Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If we win out, we've turned a corner

Options
10-3 (and a top 15-20 finish) would have to be considered a success, and I don't know how any of you could deny that.

Comments

• dhdawg
    dhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Options
    key word being if. I'll agree with u if it includes also bringing in top lineman in recruiting which is something that should come with 10 wins. However this is all moot cause it's never happening
  • Gladstone
    Gladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417 Founders Club
    Options
    no one is denying 10-3 would be incremental progress

see you in two weeks
  • ExtraChrisB
    ExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    Options
    Gladstone said:

no one is denying 10-3 would be incremental progress

see you in two weeks

I think a win in Pasadena makes the OSU game a lock. A loss in Pasadena makes the OSU game a near certain loss IMO. Big game this week.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This team is losing their next two games. Sark has proven he can't beat decent/good teams on the road.

He has only two road wins against teams with winning records in his career. One was against Lane Kiffin and the other was Utah.

I rest my fucking case.
  • loadsock
    loadsock Member Posts: 686
    Options
    10 wins looks impressive to the outsider who doesn't see that we got absolutely destroyed by the more elite teams in the conference. 9 wins will be an easy feat next year when one actually looks at our schedule.

Nothing can be described as incremental progress until 7 stops getting blown out by Oregon, stops the damn 3-4 game losing streak, and knocks off at least one or 2 of the elite teams in the conference.
  • ExtraChrisB
    ExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    Options
    loadsock said:

10 wins looks impressive to the outsider who doesn't see that we got absolutely destroyed by the more elite teams in the conference. 9 wins will be an easy feat next year when one actually looks at our schedule.

Nothing can be described as incremental progress until 7 stops getting blown out by Oregon, stops the damn 3-4 game losing streak, and knocks off at least one or 2 of the elite teams in the conference.

Hyperbole if I've ever seen it.

I'm not one to accept moral victories, not at all, but to say we got "absolutely destroyed" is a damn lie. We got blown out in one game (ASU), let another get away from us late (Oregon), and should have beaten the best team in the conference (Stanford).

I know the doom and gloom is your schtick but come on. Am I happy with the season so far? Hell no. Shit I was calling for Sark's head after ASU. But to argue that winning the final 6 to end the season 10-3 isn't improvement is ludicrous.

Now, if we come out and shit the bed next week, that changes everything.
  • NeGgaPlEaSe
    NeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2013
    Options

10-3 (and a top 15-20 finish) would have to be considered a success, and I don't know how any of you could deny that.

10-3 with wins against Idaho, A down Boise State, horrible Colorado and fcktarded Cal that shour be in the WAC and an Illinois team that has not won a big 10 game in how long?

Yep Washington is back!

• MisterEm
    MisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2013
    Options

loadsock said:

I'm not one to accept moral victories, not at all, but to say we got "absolutely destroyed" is a damn lie. We got blown out in one game (ASU), let another get away from us late (Oregon), and should have beaten the best team in the conference (Stanford).
    Dooging it up is your shtick, apparently.

Unlike Kim G. Or Chris F., the HHB guys like facts and data over context and emotions.

Facts you should recheck.

1. Losing by 20 points is an ass kicking any way you spin it - regardless of 3rd quarter scores. Ask any NCAA coach worth his salt and see how they feel about a couple of 20 point whoopings when your team is going Through A "special" season.

2. I checked espn, NCAA.com, and CFBstats.com. Couldn't find any stats related to score at the end of 3rd quarter? Why don't the professionals keep track of scores after 3 quarters?

3. Tyrone Willingham took the paltry dogs to a tie score into the 4th against the ranked Ducks in 2007. Final score - a 55-24 plunger rape. So you must like Ty?

4. The Special Teams stayed home against Stanford and laid an egg. That is a coaching deficiency, not a moral victory.

5. There are no moral victories in big boy football.

Looks like doogman is more your style. If you need help around here, PM Irisdoog22. He has this place dialed in.

• DerekJohnson
    DerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,750 Founders Club
    Options
    Did UCLA let the Oregon game "get away from them"?

No, the Bruins got whipped. But for Sark, it got away from him. Interesting.
  • Mad_Son
    Mad_Son Member Posts: 10,129
    Options
    How can you turn a corner if you are in the same place as ever? We can still beat mediocre teams but not good ones...
  • LevelPar
    LevelPar Member Posts: 447
    Options
    Mad_Son said:

How can you turn a corner if you are in the same place as ever? We can still beat mediocre teams but not good ones...

It's called running in circles
  • Haid_D_Salaami
    Haid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    Options
    UW "turned the corner" on a crisp December night, in San Diego, back in 2010.
    Because THIS is Sark's ceiling. Sure...the occasional 9 or 10 win season will come along. And all the doogs will wet their panties. But even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

No program as soft, undisciplined and lacking in solid fundamental football will ever be a serious national contender.

And nothing in recent history has given me any reason to believe that Sark will win in either Corvallis or Pasadena

But hey...anytime you play in Pasadena it's "special" right?
  • gmo
    gmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647 Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so Pac-12 records year to year if we finish out 3-0

4-5
    5-4
    5-4
    5-4
    6-3

6-3 should buy him one more year if UW still cared about football. It doesn't so that would buy him another extension.

I (like just about everyone on here) think we lose 1-2 more which would put us back at 5-4 or 4-5. Rinse repeat for the foreseeable future until we get a real winner to lead the charge.
  • mobey
    mobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Options

loadsock said:

I know the doom and gloom is your schtick but come on. Am I happy with the season so far? Hell no. Shit I was calling for Sark's head after ASU. But to argue that winning the final 6 to end the season 10-3 isn't improvement is ludicrous.

Now, if we come out and shit the bed next week, that changes everything.
    Yes, hopefully the bowl committee will realize we really only have like one loss, because we kind of beat Stanford if you watched the game and certainly the 21 point loss at home to Oregon was a win because it took them until after half time to finish the job.
  • AlCzervik
    AlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    Options

I don't deal in hypotheticals.

Doogs gotta doog.
  • RoadDawg55
    RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options

6-3 in conference play is the bare minimum of incremental progress. I guess it's "success", but it's really shitty success.
    This. It's progress, but who gives a shit? We are still a middle tier team and we be one again next year.