Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Baird going nuclear

About Miles Jack............doesn't want to talk about him..........on the honks now......lets talk about all the kids UW plucked out of Cali

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    It would be wrong for Peter to call in with all the other big names from Washington that didn't want Sark anyway.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    It would be wrong to say Jack trusted Mora more than Sark. Especially since Hugh insists Sark is recruiting "the right way"
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Hugh referenced Sark doing it the "right way." Works his ASS off.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Jesus, major academic smack-talk in that last segment
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Baird deep down knows its a huge problem (the in-state recruiting). He just wont say anything publicly.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Baird did make a really good point about Jack not being born in Washington State. He didn't get the chance to grow up and watch Husky football. You know since he was born in like 95 and all those amazing teams Washington has had since then. If anything that worked in Sark's favor that he DIDN'T get to watch them growing up.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2013
    Baird should watch the interview and hear Myles' read on Sark from the horse's mouth.

He didn't buy Seven's hope and change sales pitch. Period. He's not the first and won't be the last to do so.

Sums up Dude Brah's tenure nicely - a salesman when you need a closer.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Josh Shirley thinks this whole "high character guys" debate is hilarious during UCLA week.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

Maybe it is time to take the opposite approach with the Honks. Put them in a position where they have to be somewhat critical. Go too far with the dooginess, that they have no choice but to correct you. Call in with something like this.

"Yeah, Jack is a good player, but he's going to be gone in three years. Azeem Victor and Connor O'Brien are redshirting and working out with Ivan Lewis, a guy who is one of the best strength coaches in the country. I would rather have these guys when they are 23 year old seniors than Jack as a 20 year old. Who is going to be more valuable, a fifth year senior or a true junior? I will take the fifth year senior every time. Sark is doing it the right way. You don't want elite in state guys with character issues. You want high character guys who are going to be hungry and who put the team first."

Looks like a blueprint to 3rd place in the North every year.

Woof!
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    tracker said:

Maybe it is time to take the opposite approach with the Honks. Put them in a position where they have to be somewhat critical. Go too far with the dooginess, that they have no choice but to correct you. Call in with something like this.

"Yeah, Jack is a good player, but he's going to be gone in three years. Azeem Victor and Connor O'Brien are redshirting and working out with Ivan Lewis, a guy who is one of the best strength coaches in the country. I would rather have these guys when they are 23 year old seniors than Jack as a 20 year old. Who is going to be more valuable, a fifth year senior or a true junior? I will take the fifth year senior every time. Sark is doing it the right way. You don't want elite in state guys with character issues. You want high character guys who are going to be hungry and who put the team first."

Looks like a blueprint to 3rd place in the North every year.

Woof!
    That's still really good!

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Baird did make a really good point about Jack not being born in Washington State. He didn't get the chance to grow up and watch Husky football. You know since he was born in like 95 and all those amazing teams Washington has had since then. If anything that worked in Sark's favor that he DIDN'T get to watch them growing up.

So..............no credit for Sankey?
  • TTJ said:

Josh Shirley thinks this whole "high character guys" debate is hilarious during UCLA week.

Who is that? Does he play for UW? Never seen him.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Was Jack born in Southern California?
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 542

TTJ said:

Who is that? Does he poast here???

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Fucking Christ.

Get a job.

You have way too much time to analyze and argue about barely of age boys ...

You fucking stocker.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    topdawgnc said:

Fucking Christ.

Get a job.

You fucking stocker.
    Good advice. I will send in my resume to Albertson's and become a stocker.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

Fucking Christ.

Get a job.

You fucking stocker.
    Good advice. I will send in my resume to Albertson's and become a stocker.
    Or you could go to school and become a trader.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

TTJ said:

Who is that? Does he play for UW? Never seen him.
    Shirley as a sub in the 2nd half got the hit on the Colorado RB that caused the fumble which was picked up and run in for a TD by what's-his-name. While the TD-scorer celebrated and received happy attention from his Husky teammates on the sideline, the TV camera also found and followed #22 who appeared to not even have a smile nor receive any accolades for the good defensive play that led directly to a score. Shirley could be more than a little miffed about his decline in PT. Maybe he's finally ready for a break-out game in Pasadena........ if he makes the travel team.