Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW at UCLA

Options
Looking at the 2013 records and remaining schedules for both teams, it's remarkable how similar the Bruins and our our Huskies are this year, at least in regard to scoreboard results:

Both schools started the season with easy victories at home over former football powers, Boise State and Nevada, from the Mountain West Conference that can now be considered mid-level cupcakes. However, nowhere on UCLA's 2013 schedule can an FCS Div.-1AA donut hole be found which must seem odd to doogfans these days. I suppose they haven't found the Oregon Way yet in Westwood.

Huskies and Bruins have each lost games back-to-back in similiar fashion to the only two Pac-12 North programs, Stanford and Oregon, considered worthy of BCS ranking. The slight difference of the Huskies getting blown-out of no longer hostile Husky Stadium by Oregon compared to the Bruins losing to the ducks at always tough Autsen is insignificant.

The fact that Sark has no signature road wins in 4.75 seasons at UW comparable to Mora's incredible second half turn-around victory over Nebraska at Lincoln in September should in a reverse-karma kind of way work in the Huskies favor. Sark is obviously due,.... isn't he?

Both schools have gorged their way undefeated through the Pac-12 cupcake portion of their respective schedules and both are now looking down the barrel of November's final three games. UCLA is in line to challenge for the Pac-12 South division championship, but will have to get past the Huskies, and UW is....... well, playing for whatever Pride remains and the minor bowl crumbs available.

UCLA will host the Sun Devils at the Rose Bowl on Nov.23 (Saturday after hosting UW on Friday) in what could be the game-of-the-year for all the marbles in the Pac-12 South. Will the young and talented Bruins be looking past the veteran and lesser talented Huskies? If I'm UCLA coach Mora, there's no way my team is allowed to watch film of UW's recent desert demolition in Tempe. As a parent, I know how youngsters are with cartoons.

Lots to think about for Friday's game in Pasadena. Last chance in 2013 for Sark to garner that elusive signature road win (as a veteran Dawg, I'm too old to doog what signature means) and another night game with trick-or-treat costumes substituted for football unis and bowls of ESPN2 candy waiting for Woody while the Huskies and their fans again have no shot at a Rose or BCS Bowl. Has anybody not heard the low rumbling calls for a coaching upgrade? Woody, are you there or still submerged hiding in Snakeoil's pool?

I envy those of you who are travelling south for this one. As a football game against a traditional foe, it will probably be like all the other slobber-knockings we've received from the Bruins in the past on their home turf, but as always, delivered in a beautiful place. I for one have not been impressed by the two most recent Husky blow-out wins over undoubtedly two of the worst programs in major college football, both struggling under new coaching staffs that will likely pass-up Sarkball soon enough.

It's late season when old Dawgs still look for that November surge that used to thrill us to the bone as the Fall chill gets crispy and nature's colors go from brilliant to faded. Lots of the usual Sarktalk about improving with each game as the Huskies work though the final month of another doog season, but there are still the IP, OL holding, and special teams IH's penalties and most frustrating of all, Sark's claims that "we are a run first" offense coupled with one Sankey running play-call followed by 3, 4, or 5 aerials thrown to the flanks or down the field, often too long or too short for sore thumbs.

How can we still care about this propaganda here late in the fifth year of Sark's football program at Montlake? Well, there are still exciting, athletic, and talented Huskies suiting up and going on the field who are fun to watch along with the disappointments that still bring our attention to line-of-scrimmage weaknesses. I will turn on the big screen HD and watch while probably complaining as usual. Hope to see a large and boisterous white, black, pink, or even Purple clad crowd of travelling Dawgfans filling-up one and hopefully both ends of the Rose Bowl. You know it's really true that in that rare event when Huskies win on the road, the colors you wore didn't matter.

Comments

• biak1
    biak1 Member Posts: 3,998
    Options
    Good post tequila.
  • TierbsHsotBoobs
    TierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Options
    I stopped reading after the first sentence.

UCLA has beaten two bowl eligible teams on the road (and Utah could end up being a third).

UW's only road win was over 3-6 (0-5) Illinois.
  • Tailgater
    Tailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Options

UCLA has beaten two bowl eligible teams on the road (and Utah could end up being a third).

Yes, but as any doog will argue, WA's moral victory at Stanford was better than UO's.
    I didn't think it would be necessary to explain to the long-distance reading impaired that in comparing Husky schedule results or status against that of our opponents, I've decided to never again distinguish between road or home venues when comparing scoreboard in anyway while Sark remains a fully incompetent moron on the road. Otherwise, I must ignore comparisons of Husky Football with future opponents like UCLA who generally reside in the upper levels of the Pac-12.

By the way, I consider the Illinois road game to be a moral defeat. C'mon...... sixteen(16) penalties? That can't be considered a Husky victory if for no other reason than because of the smell.

• Gladstone
    Gladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417 Founders Club
    Options
    Tailgater said:

The fact that Sark has no signature road wins in 4.75 seasons at UW comparable to Mora's incredible second half turn-around victory over Nebraska at Lincoln in September should in a reverse-karma kind of way work in the Huskies favor. Sark is obviously due,.... isn't he?

Your logic does not resemble our earth logic.
  • Tailgater
    Options
    LevelPar said:

If you are going to write a lengthy novel then at least include one slut photo.

What about senior, elderly, old, tailgating, golfing, sailing, fly-fishing,.... don't you understand? If you've seen one slut, you've seen em all.

• sarktastic
    sarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Options
    Sark will win this game by at least 2 touchdowns but, it won't be that close.

Sunday morning the LA papers will be clamoring Sark to USC while running Mora out of town
  • greenblood
    greenblood Member Posts: 14,304
    Options
    Tailgater said:

Yes, but as any doog will argue, WA's moral victory at Stanford was better than UO's.
    I didn't think it would be necessary to explain to the long-distance reading impaired that in comparing Husky schedule results or status against that of our opponents, I've decided to never again distinguish between road or home venues when comparing scoreboard in anyway while Sark remains a fully incompetent moron on the road. Otherwise, I must ignore comparisons of Husky Football with future opponents like UCLA who generally reside in the upper levels of the Pac-12.

By the way, I consider the Illinois road game to be a moral defeat. C'mon...... sixteen(16) penalties? That can't be considered a Husky victory if for no other reason than because of the smell.

Tailgater said:

You can't expect to win when you have to play 4-5 PAC 12 road games a year!!
  • Tailgater
    Options
    Any Husky Football program worth it's slobber should never lose on the road to the lower level of Pac-12 teams: CAL, Colorado, Oregon State, Arizona, Utah, or WSU. We play only one of these teams on the road this season and that's Oregon State down in Corvallis in two weeks. As for beating the upper Pac-12 level schools on the road including Oregon, Stanford, ASU, UCLA, and USC, of which we play three away from Husky Stadium in 2013 having already lost to two. Husky Football in my opinion is years away still from being competitive on the road against Pac-12 upper level teams and who knows but with Sark we may never get there.
  • Homebrew_Dawg
    Homebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    Options
    Tailgater said:

Any Husky Football program worth it's slobber should never lose on the road to the lower level of Pac-12 teams: CAL, Colorado, Oregon State, Arizona, Utah, or WSU. We play only one of these teams on the road this season and that's Oregon State down in Corvallis in two weeks. As for beating the upper Pac-12 level schools on the road including Oregon, Stanford, ASU, UCLA, and USC, of which we play three away from Husky Stadium in 2013 having already lost to two. Husky Football in my opinion is years away still from being competitive on the road against Pac-12 upper level teams and who knows but with Sark we will never get there.

More accurate now.
  • MikeDamone
    MikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
  • TheKobeStopper
    TheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Options
    Tailgater said:

LevelPar said:

What about senior, elderly, old, tailgating, golfing, sailing, fly-fishing,.... don't you understand? If you've seen one slut, you've seen em all.

Definitely gay.
  • IrishDawg22
    IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Options
    I stopped reading after the Stanford game.
  • Tailgater
    Options
    Gladstone said:

Tailgater said:

Your logic does not resemble our earth logic.
    There's nothing earthly about FieldTurf nor $9 foot-long hot dogs.

• topdawgnc
    topdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Options
    Tailgater said:

LevelPar said:

What about senior, elderly, old, tailgating, golfing, sailing, fly-fishing,.... don't you understand? If you've seen two holed one slut, you've seen em all'll likely die of full blown AIDS.

• MisterEm
    MisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Options
    topdawgnc said:

Tailgater said:

LevelPar said:

What about senior, elderly, old, tailgating, golfing, sailing, fly-fishing,.... don't you understand? If you've seen two holed one slut, you've seen em all'll likely die of full blown AIDS.

Disagree.

• death2ducks
    death2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Options
    puckmjf said:

sorry.....500 in CONFERENCE games!

We aren't interested in facts here. Leave.

• TierbsHsotBoobs
    TierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Options
    puckmjf said:

PAC-12 teams rarely perform with much consistency. See ASU, Utah and even Stanford and the dux how they played vs UW then vs each other. As for NO signature road wins....most over used term these days but I would submit 2010 win at USC as meaningful at the time. Obviously being good on the road is a big part of just being good. But if numbers turn you on go back four seasons and list how many PAC teams have been .500 or better all four seasons....besides oregon and Stanford. Hint, there is only ONE program.

5-4 in conference play sucks by historical Washington standards and 5-4 will never get Sark a Pac-12 North title, a Rose Bowl, or a Natty.

Hope this helps.
  • PurpleJ
    PurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    Options
    puckmjf said:

But if numbers turn you on go back four seasons and list how many PAC teams have been .500 or better all four seasons....besides oregon and Stanford. Hint, there is only ONE program.

USC