Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2016 UW vs. 1991 UW

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited March 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
Go!

2016 UW vs. 1991 UW 33 votes

15%
ThomasFremontDennis_DeYounghaieFremontTrollazumah 5 votes
84%
TierbsHsotBoobsTommySQCCFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonFire_Marshall_BillSwayevadawgDawgtonaMad_SonPassionDeepSeaZPurpleJ79smoothdawgGladstonedncdrogginsMadHuskyTheHB2001400exTequilla 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    azumahazumah Member Posts: 21
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The only reason I voted for 2016 is I think football has evolved so much since then. Our defense would get exposed, and I think 2016 defense would be able to contain our 1991 offense.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    azumah said:

The only reason I voted for 2016 is I think football has evolved so much since then. Our defense would get exposed, and I think 2016 defense would be able to contain our 1991 offense.

Stop
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

GO DAWGS!!!!
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,869
    Standard Supporter
    azumah said:

But then we have to consider when the game would be played. If the game gets played in 1991, then all the players on the 2016 team would be suddenly born in the early 70s and late 60s, and therefore only have access to the training and coaching available during that era. If the game gets played in 2016, then the 1991 team gets to be born later and have access to all the improvements in training, coaching, and equipment.

But then that would mean neither team would resemble the team it was when it played during their respective time. And that would make the entire idea of comparing the 2 teams silly.

I suppose we could always imagine a scenario where time machines are a thing that exist, and that the 2016 team climbs into a time machine and travels back to the year 1991 to challenge them to a game. But come on...imagine if you're a player for the 1991 team, and all of a sudden this strange machine appears out of nowhere, and all these guys wearing futuristic looking Washington Husky football uniforms (that have black in them for reasons you don't understand) start to get out. That would scare the shit out of you, and likely affect your ability to perform at 100% of your athletic capabilities.

That's why the best way to look at this question is to see which team was more dominant in the era they played in, while considering the competition they faced. Once the time machine is invented, then we can explore other ways to answer these questions.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

azumah said:

But then we have to consider when the game would be played. If the game gets played in 1991, then all the players on the 2016 team would be suddenly born in the early 70s and late 60s, and therefore only have access to the training and coaching available during that era. If the game gets played in 2016, then the 1991 team gets to be born later and have access to all the improvements in training, coaching, and equipment.

But then that would mean neither team would resemble the team it was when it played during their respective time. And that would make the entire idea of comparing the 2 teams silly.

I suppose we could always imagine a scenario where time machines are a thing that exist, and that the 2016 team climbs into a time machine and travels back to the year 1991 to challenge them to a game. But come on...imagine if you're a player for the 1991 team, and all of a sudden this strange machine appears out of nowhere, and all these guys wearing futuristic looking Washington Husky football uniforms (that have black in them for reasons you don't understand) start to get out. That would scare the shit out of you, and likely affect your ability to perform at 100% of your athletic capabilities.

That's why the best way to look at this question is to see which team was more dominant in the era they played in, while considering the competition they faced. Once the time machine is invented, then we can explore other ways to answer these questions.
    If you put the 2016 team in a time machine they'd be all starstruck by that Stan Emptermann guy
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

#90 vs Nick Harris ... LOL

#90 vs the entire 2016 oline. LOL
    I'd give Adams, McGary and Eldrenkamp at least a decent chance to hold their own ... Center and Nick Harris would get absolutely abused
  • Options
    azumahazumah Member Posts: 21
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

azumah said:

TL;DR there's a shit load of variables that have to be considered.

If you're looking at how dominant the team was relative to their respective era, then there's no question the '91 team is superior.

I was simply taking the "walking on the shoulders of giants" approach when making my analysis. I think if you gave both teams generic uniforms and game tape of each other and had a month to prepare, in my opinion the 2016 team would have the advantage. They have the higher football IQ thanks to great football that came before them (including the '91 team), and I think sports science has made huge strides in the last 25 years.

Just like when someone asked Wayne Gretzky how he would do if he played today. He just laughed and said he wouldn't even get drafted.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Plus Pettis/Ross/Chico would have been decapitated by Shane P and Tommie S when Jake throws his pop fly's up in the air to them. One makes the int, the other kills them.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    How many more votes to get this thing to 81%?
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,981
    Its 2017 retards
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

god damn fuck the offseason, offseason needs to find a fucking fire and jump in.

The Tug delivers on occasion.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The 1991 team was very similar to the 2016 Bama team. Stout defense. Adequate QB that can score at times. Rolled over almost everyone.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Brownshorts making plays with Donald Jones and Andy Mason coming at him from both edges.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

The 1991 team was very similar to the 2016 Bama team. Stout defense. Adequate QB that can score at times. Rolled over almost everyone.

The defenses were similar. 91 UW had a significantly better offense than 16 Bama.