Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The late Reggie Rodgers was 6'6"

2»

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Can't we get back to talking about my fantasy baseball team?

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/categories/nba-

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

NEsnake12 said:

Outside of Benning and O'Brien who do you see as a leading candidate at BUCK in 2017?

Azeem.
    I've seen this get passed around a decent amount in the short time I've been active on this site. He would probably be the best option on the roster, but I just can't see him switching positions for his r.Sr year when he's going to be a MLB at the next level anyway.
    Mathis switched positions his last year and so did Feeney. Also - I guarantee they are not worried about what he's going to play in the NFL.

I think our best 11 on D are probably:

DT: Gaines, Vea
    BUCK: Benning
    SAM: Zeem
    MIK: Tevis
    WIL: Kei
    CB: Miller
    CB: Murphy
    NICK: ?? Joyner
    S: JoJo
    S: Rapp

The thing is, you just don't know what the coaches are thinking so they could have some plan to change things a bit. But the key clue about our current style is that they are recruiting to it. They talk about the nickel position and they never say D-End in recruiting. They only recruit BUCKs/SAMs.

Also - Benning didn't bulk because he's the body type they want - and, as you said, he's an athletic freak. He's tall and fast - and although he is big, he's not a wide guy. Jaylen is slow, Levi is slow, Ali Gaye is slow, Jason Scrempos is slow, etc.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

NEsnake12 said:

Outside of Benning and O'Brien who do you see as a leading candidate at BUCK in 2017?

Azeem.
    I've seen this get passed around a decent amount in the short time I've been active on this site. He would probably be the best option on the roster, but I just can't see him switching positions for his r.Sr year when he's going to be a MLB at the next level anyway.
    Mathis switched positions his last year and so did Feeney. Also - I guarantee they are not worried about what he's going to play in the NFL.

The thing is, you just don't know what the coaches are thinking so they could have some plan to change things a bit. But the key clue about our current style is that they are recruiting to it. They talk about the nickel position and they never say D-End in recruiting. They only recruit BUCKs/SAMs.

Also - Benning didn't bulk because he's the body type they want - and, as you said, he's an athletic freak. He's tall and fast - and although he is big, he's not a wide guy. Jaylen is slow, Levi is slow, Ali Gaye is slow, Jason Scrempos is slow, etc.
    We've seen the DE/OLB/BUCK transition which isn't entirely uncommon, but going from MIKE to an OLB position is something we haven't. I also think Feeney's position switch was more the result of the coaching switch than anything else. I really don't see why they would change our leading tacklers position, especially for Tevis. Not that Tevis Bartlett isn't a great player, but it's still a decent step down from Azeem. If Victor doesn't break his leg he's probably a top-50 pick in the draft.

I think your projected defense is pretty accurate, but just switch Zeem and Tevis really. If they saw this as the future, they wouldn't have moved Bartlett from ILB to OLB in 2016 only to switch him back when they move Zeem outside. I think Bartlett would've been playing instead of Beavers if that's what they wanted. At least that's just how I see it.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Azeem.

We've seen the DE/OLB/BUCK transition which isn't entirely uncommon, but going from MIKE to an OLB position is something we haven't. I also think Feeney's position switch was more the result of the coaching switch than anything else. I really don't see why they would change our leading tacklers position, especially for Tevis. Not that Tevis Bartlett isn't a great player, but it's still a decent step down from Azeem. If Victor doesn't break his leg he's probably a top-50 pick in the draft.

I think your projected defense is pretty accurate, but just switch Zeem and Tevis really. If they saw this as the future, they wouldn't have moved Bartlett from ILB to OLB in 2016 only to switch him back when they move Zeem outside. I think Bartlett would've been playing instead of Beavers if that's what they wanted. At least that's just how I see it.

I thought Feeney didn't switch positions until year two of the new staff?
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited February 2017
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Azeem.

Well I guess you're right about that, but it's still a very different situation to Victor's. SAM to BUCK is a very different step than MIKE to BUCK/SAM because of the similarities between SAM and BUCK.

And while you're right he didn't switch to BUCK until his senior season, I think we won't see quite as much moving around of the pieces as we did during the first few years, since we've recruited more to Coach Pete and Kwiatkowski's defense.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Azeem.

Well I guess you're right about that, but it's still a very different situation to Victor's. SAM to BUCK is a very different step than MIKE to BUCK/SAM because of the similarities between SAM and BUCK.

And while you're right he didn't switch to BUCK until his senior season, I think we won't see quite as much moving around of the pieces as we did during the first few years, since we've recruited more to Coach Pete and Kwiatkowski's defense.
    So you think that DL to BUCK is easier?

Aksing for a friend named JoJo.