Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky and TSIO Podcast Exclusive: UW Athletics FInancial Forecast for 2017

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,518 Standard Supporter
    Not surprising. Bull Moose doesn't have a Sugar Daddy to cover up his drunken sailor tendencies like he did at Oregon.

Cuogs look at him like some kind of Svengali.

• priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    Gaye revenue from football sounds like it might lead to an NCAA violation. Please stop your reporting on it.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    We'll find out if you guys have a great coach if you have staying power. If you go right back to being the coogs, well then....
    edited April 2017

We'll find out if you guys have a great coach if you have staying power. If you go right back to being the coogs, well then....

You just wrote that with a straight face?!?

Oregon has a career assistant with a slightly better than .500 career record.

Washington just played in the final four with one of the highest winning percentage coaches in the country.

So tell me you're trying to whoosh everyone here?
    Oregon's had Chip Kelly, a duckade and several years of being a PAC 12 dynasty and two appearances in the natty within 4 years of each other. UW hasn't proven itself yet.

Washington just played in the final four with one of the highest winning percentage coaches in the country.

Oregon's had Chip Kelly, a duckade and several years of being a PAC 12 dynasty and two appearances in the natty within 4 years of each other. UW hasn't proven itself yet.
    Oregon's performance under Chip Kelly is irrelevant. He is no longer a variable in their future results.

If he were to come back, that's a different conversation.

But, as you can see, the UW now has the proven commodity. And Oregon has either the next Chip Kelly or the next Ty.

And even @GrandpaSankey can see which is which.
  • Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    *Yawn*

Well this thread went off the rails.

Oregon's performance under Chip Kelly is irrelevant. He is no longer a variable in their future results.

But, as you can see, the UW now has the proven commodity. And Oregon has either the next Chip Kelly or the next Ty.

The proven commodity goes all the way to the natty and nothing less. Even better if its a win.

The proven commodity goes all the way to the natty and nothing less. Even better if its a win.
    Your circular logic just admitted Taggart is an unproven commodity.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Why did Oregon fire its proven commodity then?
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Is this a podcast?

I fucking hate you.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,474 Swaye's Wigwam

So would you say Oregon more closely identifies with the Buffalo Bills or Minnesota Vikings?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Dominating like this in year 3 with recruiting going the way it is makes it a relatively safe bet. The next best coach is probabaly at Oregon State, the guy after him just got ass-rammed in Seattle and couldn't buy offense, the guy after him is trying to compete with Troy Williams, and the guys after him work in Pullman or has Ivan molding his players.

If you want to rip on Pete, the way to do it is to point out how absolutely shit tier the rest of the coaching is in the PAC. I mean, in 2016 we still had holes all over the fucking roster, but won the conference rather easily. The holes won't be there going forward.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    haie said:

Dominating like this in year 3 with recruiting going the way it is makes it a relatively safe bet. The next best coach is probabaly at Oregon State, the guy after him just got ass-rammed in Seattle and couldn't buy offense, the guy after him is trying to compete with Troy Williams, and the guys after him work in Pullman or has Ivan molding his players.

If you want to rip on Pete, the way to do it is to point out how absolutely shit tier the rest of the coaching is in the PAC. I mean, in 2016 we still had holes all over the fucking roster, but won the conference rather easily. The holes won't be there going forward.
    I like holes. I like to put things in them.