Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Poor LeBron never played on a superteam

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,426
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watch the 30 for 30 over the next two nights. Super teams are super right down to the bench. Michael Cooper started off as a 6th man and defender. Walton joined the Celtics as a 6th man

And the starting 5s were awesome. They didn't need to go anywhere because they had Red and Jerry West, two of the all time best ever GMs.

People forget that if not for Jerry West, Kevin Love would be a Warrior and Klay klay could be anywhere
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's worth also pointing out that the core of GS outside of KD was drafted by GS ...

A true super team to me is way more akin to what Miami did than what GS did ... that's just top notch management at all levels of the organization ...

And Race is right for the first time in a few weeks ... what made those 80s Celtics/Lakers teams great was the depth that they had on the bench
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Watch the 30 for 30 over the next two nights. Super teams are super right down to the bench. Michael Cooper started off as a 6th man and defender. Walton joined the Celtics as a 6th man

And the starting 5s were awesome. They didn't need to go anywhere because they had Red and Jerry West, two of the all time best ever GMs.

People forget that if not for Jerry West, Kevin Love would be a Warrior and Klay klay could be anywhere

Stop eating 'Member Berries.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Stop eating 'Member Berries.

J gets shredded in Every thread. Baabs was smart enough to steer queer of it or he would have too.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just going to throw this out there, but the coach needs to be in the discussion when we're sizing up and debating "super teams," not just the roster talent.

Kerr>>>Spoelstra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lue
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How is Kerr better than Spolestra?
  • Options

Kerr through 3 seasons with the Warriors super team: .841 win% in tougher conference, 2-1 in the finals. Took a 51 win team, just added Iggy and won 67 games the next year (+16 net).

Spoelstra in 4 with the Heat super team: .712 win% in a much weaker conference, 2-2 in the finals. Took his 47 win team, added LeBron, Bosh, others and won 58 games (+11 net).
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I like Spolestra a lot but I don't see how you can rate Kerr below anyone but Pop and Carlisle. The Warriors took off when he took over.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,866
    dnc said:

I like Spolestra a lot but I don't see how you can rate Kerr below anyone but Pop and Carlisle. The Warriors took off when he took over.
    That just shows how shit Mark Jackson was.

He is slightly better than Magic ever was as a color guy - though nowhere near the same class as Bill Walton.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't recall Spolestra blowing a 3-1 lead. Both have 2 rings. Oakland was built and waiting. Spolestra had to make the Heat work on the fly.

It's hardly clear cut. Walton and Brown have higher winning percentages with the Warriors
  • Options
    WTF'd for pretending that Walton's and Brown's success as interim coaches wasn't mostly impacted by coaching in Kerr's system or without all the behind the scenes work Kerr did.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm a big Spo fan and I'd put him right there with any current coach but Pop.

People act like the Warriors invented small ball but it was the Heat playing Battier at power forward years ago. The systems coach Spo put in place on offense and defense were brilliant. I've never seen an entire defense turn it up quite like those trapping Miami teams could and Lebron was efficient as possible on offense.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Durrant won a natty.

Winners win.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This. West was awesome as LA GM. He is responsible for a lot of Golden State success. Lets see how he does for the clippers. That might be his hardest situation yet.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

This. West was awesome as LA GM. He is responsible for a lot of Golden State success. Lets see how he does for the clippers. That might be his hardest situation yet.

He won't live long enough to see any results with the Clippers. Griffin is about as reliable as Derek Rose and Paul is a great loser who can beat up on Portland and Denver but either gets hurt or flails against any team with a pulse despite beating San Antonio once.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

People act like the Warriors invented small ball but it was the Heat playing Battier at power forward years ago. The systems coach Spo put in place on offense and defense were brilliant. I've never seen an entire defense turn it up quite like those trapping Miami teams could and Lebron was efficient as possible on offense.

Wrong.gif

LeBron has been much more efficient in his 2nd Cleveland show than He was in MIa Spoelstra had twice the team that Lue had, and Lue has a natty. And Lue is an average coach. When you're relying on Korver, old man Jefferson, the loser who used to play with the Knicks as your bench, you're fucked.

But the main difference between last year and this year is that Trystan Thompson is a Kardashian now. The one game that He bothered to give effort in, they won.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Wrong.gif

LeBron has been much more efficient in his 2nd Cleveland show than He was in MIa Spoelstra had twice the team that Lue had, and Lue has a natty. And Lue is an average coach. When you're relying on Korver, old man Jefferson, the loser who used to play with the Knicks as your bench, you're fucked.

But the main difference between last year and this year is that Trystan Thompson is a Kardashian now. The one game that He bothered to give effort in, they won.
    Disagree. I think these Cavs teams are quite a bit better than the Heat were.