Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lavar Ball

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2017 in Payton's Place
New respect from me. Making the shoes Versace level is smart. And honestly, the shoes are way better than any Curry shoe that is out. They are dope. No cool, trendsetter is wearing Under Armour shoes.

The Ball's will make it. Lavar has taken the Trump approach. Most people will hate him, but with that $495 price point, you don't need to sell that many shoes. The minority that fuck with them will make them rich. I've come around.

And the youngest Ball bro will be a star. I hated on them until my buddy showed me how much flair the young one has in his game.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What Lavar Ball fails to understand is that Lonzo is the brand, not Lavar.

And, frankly, he's a nice player but the only personality we've seen is his father's.

Nobody bought Nikes because of James Jordan.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    All Lavar Ball all the time
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

And, frankly, he's a nice player but the only personality we've seen is his father's.

Not the same thing. With social media and today's world, Lavar has more of a role than you think.

Everybody talks about him. This is the Kardashianization of basketball. All pub is good pub, we will beat you over the head with it. If the Ball kid's suck it won't work.

The first shoe looks good though and the high price point makes it a status thing. It was a smart move imo, but we will see. I'm intrigued by the experiment.

Not the same thing. With social media and today's world, Lavar has more of a role than you think.

Everybody talks about him. This is the Kardashianization of basketball. All pub is good pub, we will beat you over the head with it. If the Ball kid's suck it won't work.

The first shoe looks good though and the high price point makes it a status thing. It was a smart move imo, but we will see. I'm intrigued by the experiment.
    The first time John Wall locks down Lonzo, the Big Balla shoes will become the most expensive doorstops in history.

Swaye's Wigwam

The first time John Wall locks down Lonzo, the Big Balla shoes will become the most expensive doorstops in history.

That's irrelevant. Lonzo will be a rookie. He deserves a couple years like all players. Some bad games as a rookie won't mean the business has failed.

How many shoes get sold before Lonzo plays a game in the NBA. That is the only thing to watch right now. The rest is LIPO stuff.

I agree that it won't work unless one of the Ball's is a bonafied All Star, but that is at least a few years away.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    100 hundred with roadie. Drinking on jib again time to order a pair side 13
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They're all gonna suck in the NBA, so it's a mute poont.

Yup. Completely agree.

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So go buy a pair with your allowance big boy. Maybe you will finally be able to dunk a ball on that 8 ft hoop in your mom's backyard.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lonzo won't suck. Good role players aren't selling shoes though. The youngest one can play.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lot of business expertise in this thread. Impressive.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lot of business expertise in this thread. Impressive.

Petty
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Like the strategy except that everything is riding on the name "Big Baller". What the fuck, your kid isn't some power forward future Draymond Green badass, he's a skinny acne-ridden point guard who needs a Draymond type to dish to.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lavar is the brand. His kid is boring.
    If the kid's fail does Lavar? I would guess he just gets another up and comer.
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you buy a $220 pair of flip flops that are made in China for $10, you're a bigger dumbass than a drunk Bitchfork.

Agree, but some people will. Having the balls to charge $220 and take that risk is what I like.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Our morally bankrupt narcissistic society is responsible for producing @$$clowns like him...

He is a shameless self promoting delusional moron - I'm predicting a successful career in politics
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope eazy e comes back from the dead to fuck him in the ass.