Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Contenders With Easiest Non-Conference Schedules

2»

Comments

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

It's a non-issue IMO provided that we handle our business yet again.

The PAC should be slightly better this year than last year so that will help ... winning some non-conference games should play well.

The reality is that there are 5 conference champions for 4 spots because the odds that Notre Dame is in the picture is slim to none ... better chance that Brian Kelly gets fired.

SEC: Alabama will likely be there again ... I don't see anybody else in the SEC that will run through the league with less than 2 losses because there's a lot of mediocrity in place.

ACC: Clemson should take a step back ... Florida State should be well positioned provided that they can run the table after what should likely be an early loss to Alabama.

Big 10: What will we get from Ohio State and/or Penn State. One will cancel the other out and there's always Michigan in place to throw a wrench into plans. Can Sparty rebound? Does Wisconsin throw a wrench into someone's plans Given their general performance on the big stage at the end of the season, I don't see a lot of margin for error.

Big 12: They have a conference championship game this year. The noise is all for Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield back ... but I would bet on the field to win the Big 12 title. Oklahoma State will be good. Kansas State should be good. Who knows what you are going to get from Texas. What's West Virginia going to bring? There's a lot of reason to think that TCU will rebound. Hard to see the winner getting out of the league with less than 2 losses.

PAC 12: Provided UW and USC take care of business, you're looking at a Top 5 game for the PAC title game ... the winner will be in no questions asked. The bigger question that I see is what happens if both enter the game 12-0 ... does the loser (if a close game) get left out at the expense of a potentially a 1 or 2 loss team from another conference?

I started reading this then I got a notification that some 42 year old in Lake Tapps liked my profile. What was that again?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

The PAC should be slightly better this year than last year so that will help ... winning some non-conference games should play well.

The reality is that there are 5 conference champions for 4 spots because the odds that Notre Dame is in the picture is slim to none ... better chance that Brian Kelly gets fired.

SEC: Alabama will likely be there again ... I don't see anybody else in the SEC that will run through the league with less than 2 losses because there's a lot of mediocrity in place.

ACC: Clemson should take a step back ... Florida State should be well positioned provided that they can run the table after what should likely be an early loss to Alabama.

Big 10: What will we get from Ohio State and/or Penn State. One will cancel the other out and there's always Michigan in place to throw a wrench into plans. Can Sparty rebound? Does Wisconsin throw a wrench into someone's plans Given their general performance on the big stage at the end of the season, I don't see a lot of margin for error.

Big 12: They have a conference championship game this year. The noise is all for Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield back ... but I would bet on the field to win the Big 12 title. Oklahoma State will be good. Kansas State should be good. Who knows what you are going to get from Texas. What's West Virginia going to bring? There's a lot of reason to think that TCU will rebound. Hard to see the winner getting out of the league with less than 2 losses.

PAC 12: Provided UW and USC take care of business, you're looking at a Top 5 game for the PAC title game ... the winner will be in no questions asked. The bigger question that I see is what happens if both enter the game 12-0 ... does the loser (if a close game) get left out at the expense of a potentially a 1 or 2 loss team from another conference?

I actually disagree and believe that the conversation was signifantly evolved by the media to punish teams like ours and out 2 big 10 in. It would not surprise me at all if this season replicated itself that we would be out.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    koopdog said:

Tequilla said:

I started reading this then I got a notification that some 42 year old in Lake Tapps liked my profile. What was that again?
    You know the rules.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,008
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Get more sports is your source?

Seriously, I stopped reading after I saw Baylor Kansas State listed as a contender.

I know you're being sarcastic but Baylor was listed first.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,008
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

No.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Cal to high!

I came

here for this.