Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    ESPN is losing subscribers because of cord cutting.

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.

He might be wrong about his conclusion of why they're losing viewers but he's not wrong that a) they have made a hard left and b) it's not going to help them.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.

He might be wrong about his conclusion of why they're losing viewers but he's not wrong that a) they have made a hard left and b) it's not going to help them.
    Correlation is not causation nor Caucasian.

Also, FS1 would LOVE to have a tenth of ESPN's profitability.

I hate 81% of what ESPN does, but I like facts.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2017

dnc said:

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.

Correlation is not causation nor Caucasian.

Also, FS1 would LOVE to have a tenth of ESPN's profitability.

I hate 81% of what ESPN does, but I like facts.
    With the declining subscriptions and the locked in content costs, that may soon be a reality.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.

I go out of my way to not use espn website when I can get the same info from places like foxsports.com. Plus, I used to always watch epsn's college football live show but that stopped toward the end of this year.

clicks count too, just like viewership.
  • Options
    89ute said:

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.

I go out of my way to not use espn website when I can get the same info from places like foxsports.com. Plus, I used to always watch epsn's college football live show but that stopped toward the end of this year.

You're still a subscriber though, aren't you?
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

Simple fact.
    Case closed.
    End of discussion.

You're still a subscriber though, aren't you?
    Yes, I am. I see what you're getting at. I can still stick it to espn by avoiding their site and doing my part to hurt their ratings by not watching. Cord cutting is hurting them the most, no question. Why are people cord cutting? The cost outweighs the benefit. And why is that? It very well could be that people are tired of having cockless Bruce Jenner rammed down our throats. I support Bruce's choice, but he's not a fucking hero. If anything, the hero is the gay kid who repeadedly got the shit beaten out of him in jr high and high school and still stands for what he is. Sorry, going on a tangent. Point being, the shit we're seeing on espn and most other networks is maddening. I find it slanted. My wives and I are to the point we hardly ever watch a major network. We'll never cut the cord because we're old. Still have the newspaper delivered and use a landline. Now I'm all pissed off at Steph Curry, Duane Johnson and Misty Copeland. Just because the UA CEO said nice things about Trump these cuntards find Kevin Planks comments divisive and felt the need to take a stand.

Anyway, fuck espn, and yes, I know I'm supporting them by having subscription TV. I can still be pissed and I can still support conservatives even though I want government sponsored abortion clinics on every corner in every city.

CHRIST

okay, I'm done.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2017
    you all know I'm a lefty.

But ESPN ran a pro refugee bullshit thing tonight. Stick to sports assholes.

With that said, TV is in decline in general. people don't need ESPN to see daily highlights anymore. just like people don't get their news from network television anymore.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

With that said, TV is in decline in general. people don't need ESPN to see daily highlights anymore. just like people don't get their news from network television anymore.

The one time ESPN went deep into politics that I thought was interesting and made sense was when the MLB games were in Cuba and they played the Dan LeBetard story of his parents being Cuban refugees and how hard it was for him to see America and baseball and ESPN embracing Cuba now.

For me that worked since it was personal and enlightening and it seemed that the story was the agenda rather than a specific political bent.

But as a rule, yeah, it doesn't work.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

The one time ESPN went deep into politics that I thought was interesting and made sense was when the MLB games were in Cuba and they played the Dan LeBetard story of his parents being Cuban refugees and how hard it was for him to see America and baseball and ESPN embracing Cuba now.

For me that worked since it was personal and enlightening and it seemed that the story was the agenda rather than a specific political bent.

But as a rule, yeah, it doesn't work.
    The town halls about race they do are insufferable. If someone wants to tune in to watch politics espn would be the last place that they go. ESPN is great with live sports. But their other content needs a remodel. If there is even a market for nonlive sports content anymore which there may not be.