Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breaking...

...wind over here after some coarse Mexican at lunch.

Huff seems like a good hire and he sounds capable of getting more big-time recruits on the OL.

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

HFNY said:

...wind over here after some coarse Mexican at lunch.

Huff seems like a good hire and he sounds capable of getting more big-time recruits on the OL.

An orange cone could get more big-time recruits than the previous guy.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Just looking at historical resumes it appears to me to be really convoluted trying to figure how much was Huff and how much was Strausser as there's a lot of overlap ...

There's a good chance that this hire to me falls into the LIPO territory ... but I've got a lot of research to still complete.

With Lubick, there's reason to believe up front that the hire is a good one and a no brainer ... don't think the same can be said for Huff.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Just looking at historical resumes it appears to me to be really convoluted trying to figure how much was Huff and how much was Strausser as there's a lot of overlap ...

There's a good chance that this hire to me falls into the LIPO territory ... but I've got a lot of research to still complete.

With Lubick, there's reason to believe up front that the hire is a good one and a no brainer ... don't think the same can be said for Huff.

There's no fucking research to do. You wait it out and see if Huff's OL plays well and if he can recruit.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

There's no fucking research to do. You wait it out and see if Huff's OL plays well and if he can recruit.
    Educated opinions come from doing the necessary research
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So what questions are you researching and how do you plan to prove/disprove them?
  • Options
    DeepSeaZ said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So what questions are you researching and how do you plan to prove/disprove them?
    The most recent podcast goes into this in greater detail ...

I had no strong opinions going into the research ... but given the back/forth between Strausser/Huff at Boise I wanted to try to see if there was evidence of performance being better/worse under one in or the other while also comparing the projected lag that comes from recruiting and on-field production.

Long story short my research basically showed that there wasn't a material on-field performance difference between Strausser and Huff ... Strausser's performance perhaps just slightly better but you have to also consider potentially a little better recruiting coming from Huff as well as Boise's transition from the WAC to Mountain West.

For Huff, it's all going to come down to whether he's an upgrade from a recruiting standpoint. @CokeGreaterThanPepsi did some research regarding Huff's recruiting at Boise that wasn't encouraging.

My gut at this point just says that we got a younger version of Strausser that may be able to get one of our higher end guys here and there that we are targeting ... but I don't see any evidence that would suggests that he will compete well against the higher end OL coaches in the conference from a recruiting standpoint.