Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lonzo Ball says 'I'm better than' fellow draft prospect Markelle Fultz

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Neither makes an All-Star game more than maybe once or twice in their career.

Disagree if Fultz goes to the Eastern Conference as I expect. If he ends up in the west then I agree. But Kemba Walker was an eastern conference all star this year. Fultz can be better than Walker.
    So he can MAYBE beat out the worst guy on the East team?

Dude, they're both good role players. Probably starters since they'll be drafted by a shit team. But All-Stars? Nope.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Disagree if Fultz goes to the Eastern Conference as I expect. If he ends up in the west then I agree. But Kemba Walker was an eastern conference all star this year. Fultz can be better than Walker.

Dude, they're both good role players. Probably starters since they'll be drafted by a shit team. But All-Stars? Nope.
    Not maybe. He can. And will.

If he goes to the Eastern Conference I'd take the over at 3.5 ASG's. Get all the screenshots you need.

He's going to score 22 a game with six or seven assists for a decade. He's probably not a superstar but he'll be a star rather easily, baring injury of course.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

If he goes to the Eastern Conference I'd take the over at 3.5 ASG's. Get all the screenshots you need.

He's going to score 22 a game with six or seven assists for a decade. He's probably not a superstar but he'll be a star rather easily, baring injury of course.
    Will he put up numbers for a loser team? Sure.

That's not the same as being recognized as one of the best in the game.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

dnc said:

Can't we just be happy Fultz might be the best player on some 18-64 team?
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Hopefully he'll be putting numbers up for Boston. They've got like a 25% shot at getting him. Him and IT would be a fun combo.

In the more likely event that doesn't happen, yeah he'll probably be putting up numbers on a shit team, at least for awhile. Like most top picks.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Hopefully he'll be putting numbers up for Boston. They've got like a 25% shot at getting him. Him and IT would be a fun combo.

In the more likely event that doesn't happen, yeah he'll probably be putting up numbers on a shit team, at least for awhile. Like most top picks.
    If Boston drafts him he rides the bench.

HTH
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If Boston gets either Ball or Fultz there is a decent chance IT gets traded
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If Boston gets either Ball or Fultz there is a decent chance IT gets traded

That would be retarded.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    If Ball played for the Dawgs this year, no one would have a clue who he was. His game won't translate to any scenario where he isn't surrounded by a quality supporting cast.

If Fultz played for UCLA this year, they'd still be playing.
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DHD said:

If Ball played for the Dawgs this year, no one would have a clue who he was. His game won't translate to any scenario where he isn't surrounded by a quality supporting cast.

Agree, Ball is more of a passer, no one on our team can do shit when they get the ball so a passer like ball wont help our team
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DHD said:

Fultz comes in and fixes UCLA's interior defense? That's pretty impressive.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Reading this thread I just realized, some of you may actually watch NBA basketball.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    J Kidd couldn't shoot either. Never saw Fultz but he chose Romar and he's hurt so hes a pussy until he isn't

Ball can run the show. Playmakers are valuable
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i didnt read any of the poasts in this thread but i think with actual coaching fultz could/likely will be good.

ball has daddy issues and his mom isnt hot so there will be no curry corollary.

i know why:

• Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

If Boston drafts him he rides the bench.

HTH
    As currently constructed, probably yes.

But if they take him #1 they're not taking him to bench him. In that event they move either Bradley or Crowder.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    edited March 2017

i didnt read any of the poasts in this thread but i think with actual coaching fultz could/likely will be good.

ball has daddy issues and his mom isnt hot so there will be no curry corollary.

i know why:

Flagged for mom's yoga pants.

So much for United Airlines endorsement money.

Mom is ok hot for an overweight 2ppg bigmouthed brutha who likes big butts and he cannot lie.

For the rest of us...no, she's like a 4.

Real Cuog ballers hit this:

• Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    This thread has aids.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Just goes to show how short term some of you think ...

Boston's window isn't the next few years ... it is the next decade ...

Their next core is this pick plus Jaylen Brown ...

If they draft Fultz/Ball they are moving a guard for likely front court help ...

IT has one year left on his deal and will likely be trying to get a 4-5 year deal in the 30-35 million plus range ...

If you were a NBA GM ... would you be interested in banking the balance of your cap on an undersized guard that can be a defensive liability for a team whose calling card is defense? Particularly when you could likely sign both Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart for similar cap space? Sign IT and you assuredly lose one if not both ...

These are the difficult decisions that GMs face on players ... Boston will never be able to get more for IT than right now ...

It's what the Pats would do ... sell a year early versus a year too late