Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fred Hoidberg is the perfect replacement for Romar at Washington

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He would be a good hire. He's done bad in the NBA but the Bulls are a mess.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The logic that hiring Hoiberg to keep Porter Jr is beyond FS. The only thing that keeps Porter is if Porter Sr is hired as head coach. And that is beyond beyond FS.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The logic that hiring Hoiberg to keep Porter Jr is beyond FS. The only thing that keeps Porter is if Porter Sr is hired as head coach. And that is beyond beyond FS.

Nah, there are other ways to keep MPJ, all of which involve hiring a HC who will hire Porter Sr, and being willing to outbid everyone else for Porter Sr's services.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How is porter Sr getting hired on by whatever school his son goes to not a recruiting violation? Is this a normal practice? Im sure it's happened before but this porter bullshit is the first I've ever heard of it
  • Options
    phineas said:

How is porter Sr getting hired on by whatever school his son goes to not a recruiting violation? Is this a normal practice? Im sure it's happened before but this porter bullshit is the first I've ever heard of it

Goes all the way back to Ed and Danny Manning in the 80's.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Damn. I'm a little out of the loop
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,858
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    So the NCAA is okay with that, but if a coach buys a player a hamburger at BK, it's a violation.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So the NCAA is okay with that, but if a coach buys a player a hamburger at BK, it's a violation.

That SHOULD be a violation. Why in the fucking world would you buy a recruit fucking Burger King unless you were trying to steer him away?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #themayor is a good coach, but I dunno if he's a good fit as a west coast recruiter.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Fuck the Porter's
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Tequilla said:

Fuck the Porter's

• Options
    tenndawg said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck the Porter's

And fuck the valets, and the bellhops, and the asshole elevator operator, fuck the reservations clerk and the chambermaids - fuck everyone that works at hotels...

And if you mean porters at train stations, especially fuck them - subservient bitches
    I said no racist crap.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Fuck the Porter's

Your brevity is noted.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

Fuck the Porter's

Did you expect them to stay or something?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Fuck the Porter's

Fuck them period ...

Fuck Romar for trying to buy Porter's kids by putting pops on staff at a compensation level greater than his other assistants ...

Fuck Porter for pimping his sons out for a college assistant job and collecting money for doing nothing more than having good offspring ...

Fuck the Porter's for getting home schooled and really only showing up on the Hale campus to play basketball ...

Both of the kids are good to great players ... I have nothing against them per se ...

But at the same time, the only reason they entered the mindset of the University of Washington was because of some shady bullshit ... easy come and easy go

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck the Porter's

Fuck them period ...

Fuck Romar for trying to buy Porter's kids by putting pops on staff at a compensation level greater than his other assistants ...

Fuck Porter for pimping his sons out for a college assistant job and collecting money for doing nothing more than having good offspring ...

Fuck the Porter's for getting home schooled and really only showing up on the Hale campus to play basketball ...

Both of the kids are good to great players ... I have nothing against them per se ...

But at the same time, the only reason they entered the mindset of the University of Washington was because of some shady bullshit ... easy come and easy go

Their personal relationship with Romar played a role as well.

Not debating the Manning-esque shade factor, but who cares? It's not even against the rules.

They're great players. Romar's abilities as a HC aside, I want great players on the team, even if they don't BLEED purple and PISS gold.