacular TD, Dixon getting shredded, Stewart gaining maybe 25 yards the whole game. But maybe you're on to something; Oregon probably just wasn't smart enough to be scared.

disagree. but then again, I don't care

Disagree
  • Options
    edited June 2017

BearsWiin said:

Gladstone said:

Mosster47 said:

BearsWiin said:

Cool that you brought it up, then.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Gladstone said:

Mosster47 said:

BearsWiin said:

I do that all the time. Don't get excited Poncho.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

I miss the apex of the Tedford years when teams were afraid to play Cal, instead of the other way around.

/>
    Looks like lil duckling just saw a new video on Mommies cell phone
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Gladstone said:

Mosster47 said:

BearsWiin said:

I do that all the time. Don't get excited Poncho.
    Don't flatter yourself
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ^ Inapposite. Try again.

Seriously. If we're talking about where modern day chemistry was invented, then you can come here and swing your dick around.

But listening to war stories about Cal football is like, well, talking about things we? haven't fucked up at Washington State. Boring, and very limited.