Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIALNFL Draft thread

Comments

• Options
    IckyBengalIckyBengal Member Posts: 14
    First Comment 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Do you all play fantasy football?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

How bout my Bengals takin your boy John Ross!! Really excited about this. Speed!!!!!

Think it's a great fit for him and you. Can't double both Green and Ross. Ross gonna burn a lot of one on one coverage or Mixon gonna see a lot of empty boxes. Maybe both.
    how about Daryl Daniels? Speed and NFL body. Can he help us?
    'Us?' You an owner?
  • Options

dnc said:

How bout my Bengals takin your boy John Ross!! Really excited about this. Speed!!!!!

Think it's a great fit for him and you. Can't double both Green and Ross. Ross gonna burn a lot of one on one coverage or Mixon gonna see a lot of empty boxes. Maybe both.
    'Us?' You an owner?
    My Bengals
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

'Us?' You an owner?
    My Bengals
    This thread is worthless without @CinqReasons
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

'Us?' You an owner?
    My Bengals
    This thread is worthless without @CinqReasons
    Ocho Baby!
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did Cyler Myles get drafted?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

@creepycoug U finally makes an appearance at pick 29.

It's sad to see how far the Canes have fallen.

Very true. I was however shocked to see they currently have the #1 recruiting class on 24/7. I would never trust Richt, but the right coach could dominate at Miami. I think even a pretty good coach could contend pretty frequently in the ACC.

Swinney is creating a monster and FSU is good, but it's an easy conference to make noise in. It doesn't hurt they are located in one of, if not the best recruiting areas and have the best NFL alumni base of any college program.
    The U has fallen for having one guy in the 1st round? Remind me how many runs the U of the NW has had sans a player in the first round.

Really? Are we going to do this?

FSU has topped out with Jumbo ... they're not going to be better. Oh, sure, he'll put together more good teams, some will be better than others, but we've already seen their upside, and Miami is already catching them.

Dumbo at Clempsun? Same thing. He's finally got over the hump with a one-in-10 year QB. Kinda like Mariotta, they're not going to have a Watson under center every year. Come on. That kid is speshul as all get out, and he's THE reason they won the title ... by the skin of their asses I might add. Axe yourself what happens if they're not playing against a QB who rides the short bus running plays called by an O coordinator who drives it? Answer, they looze.

You would NEVER trust Richt? Based on what? He was a fairly consistent 9, 10, 11 win guy with a couple seasons better ... 9-5 in bowels w/ a cup 'o la shuguz, and, all jokes aside, played in a tuff confrunce at a 1.B-tier program. His 3.4 GPA in the SEC is no less respectable than Peterman's 3.8 GPA in the Retard Conference he played in. It's like comparing a kid who had a B average majoring in physics at MIT with a kid who had an A- average majoring in communicashuns at Wazzoo.

I'm not saying this guy is the second cumming of Jimmy Johnson, but LIPO. He's the very first adult in charge of that progrum since Butch left on his fateful trip to Cleveland. He may just get them back.

Keep in mind Davis wasn't perfect either. Davis was a great coach in two respects: (1) organizationally; and (2) recrooting - that mother fucker can recrute. He was, at best, an average game-day coach. If I'm coaching Miami at Washington in 2000, and I wish I had been, I take the game out of Dorsey's hands and I put it in Clinton Portis'. I do that, and we're undefeated in 2000 and win another title.

Sometimes, you don't need the full package. If Richt can recroot, and he can, and if he can get the right coordinators in place - Manny Diaz was a damn good start - he may well be all they need.
    Nobody but you cares about guys getting drafted in the first round. I like Ross, King, Baker all the same because they won. I didn't give a flying fuck when Locker or Danny Shelton were picked early.

The U has slipped because you haven't won shit in a long time. Not because you only had one first round pick. Last three coaches before Ricky... Coker, Shannon, and Fred Flintstone. Your program sucks until proven otherwise.
  • Options
    AH92AH92 Member Posts: 24
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited April 2017
    I don't think as a USC fan I've been as happy to see the Eagles draft a PAC 12 player... not even a USC player. Sorry Agholor.

I loved watching Sidney on your guys defense and am hoping he can return to full strength and be the #1 corner the Eagles have been searching for what seems like forever.

Jones said that an Eagles guy sent him a heartfelt letter after he went down at his pro day which is pretty cool.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Just a garbage draft by the Seahawks so far.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

some good melting down can be found here:

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136839&sid=66e28a3762f3461be1be2ad1706540c5

my favorite post about malik mcdowell:

Could this be another attempt to convert a defensive lineman to offensive line?
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

I really like what the Hawks did in this draft. Finally got some players on the interior of that D-Line who can rush the passer (although they are both pretty raw still).

I wish they would have addressed the O-Line a little more but this O-line class is just bad. No point in drafting for need. Take BPA and I think in many cases they did that.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I really like what the Hawks did in this draft. Finally got some players on the interior of that D-Line who can rush the passer (although they are both pretty raw still).

I wish they would have addressed the O-Line a little more but this O-line class is just bad. No point in drafting for need. Take BPA and I think in many cases they did that.
    Taking three safeties and one OL is terrible.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Elijah i got no doubt you will make a team, but fuck.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Coogs are wondering why Marks hasn't been drafted yet. Definately can't be because he sucks!
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    This is a crappy year for DTs and OL. Strong in CBs. Seahawks drafts OL and DTs, no CBs. I think every Seattle pick could have been taken 20 spots lower in this draft. What a shitty draft for the Hawks. Maybe the center they drafted is in Seattle 5 years from now. Like above poster said - Mcdowell is lazy. Why draft a lazy guy? Lazy = 4 year backup.

The WR they took is supposedly very underrated - Darboh. He might pan out. He just took Strings spot - same size.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/amara-darboh?id=2557905
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't like the McDowell pick. Since when do the Seahawks take players that don't play hard?

The CB from Central Florida better be good. There were so many that if they chose the wrong guy, it's a huge fail.

Same for the LSU OL. He needs to be a solid starter.

3 safeties is excessive considering there isn't a starter role available and we signed a starter from Tampa Bay. They were more picks for the future, but winning now is better.

It seemed like a crucial year for the Seahawks to draft well. LIPO, but I don't like it right now.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mathis would be a pretty solid pick up for a 7th round pick.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Mark my words: Stacey Coley in the 7th round will be the steal of the draft.

Stoopid. Guarantee he'll be as good or better than any WR taken before him.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dnc said:

@creepycoug U finally makes an appearance at pick 29.

It's sad to see how far the Canes have fallen.

Very true. I was however shocked to see they currently have the #1 recruiting class on 24/7. I would never trust Richt, but the right coach could dominate at Miami. I think even a pretty good coach could contend pretty frequently in the ACC.

Swinney is creating a monster and FSU is good, but it's an easy conference to make noise in. It doesn't hurt they are located in one of, if not the best recruiting areas and have the best NFL alumni base of any college program.
    The U has fallen for having one guy in the 1st round? Remind me how many runs the U of the NW has had sans a player in the first round.

Really? Are we going to do this?

FSU has topped out with Jumbo ... they're not going to be better. Oh, sure, he'll put together more good teams, some will be better than others, but we've already seen their upside, and Miami is already catching them.

Dumbo at Clempsun? Same thing. He's finally got over the hump with a one-in-10 year QB. Kinda like Mariotta, they're not going to have a Watson under center every year. Come on. That kid is speshul as all get out, and he's THE reason they won the title ... by the skin of their asses I might add. Axe yourself what happens if they're not playing against a QB who rides the short bus running plays called by an O coordinator who drives it? Answer, they looze.

You would NEVER trust Richt? Based on what? He was a fairly consistent 9, 10, 11 win guy with a couple seasons better ... 9-5 in bowels w/ a cup 'o la shuguz, and, all jokes aside, played in a tuff confrunce at a 1.B-tier program. His 3.4 GPA in the SEC is no less respectable than Peterman's 3.8 GPA in the Retard Conference he played in. It's like comparing a kid who had a B average majoring in physics at MIT with a kid who had an A- average majoring in communicashuns at Wazzoo.

I'm not saying this guy is the second cumming of Jimmy Johnson, but LIPO. He's the very first adult in charge of that progrum since Butch left on his fateful trip to Cleveland. He may just get them back.

Keep in mind Davis wasn't perfect either. Davis was a great coach in two respects: (1) organizationally; and (2) recrooting - that mother fucker can recrute. He was, at best, an average game-day coach. If I'm coaching Miami at Washington in 2000, and I wish I had been, I take the game out of Dorsey's hands and I put it in Clinton Portis'. I do that, and we're undefeated in 2000 and win another title.

Sometimes, you don't need the full package. If Richt can recroot, and he can, and if he can get the right coordinators in place - Manny Diaz was a damn good start - he may well be all they need.
    Nobody but you cares about guys getting drafted in the first round. I like Ross, King, Baker all the same because they won. I didn't give a flying fuck when Locker or Danny Shelton were picked early.

The U has slipped because you haven't won shit in a long time. Not because you only had one first round pick. Last three coaches before Ricky... Coker, Shannon, and Fred Flintstone. Your program sucks until proven otherwise.
    You seem upset. And you're lying.