Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whats your crowning athletic achievement?

Comments

• Options
    Uncle_RicoUncle_Rico Member Posts: 24
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2017
    dnc said:
    I impregnated 3 flag girls after the state championship game in '92. Had to turn down offers from Shula, Sandusky, Baird, Center, Ossai, etc. in order to handle my responsibilities.

Funny thing is, the babies never came. Bunch of reverse-Mary types 'round here.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I was the MVP of the Seattle Elite League 14u playoffs, which my team won.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Baseball isn't a sport.
  • Options

Baseball isn't a sport.
    It is more of a sport than ultimate, cross country, pool, bowling, cheerleading, golf, chess, fencing and quidditch, among others, and it definitely takes more skill.

Now, I will be the first to admit that baseball does not require tons of athleticism. But it takes a lot of skill and hand-eye coordination to hit an 85-mph fastball, when you have .45 of a second to react. And I would also point out that you have to be incredibly tough to play the sport, although it isn't as bad as rugby or football or hockey or lacrosse or any full-contact sport.
  • Options

Baseball isn't a sport.
    It is more of a sport than ultimate, cross country, pool, bowling, cheerleading, golf, chess, fencing and quidditch, among others, and it definitely takes more skill.

Now, I will be the first to admit that baseball does not require tons of athleticism. But it takes a lot of skill and hand-eye coordination to hit an 85-mph fastball, when you have .45 of a second to react. And I would also point out that you have to be incredibly tough to play the sport, although it isn't as bad as rugby or football or hockey or lacrosse or any full-contact sport.
    You eat on the bench and spit seeds while playing cock scotch on the bench.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

lol - did you just compare your glory sport to cheerleading , pool and chess?

Among others, I mean.

Cheerleaders die every year
  • Options

Baseball isn't a sport.

I don't know about you, but I certainly do not sit on the bench.

Also, why the fuck do you play cock scotch on the bench? Your team sounds like an awful experience.
  • Options
    dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

No, I listed a bunch of "sports" that are less of a sport than baseball.

My point was that if you say baseball isn't a sport, then none of those can be called a sport.
  • Options

Baseball isn't a sport.

I don't know about you, but I certainly do not sit on the bench.

Also, why the fuck do you play cock scotch on the bench? Your team sounds like an awful experience.
    Why the fuck would i do an activity that requires no athletic ability? Never played baseball. Have fun playing cock scotch and 2 boys and cup in the dugout, fucko.
  • Options

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

My point was that if you say baseball isn't a sport, then none of those can be called a sport.
    Cheerleading, pool, and chess have never been labeled as a sport. Curling is more of sport than baseball.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

He mentioned something called quidditch (what the fuck is that) sounds like a very faggy activity... It's friday tomorrow, who's preparing the ceremony?
  • Options

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

Cheerleading, pool, and chess have never been labeled as a sport. Curling is more of sport than baseball.
    That's not remotely close to true. Cheerleading, pool, and chess are all generally recognized as sports.
    In general, a sport is a game of skill or strategy played by one or more persons in competition against an opposing team, which defines chess and pool as sports. Cheerleading is more of an athletic activity under that definition, but because it's not easy, many call it a sport.
  • Options

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

That's not remotely close to true. Cheerleading, pool, and chess are all generally recognized as sports.
    In general, a sport is a game of skill or strategy played by one or more persons in competition against an opposing team, which defines chess and pool as sports. Cheerleading is more of an athletic activity under that definition, but because it's not easy, many call it a sport.
    Bye bye Ms. American pie.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

Chess has never been considered a sport.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like,a meet up at 7-11 might be in order fellas.
  • Options

Aurora. 7-11.8 pm. I gotta get my beauty sleep can't do any later.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Aurora. 7-11.8 pm. I gotta get my beauty sleep can't do any later.
    In the U dist?