Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Romar will NOT be fired

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cohen is counting on Michael Porter Jr being a major draw for ticket sales. Look at the lines for Nathan Hale games. People are waiting in line outside on a cold January night for 3 hours for a chance to get into the tiny GHS gym. The Metro tourney has been relocated to Hec Ed to accommodate the demand.

She will not risk losing him and the money he will bring to the AD on top of paying Romar's buyout and hiring a replacement.

I truly think our best hope is Porter willing the team to the tourney next year so Romar can retire on a relative high note.

Yes Please do keep up with the Aaron Beach philosophy that we CANT FIRE ROMAR because we will lose ______.

Extend! Extend!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,884
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

So why not do this. Romar can clearly recruit. Have a sit down with him and say we're going to fire your a$$ unless you agree to let us bring in an offensive guru to run the offense. Find the best "coach in waiting" offensive genius type and make romar hand over the reigns. Jen has brass tits, she can pull this off.

I used to think that wasn't a god awful idea (not the sit down and ultimatum, but the offensive guru part). It's too late though. Plus, he's the head coach and he should have thought of this in 2013.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So why not do this. Romar can clearly recruit. Have a sit down with him and say we're going to fire your a$$ unless you agree to let us bring in an offensive guru to run the offense. Find the best "coach in waiting" offensive genius type and make romar hand over the reigns. Jen has brass tits, she can pull this off.

I used to think that wasn't a god awful idea (not the sit down and ultimatum, but the offensive guru part). It's too late though. Plus, he's the head coach and he should have thought of this in 2013.
    Didn't he try this by hiring jackson? Wasn't that the whole point?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,562
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Romar has already agreed to step down after this season and Porter Jr has verbally kept firm with his committment. I did not hear if they already had a replacement in mind. This happened a couple of hours after the UCLA game.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Romar has already agreed to step down after this season and Porter Jr has verbally kept firm with his committment. I did not hear if they already had a replacement in mind. This happened a couple of hours after the UCLA game.

Link?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

Link?
    Obviously no link. I don't even give a shit about husky basketball, so blow this off if you want.

And I'd rather be stoned than first or right, just wanted to let the site be the first one with the news. This won't be public until after the season of course, since so many dipshits are still paying to watch that dreck.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Not sure if you're serious, but I can't believe someone hasn't copied what we did on the recruiting bored and started to make up bullshit with sources about Romar.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Not sure if you're serious, but I can't believe someone hasn't copied what we did on the recruiting bored and started to make up bullshit with sources about Romar.
    I have zero inside info in the football program and 1 in basketball. Believe it or not, it doesn't matter. Other than that, I was told they aren't hiring another alum and the breaking point was the UCLA game. This isn't some juicy Nansen/Tui/Hookers&Blow shit, pretty much what everyone here thought should have happened years ago.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

After reading the last post from @haie I dug a little deeper and reached out to some connections.

TL;DR

Now I really think I'm being whooshed.

Fuckers.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How is there not more probing going on here? ($75k?)
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Porter Jr agreed despite not knowing who his college coach would be? Sounds legit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    Gladstone said:

Porter Jr agreed despite not knowing who his college coach would be? Sounds legit.

He has plenty of time to change his mind.

Cant we just be happy Romar is getting fired?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Sounds like he's going top 2 no matter who his coach is.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club