Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark is close...especially without Price!

I think the change at +qb next year could be the difference. Price played brilliantly the last two weeks. But getting to a rose bowl means playing brilliantly when things break down. Price didnt have the capacity. Will Miles, Lindquist or Williams be that guy?

If we had Mariota we'd have 1 loss, maybe. See the correlation? Price was "good" at times, vs shit teams. He was even just ok against certain shit teams.

Price just began to see the middle of the field vs CAL. He's ignored it, and open receivers and ASJ ALL year. No intermediate to deep posts or seams all year. At Stanford he played well. The Oline hasnt changed. He's had to escape a lot of pressure all year. Good QBs do that, and make plays. Price did neither vs Oregon or ASU. Stanford has a better front seven than both. Go figure!

I think we'll be better next year, in this offense,, with Miles. Cyler has escapability, PRICE CANT GET OUT OF HIS OWN fucking WAY AND IT COST US. (despite all his flashy numbers... wins are what counts)..

Lindquist can buy time with his legs, so can T. Williams. Price waz like Dan Marino back there, but without the a r m.

Comments

• Options
    Remember guys he was the "First one" to say Sark should go even though he's the only one on here acting like once the black QB graduates then all of Sark's problems are gone.

This team without Price and Sankey next year is going to fucking suck. Sure they'll start off 4-0 but in conference at BEST 5-4 and probably go 4-5 if not 3-6 next year.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Cry me a river.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    Price directly contributed to one loss (ASU), and even then, the rest of the team played like shit. It was also a terribly coached game that should have gotten Sark fired at the 50 yard line by Sven. Sark should have committed to running the ball to take the pressure off a struggling Price. Not only would this have helped Price, but it would have helped our defense, and it would have given Sankey the touches he needed to make an impact.

Sankey is too good to shut down for a whole game. He started slow against Stanford and Oregon too, but eventually, he broke some nice runs. If Sark wasn't an idiot, we could have gone into half time in a one score game, and actually had a chance in the second half. It was 15-7 with a couple minutes left in the 2nd quarter. I don't think Price is a great QB, but unless Cyler Miles is Cam Newton (he's not), Sark is not close to anything but a 4th in the North finish.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Price directly contributed to one loss (ASU), and even then, the rest of the team played like shit. It was also a terribly coached game that should have gotten Sark fired at the 50 yard line by Sven. Sark should have committed to running the ball to take the pressure off a struggling Price. Not only would this have helped Price, but it would have helped our defense, and it would have given Sankey the touches he needed to make an impact.

Sankey is too good to shut down for a whole game. He started slow against Stanford and Oregon too, but eventually, he broke some nice runs. If Sark wasn't an idiot, we could have gone into half time in a one score game, and actually had a chance in the second half. It was 15-7 with a couple minutes left in the 2nd quarter. I don't think Price is a great QB, but unless Cyler Miles is Cam Newton (he's not), Sark is not close to anything but a 4th in the North finish.

We need to get "4th in the North" trademarked and t-shirts made. First in a multitude of hardcore husky gear.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I think the change at +qb next year could be the difference. Price played brilliantly the last two weeks. But getting to a rose bowl means playing brilliantly when things break down. Price didnt have the capacity. Will Miles, Lindquist or Williams be that guy?

If we had Mariota we'd have 1 loss, maybe. See the correlation? Price was "good" at times, vs shit teams. He was even just ok against certain shit teams.

Price just began to see the middle of the field vs CAL. He's ignored it, and open receivers and ASJ ALL year. No intermediate to deep posts or seams all year. At Stanford he played well. The Oline hasnt changed. He's had to escape a lot of pressure all year. Good QBs do that, and make plays. Price did neither vs Oregon or ASU. Stanford has a better front seven than both. Go figure!

I think we'll be better next year, in this offense,, with Miles. Cyler has escapability, PRICE CANT GET OUT OF HIS OWN fucking WAY AND IT COST US. (despite all his flashy numbers... wins are what counts)..

Lindquist can buy time with his legs, so can T. Williams. Price waz like Dan Marino back there, but without the a r m.

IF you can't handle the ups and downs of the Pumpy Corching Chindex, you need to find a new hobby.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Still waiting on my 4th in the North tee