Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Was it jimmy or the joes?

79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Everyones on the jock of jimmy lake. No denying his recruiting abilities, but are "we" over inflating his reputation as a coach? After the combine performance of the dbs, I think I could've coached them to an all conference level also. Discuss.

For the record. I know I actually couldn't coach anyone to all conference level. Its an expression asshole.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, what was the point of going to college and getting coached by Jimmy Lake? They should have all just chilled for 3 years or gone to a juco, then crushed it at the combine.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Missing the point Anton, great avitar btw, is he that great of a coach or is he just looking great because he had three potential 1st round athletes in his secondary.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Missing the point Anton, great avitar btw, is he that great of a coach or is he just looking great because he had three potential 1st round athletes in his secondary.

Budda was a 4 star, Jones was a low ranked 3 star (I think), and I have no idea about King.

But it's highly unlikely it was just great recruiting. Downplaying coaching and focusing on recruiting, facilities, the location of the games being played, the weather, the altitude, the age of the players etc. is doogman shit

Coaching is everything
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah, coaching is everything. We will see what he does with a bunch of new starters this year and see if he's for real.....king and smj were just three stars but their athleticism didnt drastically change. They were overlooked. It's a forever question with no true answer. Id believe more in lake if he had a db at the combine running a 4.7 and jumping 26". But when his guys are at the top of the class for testing, you lean toward the credit going to the players.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Yeah, coaching is everything. We will see what he does with a bunch of new starters this year and see if he's for real.....king and smj were just three stars but their athleticism didnt drastically change. They were overlooked. It's a forever question with no true answer. Id believe more in lake if he had a db at the combine running a 4.7 and jumping 26". But when his guys are at the top of the class for testing, you lean toward the credit going to the players.

You are fucking stupid. Why the fuck would you even take a DB with those measureables unless it's the coog who is forced to take em.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's circular ... great players with talent maximized
  • Options
    RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Hamden sucked as a coach as well since Ross ran a 4.22? Seriously you have no clue. Football is so much more than combine measurables. Plus I know he was at safety but king his first year was awful looked weak and confused. By the way what NFL corner runs a 4.7?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Going into last season, a majority of posters were worried about our defense
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    what the fuck is this thread
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    You should pm @jhfstyle24. He does not have HH dialed-in but I got a feeling you guys will get a long.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

what the fuck is this thread

Kill it with fire.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Athletic ability is one thing. Knowing how to use it full speed in a game is coaching and talent.

Even in the dark decade we had athletes. Ty had players drafted. Some really great athletes that made it in the NFL despite no college coaching or success.

There is a big difference.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Finally the board woke up. Springball cant come soon enough....

Weakarm, way to come to the board in 2016. Im sure your year of experience here as the village idiot makes you the resident expert.... DIAFF

I think the answer is what tequilla wrote you need both great talent and coaching to maximize ones ability.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Weakarm, way to come to the board in 2016. Im sure your year of experience here as the village idiot makes you the resident expert.... DIAFF

I think the answer is what tequilla wrote you need both great talent and coaching to maximize ones ability.

NO.FUCKING.SHIT.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Going into last season, a majority of posters were worried about our defense

Untrue.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How quickly people forget getting torched for 7 TDs and 475 yards passing by Vernon Adams and EWU in the 2014 home opener.

The secondary has improved consistently and rapidly under Lake for three straight years.

It isn't just one or two guys either- the improvement is across the board. How many complete washouts have there been for players that stayed? Brandon Lewis and that is it?

Next man up. Rapp, Jojo, Miller, Murphy...the secondary will be fine.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Yo, I am running away with the village idiot of the year award this year. It is not even close.