Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are We Giving Up on Recruiting Texas?

No commits this year and not really any
prospects for 2018. Who's area is it or
have we switched to Utah? Bet Hamdan
could do some damage in the Dallas area.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Yeah, Pease and Choate were responsible for that region. It would nice if we targeted that area, because they usually always have fat big DT walking around.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

Choate and Pease were the TX guys. In the prior 3 classes, we've had 3 commitments from TX. Makes no sense to spend any time there with no connections, let alone the cost in terms of time and money.

As for Hamden, I think we should let him do what he's been doing, which has been pretty damn impressive.

Agree, but if Ikaika fuck up next year. I think we need to cut him and get some guy who has connections to the south. There is shit to of talent out there.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2017

I'm wearing my UW sweatpants all over Collin County.

Levi was a huge get out of the premier program in Dallas, Allen. It'd seem lazy to me to not try to build on that once he starts showing up on TV.

The whole state of Texas is a dumpster fire, no team finished in the top 25, and recruiting is going about as well. Seems like a good opportunity to snag a few prospects.

You should get the kind that have big cargo pockets, and have obvious coffee cups sticking out of each one.

Like these. Have your GF sew big purple Ws on each pocket, with gold trim.

Fuck, the more I think about it, I should start making those and selling them. Anybody know how to hook me up with a sweatshop in Mexico and an Amazon Seller's page?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    From the looks of it, the staff is peeking into Florida as it's distant pipeline instead of Texas. Already 3 offers to FL kids for the 2018 class (4 if you count TJ Pledger, who moved from CA), and only 1 offer to a TX kid who we have 0 chance with.

Problem with that is Willie T still has all his connections down there, so any FL kids who'd want to go that far away from home are likely looking at Oregon first. Their 2017 class had *7* FL kids (mostly because Taggart was already recruiting them), and their 2018 class will probably have like 5 more.

Honestly I think we should just stick to where we recruit best, and that's out West. Better we do out here, the less talent there is for other PAC12 teams to get.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyInAZ said:

Choate and Pease were the TX guys. In the prior 3 classes, we've had 3 commitments from TX. Makes no sense to spend any time there with no connections, let alone the cost in terms of time and money.

As for Hamden, I think we should let him do what he's been doing, which has been pretty damn impressive.

Agree, but if Ikaika fuck up next year. I think we need to cut him and get some guy who has connections to the south. There is shit to of talent out there.
    Fucks up as in the DL sucks or fucks up not getting a teen boi that you slobber over?
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

Fucks up as in the DL sucks or fucks up not getting a teen boi that you slobber over?
    both. Caz you need good players to win. If you don't believe in getting talented players, I can't help you.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

HuskyInAZ said:

both. Caz you need good players to win. If you don't believe in getting talented players, I can't help you.
    We got one of the most physically gifted DT prospects in the country.. Him and his fellow Gambian countrymen politely say FUCK OFF!
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

We got one of the most physically gifted DT prospects in the country.. Him and his fellow Gambian countrymen politely say FUCK OFF!
    Dude we were getting Gaye regardless who was recruiting him. The kid was waiting for UW to offer.
  • Options
    @backthepack
    Why you acting like it is ok to lose one of the best DT in the country?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

@backthepack
    Why you acting like it is ok to lose one of the best DT in the country?

We lost him because of dirty dealings and i'm fine with that... I think Gaye will end up being better than him.
  • Options
    RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Thump said:

Levi was a huge get out of the premier program in Dallas, Allen. It'd seem lazy to me to not try to build on that once he starts showing up on TV.

The whole state of Texas is a dumpster fire, no team finished in the top 25, and recruiting is going about as well. Seems like a good opportunity to snag a few prospects.

You should get the kind that have big cargo pockets, and have obvious coffee cups sticking out of each one.

Like these. Have your GF sew big purple Ws on each pocket, with gold trim.

Fuck, the more I think about it, I should start making those and selling them. Anybody know how to hook me up with a sweatshop in Mexico and an Amazon Seller's page?
    I got you. Send me your bank info and I'll get this shit set up.
  • Options
    RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    NEsnake12 said:

From the looks of it, the staff is peeking into Florida as it's distant pipeline instead of Texas. Already 3 offers to FL kids for the 2018 class (4 if you count TJ Pledger, who moved from CA), and only 1 offer to a TX kid who we have 0 chance with.

Problem with that is Willie T still has all his connections down there, so any FL kids who'd want to go that far away from home are likely looking at Oregon first. Their 2017 class had *7* FL kids (mostly because Taggart was already recruiting them), and their 2018 class will probably have like 5 more.

Honestly I think we should just stick to where we recruit best, and that's out West. Better we do out here, the less talent there is for other PAC12 teams to get.

Really wish we get in with one school in the deep South.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

Really wish we get in with one school in the deep South.
    Where is the Dirt Dawg South?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I didn't follow close enough to Texas recruiting this year to figure out what is going on ... I know Oklahoma had a strong class and TCU has done really well in supplementing the DFW region along with Oklahoma shutting Texas out. TAMU and LSU traditionally do well in Houston ... so what's left?

I'm not sure that there was anything in this class that we didn't get that Texas would have given us an upgrade over.

I agree in the sense that it is stupid to dismiss the area, but for us the reality is that Texas is where we need to look to WHEN we're not able to identify what we need out of Washington/California.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    If/when Levi is crushing souls, Allen HS alone is worth a trip to see if anybody wants a similiar unique college experience. Lovejoy is also in the same ISD, might as well keep a pulse on the area.

I'm here though, no programs in Texas feel elite, the general local media commentary is about "what the hell is going on in Texas". maybe Herman will get some buzz, and TCU has had a good run but was down this year. Baylor dumpster fire, TAMU seems ready for a new direction, LSU went bargain barrel, etc.

It's not a no brainer, but like I said UW should keep a pulse on north Dallas and see if they can build on their success.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HuskyInAZ said:

Try hard poster of the year