Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tuli He gone part 2, Ikaika Malloe is on the clock

2»

Comments

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

When was the last tim we landed the #1 DT from California? Cedric White?

Bummed we didn't snag him but not exactly a shocker. Highest rated Cali talent is going to go to SC far more often than not.

If we don't get Togiai I'll be pissed, that's a kid we should have just as good of a shot at as anybody does. I'm not optimistic so I'm guessing I'll be pissed. But I'll lipo until then.

That's the frustrating thing, he isn't even considering us basically. And next year Matthew Pola-Mao will not come here too.
    Exactly... it's like he forgot about us. How do want to go to TCU and Oregon, but not Washington? Maybe 5 years ago, sure, but now?

My TBS'ing has shown that Washington has been slowly sliding out of this race for over half a year, after starting in a decent position. Malloe is completely blowing one of the easiest key recruitments we had this year.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If you can't build the trenches on either side then this shit will be lost.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Nurple said:

Really hope @bananasandblondes vengeful Pete scenario plays out here.

The wheels of justice have been set in motion
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

dnc said:

When was the last tim we landed the #1 DT from California? Cedric White?

Bummed we didn't snag him but not exactly a shocker. Highest rated Cali talent is going to go to SC far more often than not.

If we don't get Togiai I'll be pissed, that's a kid we should have just as good of a shot at as anybody does. I'm not optimistic so I'm guessing I'll be pissed. But I'll lipo until then.

Have you looked at his twitter likes recently? TCU, USC, Oregon, OSU. He gone
    How in the world is UW expecting to compete with TCU ...
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2017
    Nansen on this list who got money for the bump off?
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This is fine. We are in a rebuilding year anyway. 2024 will be special once we get the 2019 recruits onboard!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

Just not seeing where the added value
    is with the Malloe hire. Doesn't add much
    from the coaching end that Kawasaki doesn't.
    Need a stud recruiter in his spot and so far
    he ain't. Hope he shows soon.

I agree about DL coaching because of how good Kawasaki is, but Malloe could be a great coach. I don't think any of us really know.

Position coaches are important in recruiting, but this board has an obsession with placing the blame on them when they don't get a guy. I don't entirely disagree with it, but it is simplistic.

Nobody (myself included) would give Jonathon Smith all the credit for Yankoff and Sirmon, so why does the coach get all the blame?

Some kids might come to a school for a position coach, but mostly it's just one of many factors. Location, winning, academis, head coach, etc.

Malloe's recruiting is something to keep an eye on. Draco was a big get. If it's really a problem, it will be addresses like Pease and Strausser.
    Draco is a strong point in his favor (and he specifically mentioned Malloe a couple of times). Lolohea is a decent point in his favor as well, assuming he ever makes it on campus.

We beat a ton of schools out for both of them (especially Draco).

I don't think he's a lost cause, I'm nervous he's not capable of getting the rare big big boys though.

But you're probably right about overblaming the position coaches.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

whuggy said:

Just not seeing where the added value
    is with the Malloe hire. Doesn't add much
    from the coaching end that Kawasaki doesn't.
    Need a stud recruiter in his spot and so far
    he ain't. Hope he shows soon.

I agree about DL coaching because of how good Kawasaki is, but Malloe could be a great coach. I don't think any of us really know.

Position coaches are important in recruiting, but this board has an obsession with placing the blame on them when they don't get a guy. I don't entirely disagree with it, but it is simplistic.

Nobody (myself included) would give Jonathon Smith all the credit for Yankoff and Sirmon, so why does the coach get all the blame?

Some kids might come to a school for a position coach, but mostly it's just one of many factors. Location, winning, academis, head coach, etc.

Malloe's recruiting is something to keep an eye on. Draco was a big get. If it's really a problem, it will be addresses like Pease and Strausser.
    Draco is a strong point in his favor (and he specifically mentioned Malloe a couple of times). Lolohea is a decent point in his favor as well, assuming he ever makes it on campus.

We beat a ton of schools out for both of them (especially Draco).

I don't think he's a lost cause, I'm nervous he's not capable of getting the rare big big boys though.

But you're probably right about overblaming the position coaches.
    Dude the whole point of HH is to overreact and act hysterical.
    Huh?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Malloe can't land Coburn or Togiai, get him out before he fucks up Sav'ell Smalls too. That kid will be the best player out of the state in a long time. Kind of player you can't miss on... and with Malloe recruiting, we might.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Malloe is a fucking god awful recruiter. Tufele and Togiai are kids he's known since they were Frosh. Not even a VISIT from Tufele, loses Marlon at the end and looks like Togiai won't even come up here during the spring.

That's about as bad as we can be doing.

Bynum is a good player, but didn't have any big time offers, so we were obviously his best option.

According to TBS sites, Bynum had offers from SC, UCLA, Nebraska, and Whoregon. Not an amazing list but I wouldn't say it was it was shooting fish in a barrel.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure USC went all in on him, though.

I think he had a place-holder offer from them (even though he took an unofficial there) and then people in the next tier down (UCLA, Neb and Oregon) would've taken him at any point.

It's a good pick up for sure.

As Roadie said, he will make a great 5-TECH!!!
    We need to pull in a good 69-Tech
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Malloe is a fucking god awful recruiter. Tufele and Togiai are kids he's known since they were Frosh. Not even a VISIT from Tufele, loses Marlon at the end and looks like Togiai won't even come up here during the spring.

That's about as bad as we can be doing.

Bynum is a good player, but didn't have any big time offers, so we were obviously his best option.

According to TBS sites, Bynum had offers from SC, UCLA, Nebraska, and Whoregon. Not an amazing list but I wouldn't say it was it was shooting fish in a barrel.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure USC went all in on him, though.

I think he had a place-holder offer from them (even though he took an unofficial there) and then people in the next tier down (UCLA, Neb and Oregon) would've taken him at any point.

It's a good pick up for sure.

As Roadie said, he will make a great 5-TECH!!!
    We need to pull in a good 69-Tech
    Otherwise known as the NICE backer in our defense.