Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip Kelly

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Thinking Chip's offense can't be great again, at any level, is just a wild guess. His offense did work in the NFL until Chip Kelly the GM traded away all the good players in Philadelphia. Taking anything away from last season with a terrible 49ers team would be really dumb.

Football does evolve and one side of the ball catches up to the other but Chip could easily have more tricks up his sleeve. Or not. Either way it'll be interesting.

I'm rooting for him because good Chip Kelly teams make football more fun.

Exactly
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Thinking Chip's offense can't be great again, at any level, is just a wild guess. His offense did work in the NFL until Chip Kelly the GM traded away all the good black players in Philadelphia. Taking anything away from last season with a terrible 49ers team would be really dumb.

Football does evolve and one side of the ball catches up to the other but Chip could easily have more tricks up his sleeve. Or not. Either way it'll be interesting.

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kelly's time has come and gone. There's a reason he couldn't win the big game and Helfrich couldn't win it with his players. Gimmickry ultimately failed when confronted by the elites. Ask Sam Wyche.

Agreed. Wish he would have played REAL football and lost the Sun Bowl every December or whatever it was rest of you played in every year.

Playing in December is always special.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Ya'll could always hire Helfrich. For all his faults he's a decent OC and he's won one more playoff gayme than Chris Petersen.

Pete 2 Hipster 0
    Nuff said on that.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thinking Chip's offense can't be great again, at any level, is just a wild guess. His offense did work in the NFL until Chip Kelly the GM traded away all the good players in Philadelphia. Taking anything away from last season with a terrible 49ers team would be really dumb.

It's not his offense. It's how he runs things and everyone hates him.

He inherited a well oiled machine that had a mediocre coach (Bellotti). The morale was good, the facilities were top notch, Nike, the assistants were in place. He had to abide by some rules and guidelines.

They made minor tweaks and because Kelly was a better coach it worked. He was a first time coach that hadn't become "Chip Kelly" football genius.

I don't see it happening like that again. He made all sorts of money, seems to enjoy being a dick, answers to nobody, wants to be a "genius" than be a simple fuck who wins big.

Nobody knows shit until he comes back and coaches, but I wouldn't bet on big time success.
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The Asshole goes in, before the A goes on...

He inherited a well oiled machine that had a mediocre coach (Bellotti). The morale was good, the facilities were top notch, Nike, the assistants were in place. He had to abide by some rules and guidelines.

They made minor tweaks and because Kelly was a better coach it worked. He was a first time coach that hadn't become "Chip Kelly" football genius.

I don't see it happening like that again. He made all sorts of money, seems to enjoy being a dick, answers to nobody, wants to be a "genius" than be a simple fuck who wins big.

Nobody knows shit until he comes back and coaches, but I wouldn't bet on big time success.
    Agree

I follow the Philly Eagles and read their local papers and blogs when he was there

Truly a petty tyrant dictator dick and a
    micromanagement cunt

And he got rid of Desean Jackson and kept Riley Cooper - good judge of personnel
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Fair.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Kelly's time has come and gone. There's a reason he couldn't win the big game and Helfrich couldn't win it with his players. Gimmickry ultimately failed when confronted by the elites. Ask Sam Wyche.

Agreed. Wish he would have played REAL football and lost the Sun Bowl every December or whatever it was rest of you played in every year.

Getting back to the NC game is harder than getting there the first time. Thus, since it's all about coaching talent, not players, Helfrich is obviously a better coach than Chippy. Oregon should realize the error of its ways and rehire Helfrich ASAP.

Thanks for helping me sort that out.
    You're FS, hope this helps.
  • Options

Yep.Inherited a well oiled 8-4, bowl losing machine. What a breathtaking program we had going.

Kelly started building that thing when he arrived as OC and they told Mike to pound sand after two seasons. Minor tweeks? Kelly changed everything. The food, the practices, the training, the style of play etc etc.

He won the conference with Jeremiah fucking Masoli at fucking OREGON.

Jesus Christ you fuckers will make up excuses for anything not named Nick Saban. The guy who used to go 8-4 until he got to ALABAMA.

Fucking wiredos.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,130
    Founders Club

Sometimes in life failures teach lessons in humility. Don't discount the possibility that he can learn, change and adapt.
  • Options

Yep.Inherited a well oiled 8-4, bowl losing machine. What a breathtaking program we had going.

Kelly started building that thing when he arrived as OC and they told Mike to pound sand after two seasons. Minor tweeks? Kelly changed everything. The food, the practices, the training, the style of play etc etc.

Jesus Christ you fuckers will make up excuses for anything not named Nick Saban. The guy who used to go 8-4 until he got to ALABAMA.

Fucking wiredos.

Upvoted because you're spot on with Kelly, but that last comment is FS. Saban won a natty before BAMA.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Fucking wiredos.

Upvoted because you're spot on with Kelly, but that last comment is FS. Saban won a natty before BAMA.
    Yeah, but still...

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sometimes in life failures teach lessons in humility. Don't discount the possibility that he can learn, change and adapt.
    I expect that to be true for Steve Sarkisian.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I'm a quook so I hope he fails at everything he does from here on out.
  • Options

I'm a quook so I hope he fails at everything he does from here on out.
    Chinned for honesty
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Getting back to the NC game is harder than getting there the first time. Thus, since it's all about coaching talent, not players, Helfrich is obviously a better coach than Chippy. Oregon should realize the error of its ways and rehire Helfrich ASAP.

Thanks for helping me sort that out.
    You're FS, hope this helps.
    I was wondering who Chippy had sucking his dick these days.

Good to know it's @MikeSeaver.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fucking wiredos.

Do you realize you're fighting yourself here? Probably not.