Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When was the last time USC and Washington both entered the season in the top 10?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club
edited February 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
With USC wrapping up the Off Season Natty on National LOI day, I was pondering when was the last time UW and SC were both pre-season top 10 squads. After opening up the history books, I learned that the answer in 1982 when UW started the season ranked #2 and USC was #10, and due to scheduling that year, the two teams never actually played each other.

The last time both teams were pre-season top 10 and actually played each other was 1972 (UW started at #9 and USC #8) with Sonny Sixkiller's squad getting plungered in the Coliseum.

So, 2017 is certainly going to be special in terms of a level of pre-season hype for both programs that most of us - excepting @RaceBannon and perhaps a few other geezers here - have never witnessed.

Doog the fuck on...

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Awfully cold out for preseason rankings bullshit.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,101 Swaye's Wigwam

With USC wrapping up the Off Season Natty on National LOI day, I was pondering when was the last time UW and SC were both pre-season top 10 squads. After opening up the history books, I learned that the answer in 1982 when UW started the season ranked #2 and USC was #10, and due to scheduling that year, the two teams never actually played each other.

The last time both teams were pre-season top 10 and actually played each other was 1972 (UW started at #9 and USC #8) with Sonny Sixkiller's squad getting plungered in the Coliseum.

So, 2017 is certainly going to be special in terms of a level of pre-season hype for both programs that most of us - excepting @RaceBannon and perhaps a few other geezers here - have never witnessed.

Doog the fuck on...

speshul my ass. doesn't this basically fuck up the whole "the Pac 12 is strong when USC and Washington are strong" argument?

axe me how many times Miami and Free Shoes were in the top 5 when playing each other. this is basically fucking embarrassing for doogs smart enough to understand it and therefore comprehend the embarrassment.

1972? Jesus. That really does put a nail in the coffin of that particular doogism and is going into the creep's rotation. you made a mistake pointing this out to me. I hope you understand that.
    When were Miami and FSU in the same conference when they were both top 5? Wasn't one in Big East and one in the ACC?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,978
    edited February 2017
    Alexis said:

Doog the fuck on...

speshul my ass. doesn't this basically fuck up the whole "the Pac 12 is strong when USC and Washington are strong" argument?

axe me how many times Miami and Free Shoes were in the top 5 when playing each other. this is basically fucking embarrassing for doogs smart enough to understand it and therefore comprehend the embarrassment.

1972? Jesus. That really does put a nail in the coffin of that particular doogism and is going into the creep's rotation. you made a mistake pointing this out to me. I hope you understand that.
    When were Miami and FSU in the same conference when they were both top 5? Wasn't one in Big East and one in the ACC?
    who gives a fuck? they played and play every year. both progrums was in the same fucking state and compeeted for the same recroots. regional rivals, call it what you will.

the point is, for this idea that W is some kind of strong #2 to USC's undisputed #1 in the West, (a super fucking embarrassing thing in and of itself to brag about even at the doog level of interpretation), you'd think that at some fucking point between now and 19 SEVENTY fucking two the two progrums would've found themselves in the top 10. It's not that hard to be in the top fucking 10 at least for a fucking week.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club

Doog the fuck on...

Actually, it is "speshul" because of the fact because both teams haven't been in the "conversation" so to speak heading into the season- i.e., in over 3 decades. I never said anything to the affect of how USC and Washington both have to be good for the Pac to be strong. When USC was last dominant we sucked and vice versa for our run in early 90's.

Doog the fuck on...

Actually, it is "speshul" because of the fact because both teams haven't been in the "conversation" so to speak heading into the season- i.e., in over 3 decades. I never said anything to the affect of how USC and Washington both have to be good for the Pac to be strong. When USC was last dominant we sucked and vice versa for our run in early 90's.
    My oh my, you are a little slow aren't you?

Do you basically read anything here? Or do you just poast?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Post season rankings>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pre season rankings
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,993 Founders Club

Doog the fuck on...

Yeah, I lurked on the sidelines for about a year here before posting a single word.

I'd argue that it is your reading comprehension skills that should be called into question. Open up a fucking thesaurus for the word "special" and look at the synonyms. Something that is unique, extraordinary, unusual, because it hasn't happened very often in history - i.e., big pre-season hype for both teams - is by definition "special". That my posting of some random trivia about the rarity of pre-season hype for both teams could be used as evidence in your arguments against certain doog claims is irrelevant as to whether or not something is special or rare.

Trump won, learn fucking English.
    edited February 2017

Doog the fuck on...

Yeah, I lurked on the sidelines for about a year here before posting a single word. The mere fact that you answered that proves you're a retard.

I'd argue that it is your reading comprehension skills that should be called into question. call away. my dick's bigger than yours. I win. Open up a fucking thesaurus for the word "special" and look at the synonyms. Something that is unique, extraordinary, unusual, because it hasn't happened very often in history - i.e., big pre-season hype for both teams - is by definition "special". again, proof you are a retard. and, even with the correction of pre-season rankings, my point didn't exactly get entirely blown up. my guess is your new "research project" will likely not alter all that much.That my posting of some random trivia about the rarity of pre-season hype for both teams could be used as evidence in your arguments against certain doog claims is irrelevant as to whether or not something is special or rare. thanks for that non-clarification

Trump won, learn fucking English. this is probably your best work so far. congratulations; you fucking suck
    dflea said:

Creep's still showing off his butthurt that the Canes still suck balls.

Still.

Long time.

NOGAF about UM

Not in the conversation.

Glory days.

7-11

Fuck off.

I'll be in Shelton on Saturday. Wal Mart parking lot. Be there, or I start fucking your wife, and you know what that means for you little-dick.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    At the risk of blowing this thread to bits, UW and USC aren't scheduled to play each other this year.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread is gay.
    chuck said:

Creep has basically turned into an argumentative tequila with an edge. His ability to take statements out of context, misunderstand or misrepresent and then turn it into a long rant is his signature. Seems like a new thing to me but maybe he a always been that way.

always been that way.

At the risk of blowing this thread to bits, UW and USC aren't scheduled to play each other this year.

Ouch. That's embarrassing, for the OP that is.
    edited February 2017

Doog the fuck on...

Yeah, I lurked on the sidelines for about a year here before posting a single word.

I'd argue that it is your reading comprehension skills that should be called into question. Open up a fucking thesaurus for the word "special" and look at the synonyms. Something that is unique, extraordinary, unusual, because it hasn't happened very often in history - i.e., big pre-season hype for both teams - is by definition "special". That my posting of some random trivia about the rarity of pre-season hype for both teams could be used as evidence in your arguments against certain doog claims is irrelevant as to whether or not something is special or rare.

Trump won, learn fucking English.
    Well, I did your fucking homework for you ... kind of. I axed the pertinent question: how many times has Washington FINISHED THE SEASON in the top 10? I didn't have to bother with USC, because I know the answer: A SHIT TON.

So, back to my poont, which is so much more salient than your stupid speshul poont, and that's to this Washington strong = Pac 12 strong nonsense:

Since 1936, Washington has finished the season in the top 10, in at least one pole, a grand total of ....................12 times. Yes, in 81 fucking years, since the Boys in the Boat story actually happened, 12 top 10 finishes.

So, now that I look at it, you were completely fucking right all along. Any scenario, ANY, in which Washington finds itself in the top 10 of anything, really is really really really fucking speshul.

Carry on doughnut. You're actually starting to make some sense.