Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Talked to a Player About the Lawnmower

2»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2013
    What I noticed was Belton (is that his name) doing it alone for the first several games. Then a few players joined in sort of a mocking way. The were sort of making fun of it. Then more players joined in. I'm still thinking most of the players did it as a goof.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

What I noticed was Belton (is that his name) doing it alone for the first several games. Then a few players joined in sort of a mocking way. The were sort of making fun of it. Then more players joined in. I'm still thinking most of the players did it as a goof.

If this is the case, it's yet another example of how soft Sark is. Any coach or leader doesn't need to be Pat Hill TUFF to instill discipline in a team.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Belton (?) did start it. I remember reading an article about him and his lawnmower dance. I think you are right about it starting as a goof, but I think the lawnmower got to the point where you weren't being a team player if you didn't participate. I found it odd they had assistant strength coaches going up and down the sidelines encouraging players to join in. These guys are not 11 years old, and it is weird for anyone in the program to treat them as such.

• Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    We may have 0-12, but that lawn mower fucktardness may be rock bottom for this program. Sark and Woody not firing that fool speaks volumes.
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY1b5zsHR-I 2:11:00 to start watching Corky's Kids in action.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,249
    Founders Club
    Husky Football is dead.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Husky Football is dead.

Don't agree. We have been on a miserable run, but there's no reason we can't make it back to the top. It all depends on the coach. UW will never be a great team without a great coach. It's as simple as that.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Husky Football is dead.

Don't agree. We have been on a miserable run, but there's no reason we can't make it back to the top. It all depends on the coach. UW will never be a great team without a great coach. It's as simple as that.

What makes you think woody will hire a great coach?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Husky Football is dead.

What makes you think woody will hire a great coach?
    Well hopefully him and Sark are a package deal and when we ax Sark, Woody goes as well. You raise a nice point though. It is hard to trust Woody to hire the right guy.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The season is over
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The season is over

Did we win?
  • Options
    fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Why do you guys insist on bringing things up from before Christmas? That's over. Let's move on.